Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

http://www.push-start.co.uk/featured...es-on-the-web/

Some interesting free games worth trying (Beneath a steel sky is excellent) - I'm off to play 'Every Day the Same Dream' - it sounds intriguing.

EDIT: Wow - it's short, but a seriously cool game/experience. The music is excellent too.
    Last edited by Maddieman; 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3APA3HO View Post
      Red Dead Redemption. Hard to belive that I had no chance to get to this one till now, but I have around 20 sealed games. This one is actually really good, but some things could have been better.
      Same here, I just got this game a while ago, great game. I know what it's like to have lots of games on my to-play list. There's lots of games I would like to buy, but don't have the time to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon253 View Post
        Same here, I just got this game a while ago, great game. I know what it's like to have lots of games on my to-play list. There's lots of games I would like to buy, but don't have the time to play.
        Cool, so I'm not the only one buying tons of games with no time to play them

Still playing RDR. I must that I still love it even though there are a lot of similar missions. The game is almost 50 percent complete, so the story is pretty-much finished. not sure that I'm going to do all other activities though, but I'll try to get to 100 percent if I don't get too bored
        If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Fortunately, I do have time, so that I can play them with ease.
          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Gonna pick up Dragon Age 2 in a few hours. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
              I'm currently installing Lost Odyssey at XBOX 360. Will play it after I complete all CDs' installation.

GENE_BC, you heard me! I'm gonna play it !
              Opse! Hadn't seen you post I suppose you're now playing it, right?

That's definitely one of he best JPRGs of this generation. I liked the story and settings much more than a game like FFXIII. One of the most interesting parts of the game is when Kaim recall his very past days. A lot of emotion are in those short stories which sometimes made me share some tears.
              Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
                Opse! Hadn't seen you post I suppose you're now playing it, right?

That's definitely one of he best JPRGs of this generation. I liked the story and settings much more than a game like FFXIII. One of the most interesting parts of the game is when Kaim recall his very past days. A lot of emotion are in those short stories which sometimes made me share some tears.
                I'm, indeed, playing this game...
                Spoiler:

Indeed, it's the best J-RPG, because it comes from Square Enix. Nobuo Uematsu is also involved in it.

The battle system resembles very much like Final Fantasy X, but it has a slight difference with the trigger. The level system is very unique, so unique that when you fight, not only you level yourself, but you also level the magic skills of the mortal and the learning magic skill of the immortal.

The story reminds me of Highlander the Immortal from the TV series, but with the difference of the amnesiac. That's a sure win.
                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Just came back from Gamestop with Dragon Age 2: Bioware Signature Edition and a mini-guide. I was so lucky I pre-order this game before January 11, that way I got the Signature Edition with the Exiled Prince DLC and the Digital Soundtrack for free at the same price as the normal edition at least that was the offer. If anyone else got the Signature Edition and they pre-order after January 11, I will be pissed. JK.

I also saw the new Mass Effect 2 DLC being hype on the inside of the box. It's called Arrival and it says "The Arrival Has Begun." That's a pretty ballsy move by Bioware having the Reapers invasion begin in a DLC when that is such an important part of the game. Well that's cool I guess.

Finally I also pre-order Gears 3 and got my access to the beta. I already entered my code and everything. I can't wait to play the Beta.
                  Last edited by cubanito305; 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM.
                  Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Originally posted by cubanito305 View Post
                    Just came back from Gamestop with Dragon Age 2: Bioware Signature Edition and a mini-guide. I was so lucky I pre-order this game before January 11, that way I got the Signature Edition with the Exiled Prince DLC and the Digital Soundtrack for free at the same price as the normal edition at least that was the offer. If anyone else got the Signature Edition and they pre-order after January 11, I will be pissed. JK.

I also saw the new Mass Effect 2 DLC being hype on the inside of the box. It's called Arrival and it says "The Arrival Has Begun." That's a pretty ballsy move by Bioware having the Reapers invasion begin in a DLC when that is such an important part of the game. Well that's cool I guess.

Finally I also pre-order Gears 3 and got my access to the beta. I already entered my code and everything. I can't wait to play the Beta.
                    I was wondering why you were a level 10. I'm assuming that's one of the perks from that edition? I saw level 10 mage...zero achievements. And I was like...okay? haha.

As for my mini review/thoughts after two hours of playing...

