Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
    Just finished Farcry 2. Amazing story, open world, realism, and themes. It's one of the few shooters I've seen that are actually a true and realistic commentary on the way things are in Africa and African like states. Love the ending also (why don't people like it.)

Probably won't play much in a while. Oh well!
    Drive..do this..listentopeoplespeaklikethis, rinse and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Killie Lad View Post
      Drive..do this..listentopeoplespeaklikethis, rinse and repeat
      Haha, yeah, in some ways that is kinda true, the people dokindatalkreallyfreakingfast but the dialogue is worth it (especially from the Jackal.) In some ways, the game is sort of an acquired taste. I like driving through beautiful, immersive environments and then using said environments to a tactical advantage. The combat was worth driving around, there were so many ways to approach the battlefield and the buddy system was just awesome. Also, using the wind to spread fire is great.

I can't really sum it up that well though; here's a really awesome article on the game (I wrote the most recent comment.) http://4xscope.wordpress.com/2010/04...will-to-power/

Although, it's understandable why some people didn't like this game. The save points were unfair at times, getting around certain places in the world was kind of annoying, and the story went too slow in some areas.
      Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Braid.

*GASP* I am having such a gasm with this game. It's so, so.. fine. Beautiful, artful, with a little bit of mario, but not too much.

I mean, just wow...

*sigh*
        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Braid is awesome.
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Still playing Minecraft. Like the rest of the Minecraftian Community though, I'm waiting and anticipating what the 1.8 update brings.
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

*clears throat*, so when do you think Minecraft will actually be released?

The fact that the game is beta isn't bothering me though. It's just strange to know that the game isn't actually finished yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                *clears throat*, so when do you think Minecraft will actually be released?
                Notch has already set a release date - The 11th of November.

The fact that the game is beta isn't bothering me though. It's just strange to know that the game isn't actually finished yet.
                Well, to be fair, he's just calling it a beta. You aren't really supposed to do major updates like him when you're beta. It's honestly still alpha. And when it's "released", that would be normal beta period - stop adding content and just bug fix everything. Like he will probably do.

But, Notch is reinventing how game development works, so might as well roll with it.
                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

It will be, "top notch", literally.

Comment

It will be, "top notch", literally.

Mikki, I agree with you. Braid is a spectacular achievement for the indie genre.

Playing Bastion right now. Reminds me of Braid and Cave Story mixed together. It's amazing, and everybody here should play it.

Is it just me, or do indie games seem to be the ones doing the most innovation in the industry lately?
                    Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Mafia II on PC. 360 version was awesome and this is even better.

Comment

Finished churning up about 30 hours in Eufloria - damn addictive little game.

Now going to waste more time in Gratuitous Space Battles.
                        Remedy's currently known projects:
                        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Started about a week ago with Resonance of Fate. After this, I'll try out Xenoblade(or Mana Khemia 2, if it comes early from USA).
                          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

i am going through a few games at the moment..

a bit of Alice, madness returns
                            some kinect sports
                            some Test Drive Unlimited 2

few other games on and off too but mainly biding out time until Gears comes out..

and might buy Dead island or Rise of nightmares on the 6th September too but waiting on a few reviews too

Comment

Geometery(sp?) wars has kept me addicted for the last 2 days.Now, deus ex which will be my last until gears 3 and from then until christmas my wallet will be opened more times than katie prices legs

Comment

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

It rocks. So far am loving it and getting massive nostalgia. Runs flawlessly on my PC.
                                Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Working...
                                X