Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by WakeLestat360 View Post
    Well, Dead Space... again. It's like, something that i have to make every 6 months, and that game never gets old. Keeps scaring me.

Er, i'm playing Battlefield 2142 too, it's like other type of game that never gets old.

I'm waiting my third copy of Dead Rising, and looks like i'll wait a lot more. And also, Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2.
    You get to play Dead Space 2 yet? Simply amazing.

Comment

I've been pretty busy...so I havent been playing too many video games. But I think I'm going to start a new Alan Wake playthrough sometime today. Havent played since it launched. I just installed the Signal and bought the Writer, though...So I'm good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
        I'm playing Shift 2 for unknown reasons. Unsure if I like it or not. I dislike the annoying commentary... but it seems to play out OK so far. Currently just sticking with the S2000 and upgrading it for each class above D.
        What did you think of the music? I met the guy who arranged all of it - he's an Aussie - Mick Gordon.

I'm currently playing through Painkiller, Splinter Cell 3 and avoiding the temptation to splurge and buy Portal 2.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
          What did you think of the music? I met the guy who arranged all of it - he's an Aussie - Mick Gordon.

I'm currently playing through Painkiller, Splinter Cell 3 and avoiding the temptation to splurge and buy Portal 2.
          I will do so, but of course from outside of Greece. I wanna play it in PC, like its predecessor.
          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Started playing Alan Wake again...the motion blur...bleh. So unnecessary. Way too much blur in this game. I still really like the game, but still. It's overly done.

Comment

Hehe!

My third copy of this glorious game, Dead Rising is here with me!

Let me finish Gears 2 and so i will start to play...
              "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

Portal 2.

EPIC game. 9/10 easily. Seriously cannot believe Valve pulled it off.

My one annoyance is the 1 second loading times between elevator rides... SERIOUSLY. That is my ONLY gripe. Everything else is amazing. If you liked Portal 1 you will definitely enjoy Portal 2.
                Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post

Music is good. Probably one of the highlights. Definitely sets the tone more down the Gran Turismo alley that "Need for Speed", which in my opinion is a definite plus.

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                    Music is good. Probably one of the highlights. Definitely sets the tone more down the Gran Turismo alley that "Need for Speed", which in my opinion is a definite plus.
                    Interestingly enough, he's also working on the music for Doom 4
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Alan Wake. All the qualms I had with it when I first played it, still remain. But I'm still having fun with it.

The game could be gorgeous...I love the environments, but it's just not the prettiest on my tv. The game suffers from plenty of problems on my 1080P tv. I even knocked it down to 720, but these same graphical issues remain. It's a shame, because it's distracting. Add in the motion blur, which I hate. For me personally, on my tv, some things just dont hold up too well.

I can see Wake's skeletal grid through his head, there is a lot of screen tearing and I havent even gotten to chapter 4 yet (the funnest chapter/most problematic with tearing), there are grainy/pixelated shadows in the day sequences, and too many of the textures look blurry or very low res.

I dont want to knock it too much. Because it's still beautiful, albeit flawed...it just suffers on a lot of HD tvs.

As far as gameplay...I love the feel of it. I just wish it was more varied and these point a to point b missions didnt feel so drawn out. They feel like a chore sometimes. I def. think the chapters are just too long. I absolutely love the slower parts of this game, however.

Alice's voice work is still pretty terrible...that hasnt changed. lol. And she disappears far too early in the game. But yeah, I'm still having fun with it. Trying to get all the collectibles (sigh) and maybe try my hand at some of the other challenges. I also downloaded all the DLC.

As soon as I finish Alan Wake...if there is time, I may throw in Heavy Rain again. If not, it will be time for some L.A. Noire.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 04-20-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Have now finished both the SP and the co-op campaigns for Portal 2.

Amazing game. Absolutely everything was polished. Practically flawless experience.

Comment

Portal 2. I think I'm nearly finished with the sp...I won't be able to play again until monday though. After portal 2 I probably won't play anything else until L.A. Noire comes out...which will easily hold me over until Duke and Infamous 2 come in june.

Comment

The World Ends With You

Good game...
                            "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

Portal 2, after caving in to my own demands.

I ran through Portal 1 the other day to excite myself and recall the storyline, so it was somehow disappointing to see Portal 2 put you through the usual introductory moves and portal strategies in an almost direct tutorial repeat of the first game. I think there are better ways to re-cap on a series, such as what they did with the HL2 episodes where the tutorial is embedded in to the storyline and does not appear so isolated.
                              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Red Dead Redemption

....Wow... And that ending, man. Playing Undead Nightmare feels disrespectful now.
                                "Do you know what your sin is?"
                                "Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."

Comment

Working...
                                X