What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Picked up Knights of the Old Republic off the Mac app store.. giving that a play through now. Got so many games I want to play but getting really hooked into KOTR now. I played it when it first came out but never ended up finishing it, luckily I've forgotten everything since then so it's like a fresh experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
      Holy crap you can do that? I didn't know. Thanks man!
      No problem i dont have the game but i was worried hints would take away from the experience of finding out things for yourself and i read you could

Comment

Originally posted by Killie Lad View Post
        No problem i dont have the game but i was worried hints would take away from the experience of finding out things for yourself and i read you could
        Woah, now I have to do this too! This game is fantastic so far and I'm pretty deep into it.
        <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

God help me, I didn't solve a case in L.A. Noire. This is going to haunt me forever...
          Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

It's my first RDR play-through. I haven't experienced L.A. yet but RDR is so far the best thing from R*. Far more better than GTA. I'm really inclined to unlock the outfits. Some of them seem so tempting.
            Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

I practically play gears of war every night but since the beta ended Im not satisfied with gears2 and so Im really into campain games again.

Ive been playing Alanwake on ngihtmare mode finally
              and portal 2 hopefully get LA noire soon!

Comment

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
                It's my first RDR play-through. I haven't experienced L.A. yet but RDR is so far the best thing from R*. Far more better than GTA. I'm really inclined to unlock the outfits. Some of them seem so tempting.
                Well, RDR is a bit overrated. While I loved the character of John Marston, the story suffered from obliviously stupid satire, uninteresting characters in the Mexico act, and a lack of consistent tone. The missions were at first memorable, atmospheric, and seemed to explore new gameplay fields. But by the time Mexico hit, they had de-evolved into chest-high wall gunfights, infinite soldiers, and mindless blood.

Rockstar (if you ask me), has a recurring knack in their games. The first and last acts of their stories are great, but the journey from one to the other is terrible.

Sorry if I'm ranting.
                Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Yeah it's definitely rocketeer best game....even though I liked niko red dead redemption brings it to a whole new level! By the way post me when you've finished cos I can give u a little tip
                  Last edited by alan brooks; 05-24-2011, 11:25 PM.

Comment

L.A. Noire - Started a 2nd play through and been going through free roam to find all the hidden cars, film reels, finish street crimes etc.

Duke Nukem 3D

Comment

Just started Arson on L.A. Noire, myself.

As soon as I finish, I plan to give the Crysis 2 campaign a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
                        Well, RDR is a bit overrated. While I loved the character of John Marston, the story suffered from obliviously stupid satire, uninteresting characters in the Mexico act, and a lack of consistent tone. The missions were at first memorable, atmospheric, and seemed to explore new gameplay fields. But by the time Mexico hit, they had de-evolved into chest-high wall gunfights, infinite soldiers, and mindless blood.
                        I have exactly the same feeling as you said. The parts which play in Mexico are somehow boring and they're not as original as the first part of the game. But still, RDR is my best experience of R* games. And it's the most interesting among Wild-West games.
                        Originally posted by alan brooks View Post
                        Yeah it's definitely rocketeer best game....even though I liked niko red dead redemption brings it to a whole new level! By the way post me when you've finished cos I can give u a little tip
                        I think it'll cost me one more week to finish it. I'll inform you then.
                        Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

I guess part of the problem is that many of the sub-plots in Rockstar's games are exactly the same - regardless of the setting. How many bad guys have we overthrown by winning their trust, rising in ranks, before finally stabbing them in the back?

Comment

I have exactly the same feeling as you said. The parts which play in Mexico are somehow boring and they're not as original as the first part of the game. But still, RDR is my best experience of R* games. And it's the most interesting among Wild-West games.

I think it'll cost me one more week to finish it. I'll inform you then.
                            Gotta agree with you on RDR being one of the most interesting amongst Wild West games. The only thing I wish their had been was more of a consequential game world. Hunting, money, and obeying the law would have been a lot more challenging then.

Comment

Just finished Lost Odyssey. Of all the optional bosses, I didn't clear out Professor K, because I was in the rush to finish the game.

Professor K needs a lot of crazy luck to be defeated. Fortunately, I do have the name "Tannoish Luck", because of my super luck. What I do need is a strategy to defeat him with my mind. I'll do it later on, because I have other RPG games to play.
                              The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

And Minecraft still plagues my gaming time. I've been playing a little bit of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 lately as well (PSN being up and running again and all), but Minecraft is still the most heavy time consumer in my life. You can read about my journey here.
                                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Working...
                                X