What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Completed Metal Gear Solid 2&3 few days ago. The second solid was other wise good, but I disliked how many cutscenes it had and the duration of them. In the end section of the game, I was able to play for few minutes out of 60 minutes. I also literally watched more than played that game. Good though, that the third Solid had way less cutscenes, but other wise I didn't like it. The camera was more annoying in it (I don't have the Substance version, which probably has way better camera), even so annoying, that it just ruined the game for me. The story wasn't also interesting at all.
    I should put something great to this signature, right? Well...Cake is great, isin't it? Everyone knows cakes are delicious!

Comment

The 3rd has probably the best story of all of the metal gear games, maybe barring MGS1 and MG2. The camera's fine in the regular game, but it's the subsistance is definitely preferable. Except it wasn't designed with that in mind, so some of the tricks they used to keep the framerate solid don't work occasionally.
      NEVER FORGET
      Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
      5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
        The 3rd has probably the best story of all of the metal gear games, maybe barring MGS1 and MG2. The camera's fine in the regular game, but it's the subsistance is definitely preferable. Except it wasn't designed with that in mind, so some of the tricks they used to keep the framerate solid don't work occasionally.
        The camera is fine when you're inside buildings, but when you're in the jungle, you're constantly have to look in first person, because the camera is too close. The camera worked much better in MGS2, because there weren't too large areas where you could run into front of an enemy without noticing it. In MGS3, you need to spam first person view button many times or use Solar or Motion Detector, but those also show animal's signals, forcing you to still use first person view.

I liked, that the story of MGS3 didn't have so many turning points as in MGS2 where it had ridicolous amount of it. Unfortunely, there wasn't enough things, which would have made the story interesting. Other wise the story was fine.
        I should put something great to this signature, right? Well...Cake is great, isin't it? Everyone knows cakes are delicious!

Comment

L.A. Noire. Just Replayed the Case... ah.... I Forgot the Name of It But Anyway, It's a Really Cool Game.

Comment

Batman Arkham Asylum. About 40% completed. The game has annoying feature of lagging from time to time, which isn't actually just this game, but all the newer games I've played. I guess it's because the Graphics driver has a normal and a boosted state that offers some upper hand to otherwise too heavy graphics. It's just that Batman seems to go into a state where fps drop makes the game unplayable from time to time.

This wasn't the case the last time I started playing(I quit on the first run). I guess I have to do some clean up and close every possible programs before playing anything in the future.

The game is good though, no doubt about that.
            We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Just got Hunted: Demon's Forge and Duke Nukem Forever for the PS3. Gonna have me some fun for a while now.
              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Good luck with that. Duke Nukem seems really mediocre and I've heard the same about Hunted.
                NEVER FORGET
                Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Hunted is mediocre. Crap game, really...

But Duke is a cool game... well, not like the old ones, but still a "okay game".

I've finished Assassin's Creed 1 (5 times now)
                  "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
                    Good luck with that. Duke Nukem seems really mediocre and I've heard the same about Hunted.
                    I don't really care what reviews say about games anymore. Taste and opinions are so divided anyways, and it's all down to what you yourself are looking for in games. Duke Nukem so far seems fine to me. Can't really say much about Hunted yet though.
                    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Mortal Kombat
                      Uncharted
                      About to start playing Metro 2033. Playing through both uncharted's again before 3 drops. Also gonna play oblivion again before skyrim comes out...gonna get the 5th anniversary edition on the 12th. Haven' t played that game in like 4 years.

Comment

I'm playing both Risen and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. Both are PC RPG games.

Recettear is an Arcade RPG. The story takes place in a small village, where Recette is now orphaned. A fairy named Tear, who's the loan-shark herself, met up with Recette, a young girl, who lost her father on his adventure some days ago. Tear explained her that her father has a lot of loans to Terme Finance and got lost. Now Recette with Tear's suggestion opened an Item Shop with various stuff to repay her father's debt.

It's a double game, which means that that little girl has both to go adventuring with some adventurers, and to take custody of her shop to repay her dad's debt.

(To tell you the truth, this game reminds me very much of the anime series "Hayate No Gotoku" )

Let me tell you that, if you guys liked Disgaea, I'm sure you're gonna like this one! It's a comedy rather than a drama ones. I lol'ed so much with Recette's and Tear's conversations. Play it and you'll figure it out.

The battle system reminds me very much of "Legend of Sayuki"(PS2 Arcade RPG).
                        Last edited by TannosukeGR; 07-02-2011, 05:26 AM.
                        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

About to finish Bioshock. I think I'll put the second part away - a bit tired of FPS games after 4 of 5 in a row Will play Hot Pursuit next.
                          If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Yup, was playing Hot Pursuit yesterday. Really addictive thing - stopped playing at 1 AM. The only thing I didn't like is those races where you need to get from point A to point B on time. I always race until I have all possible gold medal and it's really tricky in this game - thanks to unpredicted traffic
                            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Finished Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands!

I can confirm that this game is much smaller than its predecessors. But it also has the Challenge Arena, which is worth the shot.

The battle system is very simple, as if they returned it to its first newborn roots. The new stuff is the ability to freeze the water, such ability hasn't been in trilogy.
                              The enemies are King Solomon's Army, which reminded me of Mummy 2.

It has better graphic details than PoP 2 and worse than PoP 3. The only disadvantages here are only 2:

1) They made me go upgrading my RAM from 2GB to 4GB! >_>
                              2) The loading glitch, which I mean that when you get to finish an area, there's an empty space just before your eyes! In fact, in this empty space, there suppossed to be an area, which hasn't been loaded properly! Fortunately, I solved it by going to Options Menu and later returning in-game to let it load the respective area. I think it has to do with the internet connection to load the area from Ubisoft's database.

Regarding its story, it has no connection with the trilogy. The Trilogy has only the whole story of the war between the Sand Army and the humankind. This game takes place in the past of King Solomon and in the Djinn's World. So have it as an offset story. Which means that they said crap about saying that it takes place before PoP 2. Here's the on-going question... What REALLY happened between 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd parts of the trilogy???

Generally I'd rate it 7,5/10.
                              The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Playing Fable 3. I'm enjoying it. There are certainly some odd gameplay changes, however. The 2nd game actually does a lot of things better, imo. I prefer the previous way jobs were set up, I feel no need to upgrade weapons, and you lose a lot of you character customization freedoms. But I'm liking Fable 3, and I like the addition of the interactive "living" world maps. It's a fun game.

Comment

Working...
                                X