X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

DA2 sucks guys! get over it!
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

• Come home with me.

Beautiful Escape

It's a very disturbing game where you play a creepy Dexter-like character who lures people to his basement and tortures them. The aim is not kill them, but to break them physically and emotionally.

Normally I'm quite vocal about sadism in games, but this article in Gamasutra intrigued me, so I thought I'd try it. If it was just torturing innocent people it would be a pretty shallow and unsavoury game, but wrapped around all that is a compelling, well written, albeit bleak story. I won't go as far as saying it's art, but for a 2 hour indie game, it's a tad more thought provoking than Gears.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...Sociopathy.php

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010...pe-dungeoneer/

Now I'm off to play Marvel Brothel!
      Last edited by Maddieman; 03-20-2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Ilomilo and Beyond Good & Evil HD.

Comment

Xavier House of Marvel Girls is now a 3 star brothel.

Yes, I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I was up most of last night playing Marvel Brothel. There's something brilliantly absurd about Professor X earnestly wheeling around trying to match X-girls with clients - and that's my excuse - the game is so bonkers, it's worth playing through just to find out where the story is going.
          Last edited by Maddieman; 03-20-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Re: Come home with me.

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
            Beautiful Escape

It's a very disturbing game where you play a creepy Dexter-like character who lures people to his basement and tortures them. The aim is not kill them, but to break them physically and emotionally.

Normally I'm quite vocal about sadism in games, but this article in Gamasutra intrigued me, so I thought I'd try it. If it was just torturing innocent people it would be a pretty shallow and unsavoury game, but wrapped around all that is a compelling, well written, albeit bleak story. I won't go as far as saying it's art, but for a 2 hour indie game, it's a tad more thought provoking than Gears.
            It reminds me of Trapt(a PS2 Horror RPG).
            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

MineCraft. Playing on a public Survival Multiplayer server. It's very, very enjoyable.
              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Despite having a platinum for both games: I finished a fresh run of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on Hard yesterday and I immediately started a Normal run of Among Thieves afterwards.
                "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

Zynga Facebook poker
                  Quote - "Either I get to Burger Shot, or someone is getting shot!" Disgruntled LC Resident.

Comment

the last game i played was Alan Wake

Comment

I just started up another ME2 playthrough. Gonna stay loyal to Ashley this time around. My first two playthroughs, I went with Miranda for one and Jack for the other.

Comment

Homefront was my last game played.
                        I rarely reply to topics.

Comment

I've finally bought a copy of the European version of Wipeout Pure for my PSP. With that came a shitload of trouble as I tried to download the free DLC packs for this version of the game. I couldn't access them from the official website so I had to dig around the net for a couple of hours before I could locate them.
                          Years ago, I had imported the US version of Wipeout Pure at launch. And the US packs are very common. But not the EU or NTSC-J ones... By the way, if someone is also looking for the EU packs just drop me a pm.
                          Either way, I still love this game a lot!
                          "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                          (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

After reading Roadside Picnic by Strugatsky brothers I was itching to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R, so I started Call of Pripyat again. I had forgotten just how impressive the light graphics were in it. So when the night comes, it's raining, the last bits of light reflect from the wet surfaces and you can see clouds in the sky and a campfire in the distance, you feel the game, you are in the game. Soaking wet and tired, you long for a
                            cosy campfire...
                            We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

LOTRO - Spring festival starts today!

If you want me, I'll be lost in the hedge maze.

Comment

Crysis 2 (ps3). Loving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X