What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

No, haven't tried it. I'm still tied up with Minecraft, so probably won't try any of the Minecraft-lookalike games.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

mass effect 2 again (insanity) ending as awesome as the first time will play lotsb soon and then start at mass effect 1 and make all decisions without achievements getting in the way.

i somehow saved everybody despite losing jacks loyalty i might side with her next playthrough because miranda was a bit of a bitch to her, then again miranda is hawt
      Last edited by Killie Lad; 08-13-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Oh, ALSO speaking of Mass Effect 2, just finished it! Like Assassins Creed, this is one of the only triple-A titles that can truly say it's earned it's place. Without a doubt, one of the best series ever invented in gaming is Mass Effect.

As for the suicide mission;
        I lost Jacob (don't care though. He's one of the characters with the least depth and his loyalty mission is surprisingly terrible.)

Thane was devoured by seeker swarms. He was one of my favorites! I would have traded Miranda for him in a heartbeat.

Grunt died leading the charge, a noble death. "It was a good fight Shepard." Epic last words.

My Shepard lived. Can't wait for the next one!
        Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

I agree that Prototype is enjoyable...but it was pretty damn unpolished and the city itself was just ugly looking. The gameplay could just be straight up messy...there were some truly difficult parts, because of bad design. And the story is terrible...I want to love it because, Barry Pepper voiced Alex Mercer. But the story sucks and Alex Mercer is a terrible lead man. And I love how a certain character in the game just disappears without a word never to be heard from again. So wierd. It was messy...but I agree enjoyable still. Hopefully the sequel will fix a lot of the first games faults. It still doesnt look like the prettiest game graphically...but that's okay, so long as the gameplay is sured up.

inFAMOUS was actually a far superior product. And I was firmly in the Prototype camp prior to their releases. Everything is just smoother and the graphics are much, much better. The story is also told in a much better fashion.

They're both good games, for sure, thouh. inFAMOUS just so happens to do it better.

Comment

As for my last played game. I just beat Nier for a second time. After you beat it a first time, the game picks up from a certain point about 4-5 hours from the end of the game. The developers add new cut scenes and other fun stuff into your second playthrough, however. So it really puts a new spin on the game, once you actually know and fully understand the story.

Nier is a great game. Truly underrated. If you havent played it, give it a shot. Or at least do some research on it and check out some youtube videos. It's much better than the average reviewed scores. One of the better RPGs I've ever played. I left very impressed, it's a real gem.

Comment

Prototype's stories did have a lot of problems Moth. I found the Web of Intrigue to be..well..intriguing but the rest of it just didn't grab me. And yeah, there are some bad design choices I've noticed.

Still, it's just a fun game to me. Infamous's story just didn't grab me, Cole was just two dimensional. At least Alex was interesting enough to keep you seated.

I classify Infamous and Prototype as "stupid" games. What I mean by "stupid" is that there is no point for a story, depth, or complexity. JUST HAVE FUN. In this aspect, I found Prototype to be superior.
              Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Still playing Stacking. It becomes boring after all, but I almost finished it anyway.
                If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

8 days until Deus Ex. YAY.

I'm bored as hell...I may try to beat Enslaved or something in that time span. Something kind of short.

Comment

I just started playing Enslaved, borrowed it from a friend. So far, I'm finding the climbing and fighting deeply flawed, along with the whole "can't move too far or else Trip will go ape-s**t" thing. And I fail to see how the story is taking off of Journey to the West.

On the other hand, the story is very-well written, with the dialogue between Monkey and Trip being the best part. The ending fits in well with the themes set up by the game. Also, the voice acting is great, especially from Andy Serkis and Lindsey Shaw.

Lastly, the environments are very refreshing (think Rapture from Bioshock.) The landscapes being verdant, green, overrun ruins were a breath of fresh air from the usual brown, war-torn apocalyptic landscapes.

Overall..7/10.
                    Last edited by Taken634; 08-16-2011, 02:31 AM.

Comment

I've been playing Mass Effect 2. I like it as much or more like the first one.
                      The game gets little repetitive in the middle, a few tide disturbances here and there. I haven't finished this one yet.

The dialogue is little bit better than in the first one, still it's obviously not going to be so great when you have to choose from the wheel thingy. That said, it usually flows quite good with Shepard, other times it's klunky or dumb.

Action is fun, semi-strategic.

Resource gathering is dull, but it ain't any worse that driving around empty planets with the moon rover (ME1).

Closing in on the big ending, shits going down Biiatch!
                      I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman View Post
                        I've been playing Mass Effect 2. I like it as much or more like the first one.
                        The game gets little repetitive in the middle, a few tide disturbances here and there. I haven't finished this one yet.

The dialogue is little bit better than in the first one, still it's obviously not going to be so great when you have to choose from the wheel thingy. That said, it usually flows quite good with Shepard, other times it's klunky or dumb.

Action is fun, semi-strategic.

Resource gathering is dull, but it ain't any worse that driving around empty planets with the moon rover (ME1).

Closing in on the big ending, shits going down Biiatch!
                        good summary is good

Comment

Gonna try trudging through the biggest letdown of all time, Duke Nukem Forever. Never got to finish it so I wonder if it will maybe pick itself up.

P.S. Did anybody find the level with the alien-impregnated twins remotely funny? I found it freaking horrifying and offensive.

Comment

About to start mass effect 2 - ps3

Comment

Just finished Farcry 2. Amazing story, open world, realism, and themes. It's one of the few shooters I've seen that are actually a true and realistic commentary on the way things are in Africa and African like states. Love the ending also (why don't people like it.)

Probably won't play much in a while. Oh well!

Comment

I could never get into Farcry, personally.

As for what I'm about to play...I'm going to pick up Deus Ex: Human Revolution in about an hour. The reviews have been fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X