Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
    ^ the only Castlevania I've ever played was Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on PSP and it was a good thing. It was completely 2D with lots of treasures, hidden places and great musics and it would lead me a pretty dance. It was really difficult.
    If you liked that game you should try Symphony of the Night Gene it is 2D and it's for the PSP or I think there is a PSX version for it. Or you could try it on PSX if you have one or on PC if you know what I mean
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West yesterday and its DLC chapter entitled Pigsy's Perfect 10 today. First the main game: absolutely loved it. Great characters with superb voice acting, great story, beautiful visuals and soundtrack, excellent overall pacing. The bad: the camera drove me nuts during several combat sequences, collecting all orbs made me rage because some were glitched... Honestly, I still dislike hack 'n slash, it's just not my thing. Still, Odyssey to the West is one of 2010's most underrated games and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Pigsy's Perfect 10: now this is how single player DLC is supposed to be handled. Not a rehash of the main game, lengthy and enjoyable and not too expensive. The good: interesting character, completely different gameplay mechanics (strategy/stealth) compared to the main game. The bad: collectibles with no purpose other than boosting one's gamerscore, maybe a bit too much trial and error for some.

---

I've also completed Stacking yesterday. Another stylish, fun and original downloadable title. Had a couple of good laughs and loads of fun trying to figure out all possible solutions and hi-jinks; the very last one I had to complete was called 'Blast on the Past'; when I finally figured it out I facepalmed myself. I won't spoil it for you people but I suggest you look it up if you absolutely want to know. Sometimes it's best not to think too hard about something...

Highly recommended.
      Last edited by JackGordon; 02-13-2011, 02:33 AM.
      "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
      (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

I played some Plants vs. Zombies at my cousins house. A good game, kind of tedious and boring at times, and the replay value is low. Not terrible, but a good game with some great ideas and design.

Still waiting for something good to come out. It seems like ever since WoW: Catacylsm came out nothing goods been showing up. However though, my entire week was made when I saw this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0W27D1TrY
        Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Latest Death Rally build on my iPhone.

The game is going to be awesome!!

Comment

Dead Space 2 on Hardcore. Died once already, just after debating with myself whether or not I should make my first save before entering the room. Of course I chose not to and had to restart, haha.

I thought it would be a pain and probably wouldn't have tried it until I found out about the reward for it but it's actually a fun gameplay experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
              Still waiting for something good to come out. It seems like ever since WoW: Catacylsm came out nothing goods been showing up. However though, my entire week was made when I saw this.

LOLOLOL. I couldn't stop giggling when he had the moleskin notebook exactly like the one i used at work...

Still can't believe this isn't announced for PC yet...
              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post

I thought nothing about this game a month ago, but now I am not so sure. It might be worth a buy. Will see...

I have been playing Serious Sam First Encounter. A nice change from serious thinking behind strategy games.
                We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Deadly Premonition. I'm loving it!
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                    Deadly Premonition. I'm loving it!
                    I'm glad you are liking the game Kahr.

So what do you think about the story and the free roaming map? I loved those because the combat was bad as hell
                    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                      I thought nothing about this game a month ago, but now I am not so sure. It might be worth a buy. Will see...

I have been playing Serious Sam First Encounter. A nice change from serious thinking behind strategy games.
                      Yeah. I'll admit, one thing I am worried about for L.A. Noire is that it might have the same problem as Mafia II. There will be a sandbox for no reason, and you will not be able to do anything but the story missions.
                      Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

I'm playing Killzone 2. The first stages didn't interest me that much but as I progress through the game and getting used to this peculiar control, thing are getting better. I specially liked " Bridge" stage.

" Train" stage just reminded me of Gears of War. Anyway, it's not even close to that bloody hell train, General RAAM had boarded
                        Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                          So what do you think about the story and the free roaming map? I loved those because the combat was bad as hell
                          It's very interesting. The free roaming and the missions systems works much like how I imagined Alan Wake was going to work when it was first supposed to be an open world game. I'm not complaining about how Alan Wake turned out (I love it to bits!), it's just interesting to see how such a game turned out. It's not so bad.

The combat is truly dreadful. And so is the driving. I mean, by Gods, the SUV doesn't even slide (when using the handbreak) and the break is so instant I can only imagine that the driver's face is being ripped off during breaking. And if you go over 50 MPH (I reached 70 once downhill) you completely loose control over the car. It's ridiculous! Not to mention the insane acceleration when you hit the boost button when taking off. Oh boy!

But the story. The characters. The way it's all told and done... It's brilliant!
                          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Yes, I agree. The driving sequences are the worst. Try to finish side-quest No. 5 as quickly as possible... You'll get a warping tool which will, well, warp you to any area you've previously visited. Trust me, you're going to need it.

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
                            " Train" stage just reminded me of Gears of War. Anyway, it's not even close to that bloody hell train, General RAAM had boarded
                            Oh my, yes! Thrilling chapter! However, I remember yelling a lot of naughty words at my screen during my first single player playthrough on Insane difficulty. I didn't have Xbox Live or co-op friends back then so it was checkpoint restart after checkpoint restart...
                            Last edited by JackGordon; 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM.
                            "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                            (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
                              Yes, I agree. The driving sequences are the worst. Try to finish side-quest No. 5 as quickly as possible... You'll get a warping tool which will, well, warp you to any area you've previously visited. Trust me, you're going to need it.
                              Sounds wonderful... But I have no idea when or where the side-quests begins. I completed No. 4 I believe. All I got for it was a damn card.

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
                                WTF the game had a warping tool, I didn't know that. I had to drive everywhere, those long trips to the Art Gallery and Harry's mansion were really annoying. I did a few side quests but I didn't do that one, I got to make sure I do it for my next playthrough. The side quests were next to the characters and the story, the best part of the game because every side quest is tied to a character and every character has more than one quest. You learn so much about the town's history and the people in Greenvale just by doing the side quests.

I was reading about Deadly Premonition in Gamespot the other day and I was amazed by how many clues the game gives the players about who the killer is. The clues are everywhere, I was facepalming myself at how much content, references and overrall story I missed on my first playthrough. I'm using a guide for my second playthrough. I want to make sure I do every side quest and get every card. This game is so good that I want to see and do everything that's possible.

BTW right now I'm playing Tales of Vesperia, the game is a pretty solid JRPG. Still I can't wait for Dragon Age II, just a few more weeks.
                                Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X