What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

^ And I'm one of those who missed this game for some unknown reasons. Now with HD release, I think I need to get it finally.

Quite frankly, I liked Ubi's last generation games much more better that this generation ones. POP 1,2 , Farcry 1, King Kong were really sweet. G&E is the same I feel. Nowadays it's all bout Assassin's creed which will be pissing me off to see an milking announcement on the third installment.
    Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Red Dead Redemption. Hard to belive that I had no chance to get to this one till now, but I have around 20 sealed games. This one is actually really good, but some things could have been better.
      If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
        Spyro The Dragon.

Oh yes. And when I'm done I'll be playing the (only true) sequels; 'Gateway to Glimmer' & 'Year of the Dragon'. Wonderful, wonderful games.
        'Year of the Dragon' is an ABSOLUTELY SWEET game.
        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Just played Fight Night Champion.
          It's so realistic game & effects are incredible.
          Champion Mode is the best part of the Game.
          I guess it'll be the best sport game of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mera Benzema View Post
            Just played Fight Night Champion.
            It's so realistic game & effects are incredible.
            Champion Mode is the best part of the Game.
            I guess it'll be the best sport game of the year.
            It wont be the best sports game of the year...that title will easily go to either MLB the Show or what will be NBA 2K12. 2K11 was far and away the best sports title of 2010.

But yeah, I'm still really interested in Fight Night Champion. I just cant purchase it at the moment, not with Dragon Age 2 coming out next week. Besides, those Fight Night games depreciate in value quickly. It will be $40 before you know it. And a fantastic value buy. The new story mode looks like so much fun and oh so violent, gritty, and vulgar.

As for what I've been playing...

I'm about 4 hours into God of War 3...it's absolutely amazing so far. I just killed another god. Speaking of, they really outdid themselves with these death scenes. lol. I'm loving it.

The gameplay has always been almost perfect, so it's nice to see them leave damn near everything the same here. The formula just works beautifully. There are a lot of GOW of clones, but the standard Sony Santa Monica sets is just unreal and unmatched in the genre. I love how all three games just have that distinct feel. While other series will feel different from game to game with sometimes radical changes, God of War is just consistent throughout, and yet, still fresh with each game. Gotta love it.

I also have to say, it's nice to play a game where I dont have to worry about achievements in the back of my mind. I dont give a damn about trophies...I just play PS3 games for the fun of it and the experience. And while I do this on the 360 as well...I def. can get sidetracked and just waste time, on what are, in the end, just pointless achievement points.

God of War isnt quite finished yet, I've heard. It's too much of a money maker and Kratos is too iconic for them to just shelf it. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with after the God of War series. Fantastic developer.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cubanito305 View Post
              I'm also playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadows. I'm already in the final boss of chapter X. Just two more chapters to go. Pretty good game.
              I told you that you will like the game

Tell me what you think about the ending

Also the Chapter XI is pretty random, it has very weird puzzles.

About Beyond Good and Evil I have to try it, I never had the chance to play it and everybody tell me it's good.
              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Not The Writer View Post
                Halo 3. Trying my luck with the Bumper Jumper setting!
                Bumper Jumper for was me the best control setting for Halo 3. Took a little getting use to, but I eventually got it down. For Reach though, I switched to Recon. Bumper Jumper just wasn't cutting it.
                "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
                -Tyler Durden

Comment

Last Played: Skate 3. Downloading Beyond Good & Evil HD.

Comment

Made the fatal mistake of trying the Shogan2 campaign demo. /Hits 'next turn' and watches Saturday dissolve away...

Also started playing online Poker again. Won $17000 this morning.
                    [size=1]If only it wasn't pretend money. :-( [/size]
                    Last edited by Maddieman; 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumWake View Post
                      Bumper Jumper for was me the best control setting for Halo 3. Took a little getting use to, but I eventually got it down. For Reach though, I switched to Recon. Bumper Jumper just wasn't cutting it.
                      I totally agree with the switch for Reach. Having the 'X' button for an armor ability doesn't work. You use an armor ability too often to have to take your finger off of the right thumbstick in order to use it.
                      I rarely reply to topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                        Made the fatal mistake of trying the Shogan2 campaign demo. /Hits 'next turn' and watches Saturday dissolve away...

Also started playing online Poker again. Won $17000 this morning.
                        Yeah my prob is i usually get to the last 20 or so in these 3000 entrant tourneys then realise it's like 4am and i get annoyed and then crash and burn really fast as I try to knock people out as i get sick of their betting tactics (which are presumably very similar to my own). I need to like press a reset button on my psyche when i get to the last 4 tables or so....

Then i evaluate the earnings and for 8-10 hrs work getting a few hundred dollars isn't worth it when i should just go into the office instead. . If only i could step up one more notch and take in the $xx,000 mark amounts. (Which tends to be 1/2/3 in the tourneys i play). I think my best result was 7th.
                        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Just beat God of War 3...took me just over 9 hours.

Honestly, I dont get the hate at all by some fans. The game was absolutely outstanding. The sheer sense of power that Kratos has is insane. Really does feel like you're controlling a god. haha. Such a beast.

I really dont get how you can be let down by this one.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Just beat God of War 3...took me just over 9 hours.

Honestly, I dont get the hate at all by some fans. The game was absolutely outstanding. The sheer sense of power that Kratos has is insane. Really does feel like you're controlling a god. haha. Such a beast.

I really dont get how you can be let down by this one.
                            Try out the Chaos Mode and feel the Greek's wrath. I did beat it as a genuine Greek. No wonder he's a beast, because Spartans are rumored to be of the best Greek warriors alongside with Macedonians.

Since I lost a trophy without knowing it, I'm doing a Easy Mode speed run to unlock it...

edit: Just a while ago, I completed God of War III with the trophies being 100%.
                            Last edited by TannosukeGR; 03-06-2011, 06:46 PM. Reason: Check out the edit...
                            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Finished my first playthrough of Killzone 3 on Trooper difficulty (Normal) yesterday. Starting a new playthrough on Veteran tonight.

I think the single player campaign is a lot more memorable than Killzone 2's. Either way, I'm having a lot of fun with this game.
                              "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                              (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

I'm currently installing Lost Odyssey at XBOX 360. Will play it after I complete all CDs' installation.

GENE_BC, you heard me! I'm gonna play it !
                                Last edited by TannosukeGR; 03-06-2011, 07:15 PM.
                                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Working...
                                X