X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
    God of War is the creator of all Hack and slash games
    Right, because there was none before that...
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
      Right, because there was none before that...
      Ehm...

The hack n' slash originated from the first Zelda games, later with the J-RPG game series, .hack//, and some more. This God of War series is the first game to become a 3D with Full HD hack n' slash. after that every game follows its characteristics.

yogibbear, I'd not say you're sad, but you're jealous. Everyone is jealous of us having this crazy game with epic boss fights.

First the Prince of Persia with GENE_BC's country, Persia, and now my country as having an epic game series, and as parralleled as it is, with Italia's Dante's Inferno. Now I wish there would be a Norsh Mythology Hack n' slash.
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Haha. Yoggi hates everything :/
        I'm back.

Comment

Yeah, I only rented God of War 3, got to Hades, got bored and quit. I'm not a fan of hack 'n' slash, and the story and characters weren't compelling enough for me to stick around. Didn't help that I hadn't played the first two games, but I can't imagine I would have enjoyed them much more. So you're not the only one (you're never the only one).

I can't imagine what a Canadian hack and slash would be like...

Oh...
          <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
            Haha. Yoggi hates everything :/
            No, not true...
            Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
              Now I wish there would be a Norsh Mythology Hack n' slash.
              I think Too Human could fill that slot.
              I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Moridin View Post
                I think Too Human could fill that slot.
                Too Human ? Hmmm. Need to check it out. There's also the Darksiders(the one which is a Zelda clone, as I heard). I also have the Nier(unfortunatelly, a promo CD. Need to find the original).
                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

DAOC???

Or like did you miss it?
                  Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Just got Deadly premonition, looking forward to it. But right now I'm going to sit down with some BC2 nam'!

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                      Too Human ? Hmmm. Need to check it out. There's also the Darksiders(the one which is a Zelda clone, as I heard). I also have the Nier(unfortunatelly, a promo CD. Need to find the original).
                      Zelda? Are you crazy? These games look and feel nothing like the Zelda games. Had you said Devil May Cry, then yes, but Zelda?
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                        Zelda? Are you crazy? These games look and feel nothing like the Zelda games. Had you said Devil May Cry, then yes, but Zelda?
                        Don't ask me. I only heard from other peeps saying that it's a clone of Zelda, yet it has the hack n' slash elements in it.

If I had the game itself, I'd create my own criticism on it. I don't trust other peeps' reviews, because they tend not to play the full game till the end, thus the wrong statements in the real potential and kinds of games.

Comment

It's nothing like Zelda. If you are to compare these kinds of games, this is what I've come to understand:

Darksiders (awesome game!) works a lot like Devil May Cry.

Dante's Inferno works a lot like God of War.

I haven't actually played Dante's Inferno or God of War much (a little though), but I've played Darksiders and all Devil May Cry games a LOT. And I love 'em.

Comment

I see. I'll have to consider buying this game. Thanks, Kahr.

Comment

Yeah, I really enjoyed Darksiders. You really should consider it. As far as hack and slash games come, I think this is one of the better ones. At least in my own experience.

Me, I've been playing BFBC2: Vietnam. Awesomeness!

Comment

Yeah, Darksiders is awesome. I recomend it to anyone who likes adventure games, it's perhaps the closest thing you will come to Zelda on PS3/360.

Now I'm going to play some Age of empires 3. Should be good fun, got a LAN running with my neighbour.

Comment

Working...
                                X