Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by hellsing View Post
    beyond good and evil HD, zelda meets pokemon snap, totally rad.
    looks like a winner to me

I still have to play Portal 2 can't wait!
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

It's on sale at Gamestop for $40 new already.

Comment

Playing Just Cause 2. Haven't fully gotten to the fun parts I hear about.

+Fun gameplay.
        +Grappling hook is awesome.
        +AI is funny.
        +Skydiving=genius.
        +The weapons are well used.

-Black marketing system is terrible.
        -Sometimes, thing become way too erratic in the combat.

? Why is there a story? It's terrible. There was no need for it. Red Faction: Guerilla had this problem. If the main focus of your game is fun open world gameplay, then DON'T ADD A STORY. It's pointless.
        Last edited by Taken634; 05-16-2011, 03:25 AM.
        Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Just finished Tales of Monkey Island. Great writing & story, though repetitive and seriously difficult gameplay. Hardest game I've played in a long time (though then again, I rarely play point'n'clickers).

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyGreyWolf View Post
            Just finished Tales of Monkey Island. Great writing & story, though repetitive and seriously difficult gameplay. Hardest game I've played in a long time (though then again, I rarely play point'n'clickers).
            I see. You should try "Goblins" and "Indiana Jones" adventure games too.
            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Look at this...youtube people are smart
              I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                I see. You should try "Goblins" and "Indiana Jones" adventure games too.
                How are they even remotely connected to Monkey Island?

By the way, what Indiana Jones game are you talking about? I've never played a Indiana Jones game, because there are so few of them. The only one I know is the one on Wii, and it's pretty mediocre.

Comment

He means this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana...te_of_Atlantis

I've never played it (I want to), but it's considered a classic of the point and click genre, as are the original Monkey Island games which you can get on Steam.

Comment

I AM PLAYING THE WITCHER 2 AND IT IS F(&*@$&*#_(!# AWEEESSSOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE.

RPG + GOOD COMBAT + OMG I CAN IMPORT MY SWORDS = win.

Though it is trying it's best to kill my pc but am still able to achieve high with no AA at 1920x1080 and hit 30 fps. (There's a lot more options before I would max the game out though).

Q9450
                    260gtx
                    4gb ram
                    vista 64-bit

I think I might be getting one of those 560Ti's sometime soon....

Please ignore any articles that say the combat is broken. It is soooo amazingly awesome. For once I have to actually play Max-Payne esque combat in an RPG and outsmart my opponents. Only at the beginning though so I'm sure once I level up a bit I'll bring some massive pain on them!
                    Last edited by yogibbear; 05-17-2011, 06:40 PM.
                    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

you can also buy fate of atlantis on steam. I so badly want it..!

My Guild Wars project is almost completed. I still need to farm 50k Norn reputation and buy two weapons, so... One word, Farming, yuck... Like I even have the slightest interest in doing those things before Guild Wars 2 comes out...
                      We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Nah I bougth TW2 off GOG.com even though I'm a steam addict. Would prefer that my money goes directly to CD Projeckt.
                        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                          Nah I bougth TW2 off GOG.com even though I'm a steam addict. Would prefer that my money goes directly to CD Projeckt.
                          I'll buy TW2 Collector's Editoin later on in June, because I need my moneys for my journey to Athens, due of Taikai, an European Kendo Tournament.
                          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I'm playing L.A. Noire now.

+Facial animation is amazing. This is one of the most involving new technologies I have seen used in a videogame.
                            +Beautiful environments.
                            +Story, voice acting, and dialogue is all great so far.
                            +Plenty of surprises with the interrogations.
                            +The flow of the combat and chasing is very good. It CAN get a bit boring, but it adds to immersion.
                            +Soundtrack is CAPTIVATING.

-The missions need more consequential actions. When I learned some conversations are predetermined, I was pissed. If I remember right, Heavy Rain hyped itself up so much for having "hard choices with crushing consequences." Bullcrap. The same thing is happening with L.A. Noire here.
                            -Gunplay is repetitive and seems tacked on sometimes.
                            -The crime scene investigations can be a bit boring. Walk around..wait for vibration..found object..looked at object..zoomed in on important part..it gets boring. It should be more complex and hard.
                            Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
                              I'm playing L.A. Noire now.

-The crime scene investigations can be a bit boring. Walk around..wait for vibration..found object..looked at object..zoomed in on important part..it gets boring. It should be more complex and hard.
                              Turn off hints?

Comment

Originally posted by Killie Lad View Post
                                Turn off hints?
                                Holy crap you can do that? I didn't know. Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                                X