What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Just played Yakuza 4. Good combat, but overall..not a very good game.
    Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
      really? i heard good things about it?
      You'd find that Lady Luck was really a hooker, and you were fresh out of cash. - Max Payne

Comment

Originally posted by Payne as i Wake View Post
        really? i heard good things about it?
        Well..the story is pretty absurd, and not in a good way. While I like the environments, after a while it gets pretty repetitive.
        Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

OH man i'm so bummed. The minecraft server I play on went over it's 200GB limit for the month so it's down till the 11th. Donated some money to the host so that we can hopefully get a better server deal. We just added a map feature (zoomable online map of the entire explored world) and we think that's why it hit the limit as our usual usage is more like 120GB.
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
            We just added a map feature (zoomable online map of the entire explored world) and we think that's why it hit the limit as our usual usage is more like 120GB.
            Yeah, we've had a live map for quite some time on my server. It was recently taken down due to massive lag issues on the server (everything kind of just went sour after the 1.4 update - too many bugs in the Java codes (which Notch is currently cleaning up I believe)) - the server lag issues seems to have been fixed now (and most of the bukkit plugins), so we're probably brining the live map back up soon.
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

ive been hammering the Gears 3 beta for the last 4 days. loving it

Comment

Almost finished with Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Painkiller. Then I think I'll go back and try to finish Dead Rising.
                Remedy's currently known projects:
                Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

been playing Fable: TLC and loving it for the most part. can actually see the exact changes that were made between it and II now.
                  I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

Comment

Max Payne 2 and Dead Rising 2.

Comment

Doing some optional quests in Chrono Trigger before trying to finish it completely. It's like I'm watching some anime series as fillers.
                      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if I want to re-play Heavy Rain again (I wonder who the killer is? hmmmm) or play Fable 3 for the first time ever. I have two weeks until L.A. Noire comes out. But work and other events kind of kill my time...so Heavy Rain would be much easier to finish. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          I'm trying to figure out if I want to re-play Heavy Rain again (I wonder who the killer is? hmmmm) or play Fable 3 for the first time ever. I have two weeks until L.A. Noire comes out. But work and other events kind of kill my time...so Heavy Rain would be much easier to finish. Decisions, decisions.
                          Play it again to find out who's the killer. I had the bad ending and it revealed the killer himself.
                          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                            Play it again to find out who's the killer. I had the bad ending and it revealed the killer himself.
                            lol. Sorry for my misdirection, there. An attempt at humor, I guess. lol. No I know who the killer is, I had one of the good endings. Although, there was some problems with the webbing of the story. Like when one of my characters recognizes the killer's name, and knows who they are, despite the fact that I never had a scene with these two ever meeting. And one of my characters receiving a phone call from another person they never met. That would be fine, if they didnt completely acknowledge eachother on the phone and speak as though they've met several times in the past. haha.

I loved the game, but you could run into some problems here and there in the storyline. I still think the game is brilliant, however. Well, except for the horrible voice acting. Only a select few even sounded American. The accents were pretty crazy in that game. And it really hurt some scenes. If one of your main aims is to get the player to feel emotion, you gotta nail that voice acting and they really didnt. Hopefully, Quantic Dream learned from this, and they'll bring in actual American voice actors for their next game.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-03-2011, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
                              I really wanted to get into this franchise...since it's essentially a spirtual succesor to Shenmue. A darker version of sorts, but the general gameplay is taken directly from Shenmue.

But yeah, I played the first and really enjoyed. But I did have some major gripes with the constant being stopped on the streets to fight. It was really annoying. You couldnt walk a few steps without being initiated in a fight. Kind of like pokemon but all in 3d, and such. That part sucked. But other than that annoyance, it was fun experience.

I really wanted to get the sequels, but my PS2 died on me, so I never got a chance to play Yakuza 2. I would hate to pick up the next games without playing the 2nd. And man, it just seems weird that they got rid of the english voice overs. That may take some time to get used to, but I still want to play them. It's the closest I will get to playing a new Shenmue game. haha. :'(

Dont get me wrong, I love revisting Shenmue on my Dreamcast and Shenmue II on the Xbox every so often, but I would do terrible things for Shenmue III. lol.

Comment

Just played Gears of War 2. It's such an extreme change of pace to go from playing Reach online to GoW 2 online. The style of play is so different, and I haven't played either game in months.
                                I rarely reply to topics.

Comment

Working...
                                X