It's great. The demo isnt the best representation, because it was all action. I'm just getting into some of the slower exploration stuff...doing small jobs and talking to people. It's a lot of fun. It def. feels like a Dragon Age game...just with hack n slash type game play. It's pretty crazy how much time leaps forward in just a small amount of game time, however. Because of course, the game is being told as a story...so something big/important may happen and then you may jump a couple days, weeks, months, year(s) in time to progress to the next part of the story. It's not bad, it's just a lot different than how Dragon Age was told. It may get annoying, though...start feeling like you've missed a little too much, perhaps. An example, a year does pass early in the story. And they're like..."well we've made quite the name for ourselves over the year." And I was like, really? haha. I didnt get to see any of that.

I still dont like the level up tree, either. It's way too simple and it's a pretty linear level up set up with those trees. You can only do so much, because certain abilities have level restrictions.

Oh and I also preordered a couple games when I picked it up...L.A. Noire and Mass Effect 3. mmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      I was wondering why you were a level 10. I'm assuming that's one of the perks from that edition? I saw level 10 mage...zero achievements. And I was like...okay? haha.
                      Level 10 say what? I'm a meager level 6 mage with just a couple of spells in my arsenal. I know what happened though. When you looked at my Gamertag I was probably right at the beginning in the part where Varric is exagerating the story. In that part of the story Hawke is at level 10 with a bunch of powers and skills but then when Varric starts telling the real story, Hawke goes back to level 1. I wish I started at level 10 haha.

The Signature Edition only has the Exiled Prince DLC and the Digital Soundtrack. BTW I recommend the Exiled Prince DLC, it's a new companion with three new quests. It sucks that Bioware decided to give the Signature Edition only to those who pre-ordered the game before January 11. I actually didn't have to pay anything extra, the game costed me 60 bucks well 28 to be honest since I traded Black Ops in. The difference was the I pre-ordered the game extra earlier that's all.

I also agree with pretty much everything you said. After the game skipped the first year, I was like what the hell just happened. I'm still having a lot of fun though.
                      Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Playin' Shadowrun. It kicks ****ing ass.
                        NEVER FORGET
                        Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                        5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

C&C Red Alert 3

Comment

Thought I'd set up my PS2 again to play the original Killzone because apparently I forgot all about it. Bad idea. Terrible, in fact. I remember now why I completed it only once and never looked back; it's totally unplayable generic garbage. Who, in their right mind, would even think of rating this crap higher than a four out of ten?

Some people complain about Shadow of the Colossus being to big of a game for the PS2 to handle, well at least it's playable. Killzone, on the other hand, is not. Awful controls, extremely annoying voices & characters, a terrible framerate, a rubbish checkpoint system and more!

Back to Killzone 2 & 3 it is, then!
                            "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                            (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

Yeah I'm playing DA2 as well. Unsure if I like what Bioware has done here... it's not DA:O (which to me was an almost perfect RPG), but it's different. Not a completely horrid different, but not quite what I was expecting. So.... hm.... I wish these level up abilities didn't have level restrictions so you could actually you know... make your players a bit more unique.... feels kind of like a Bioware story-telling RPG in a Titan Quest RPG mode overlayed with Dragon Age:Origins assets without the "uniqueness" of Dragon Age:Origins. Or at least so far... However the characters and character interactions are somewhat improved... i.e. I'm more interested in some of the characters this time.
                              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

I disagree in character interaction being improved. You cant even talk to your party members unless the game gives you a prompt to do so. I'm 13 hours in and I still feel like I have no idea who my companions are. Hell, your party members barely even intervene in conversations also, unless again, the game prompts you to get them involved. I dont know what they were thinking. Like I said, I feel like I dont know anyone and I cant even talk to Isabela at all because the game wont let me. It's a def. downgrade from the previous game.

I loved Origins but this seems like a step back. I actually have no problem with the gameplay changes. It's the very weak story, the fact that 80% of the game takes place inside the walls of Kirkwall, and the fact that the game seems like it's all side quests, all the time. There is no major story arc...it's messy and at times dull. There is no central antagonist and it brings everything down. I still dont know why I have such a large party following me, it makes no sense, given the story. In the first game you need masses to defeat the Blight...what's the aim here? To make money and better your own situation. And these companions have just chosen to follow me for no reason, what so ever. I didnt even have conversation of the Deep Roads expedition with a bunch of them. The fact that they choose to follow you, doesnt make any sense. I'm a nobody who's trying to strike it rich...that's all.

I mean it's still fun enough to keep me playing, but it is def. not up to par with Origins. And one of the largest problems is the story...this game is just kind of boring, and I hate to say that. I keep waiting for a larger story arc to be created or for the central focus of this game to appear and it just doesnt. The structure is pretty bad overall. As one of my friends said, it's essentially "Side Quests: The Game".
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-11-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X