What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

im interested to know the story of the new Deus Ex... many many moons ago we all used to play on Deus ex on our 56k modems.... those were good times.

in our clan {DCSB} what a game that used to be, throwing knives ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by dalegt4 View Post
      im interested to know the story of the new Deus Ex... many many moons ago we all used to play on Deus ex on our 56k modems.... those were good times.

in our clan {DCSB} what a game that used to be, throwing knives ftw!
      From wiki

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex first-person role-playing video game series, and a prequel to the original game.[11] Announced on May 27, 2007, Human Revolution was developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix. It was released in August 2011.

Human Revolution contains elements of first-person shooters and role-playing games, set in a near-future where corporations have extended their influence past the reach of global governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the security chief for one of the game's most powerful corporations, Sarif Industries. After a devastating attack on Sarif's headquarters, Adam is forced to undergo radical surgeries that fuse his body with mechanical augmentations, and he is embroiled in the search for those responsible for the attack.

Human Revolution received critical acclaim upon its release, with many reviewers praising the open-ended nature of the game and the weight of conversations on the outcome of events. Criticisms were leveled at shortcomings such as ammo quantities, long loading times, and the inclusion of boss fights.

Comment

Human Revolution is fantastic...

If we are talking shortcomings however...I'd go more with...

1. NPC design and quality: It's pretty damn poor ; lip-synch is awful

2. Voice Acting: It's not of great quality ; Can be hit or miss, but pretty shoddy overall

3. No storage chests: If you dont have much inventory space, you'll find yourself just throwing weapons on the floor in some room. They stick, but it's just odd. Very surprised that they dont have any real storage areas. Upgrading your inventory space, greatly remedies this situation.

4. Low resolution, pre-rendered cut scenes...I actually like cinematic cut scenes, but these are of really poor quality. They look fuzzy and washed out...certainly have a pre-recorded look.

5. Loading Screens...Wow. They're extremely long. Installing the game helps on consoles, but they're absolutely awful. I heard the PC has resolved this problem.

Aside from that, it's great fun. I love the story and the pacing. While the graphics arent anything special, the design is fantastic. The gun play is pretty basic or generic as well, imo...but with the augs, it's deep and fun to tryout different things. Everything works as it should. It doesnt get stale. The game certainly has some issues...a lot of that being graphic related...but it still doesnt really hurt the overall picture, imo...I'm really loving this game.

Comment

17 hours into mass effect 2 and I still have alot of missions left to do. Can't wait for mass effect 3!

Comment

Originally posted by JTX View Post
            17 hours into mass effect 2 and I still have alot of missions left to do. Can't wait for mass effect 3!
            Man, I haven't played Mass Effect 2 in a LONG time. I need to jump on that and get all my decisions ready for ME3.... Though, we're still a long ways away but there's no harm in starting early.
            "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
            -Tyler Durden

Comment

Picked up Metro 2033 from steam as it was only £5

I have to say the game is fantastic

Cant wait for the next game

Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I last played Shadows of the Damned.
                Only about two or three hours in.
                Not exactly a fantastic game, nothing innovative or groundbreaking about it.
                Average voice acting, way too easy.
                The atmosphere and the design are kind of cool and the soundtrack is good.
                I hope it gets better later on.
                "There's an old tale wrought with the mystery of Tom the Poet and his Muse and a magic lake, which gave a life to the words the Poet used.."

Comment

Just played the From Dust demo..it's interesting. The environments, sand, and water effects are breahtakingly incredible, and the control interface is easy to use. I love the design of the tribes, the Breath, and the world. I could definitely see this being a new type of RTS or genre of it's own, theirs a lot of original and well-done elements.

However, there is one problem. The people in the tribes and their A.I. make me want to drive a car through a classroom filled with schoolchildren. Sure, they look nice, but sometimes, their A.I. gets super annoying and buggy. It's bearable, but frustrating.
                  Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Well I'm playing Dead Space 1 on the XBOX 360 and it looks good for a 2008 game. Also it's scary at some points but I don't think it is something wonderful or epic as so many people claim.

I want to play Batman Arkham Asylum also, I'm trying to play games I haven't played before Gears of War 3 comes out.
                    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                      Well I'm playing Dead Space 1 on the XBOX 360 and it looks good for a 2008 game. Also it's scary at some points but I don't think it is something wonderful or epic as so many people claim.
                      Meh. This game is so overrated it's not even funny.

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                      I want to play Batman Arkham Asylum also, I'm trying to play games I haven't played before Gears of War 3 comes out.
                      Batman Arkham Asylum I have nothing bad to say about, other than perhaps being a little bit too short for me (I just wanted more, more, more!), but I bet that'll be fixed with Arkham City!
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Dead Space is worthy of all its praise. And Dead Space 2 is incredibly over the top, has more blockbuster action, and boasts larger beautiful set pieces. It may be even better than the original. Everything about it, is just bigger.

Give me Dead Space over recent Resident Evil titles, any day. There is no denying the great atmosphere and it doesnt have Resident Evil's dated, "tank" controls.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-08-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                          Meh. This game is so overrated it's not even funny.

Batman Arkham Asylum I have nothing bad to say about, other than perhaps being a little bit too short for me (I just wanted more, more, more!), but I bet that'll be fixed with Arkham City!
                          After beating arkham asylum a couple months ago, I can easily say that arkham city is my most anticipated game of the year.

Beat resistance 3 today...liked it much better than the previous resistance games.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Dead Space is worthy of all its praise. And Dead Space 2 is incredibly over the top, has more blockbuster action, and boasts larger beautiful set pieces. It may be even better than the original. Everything about it, is just bigger.
                            Dead Space isn't worth any praise. There is nothing good about this game. Nothing.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Give me Dead Space over recent Resident Evil titles, any day. There is no denying the great atmosphere and it doesnt have Resident Evil's dated, "tank" controls.
                            It's the same controls! Dead Space IS Resident Evil... IN SPACE!
                            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I am with Kahr on this one. Dead Space is an ok game. Just IMHO

I want batman, the sequel looks so awesome!
                              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                                Dead Space isn't worth any praise. There is nothing good about this game. Nothing.

It's the same controls! Dead Space IS Resident Evil... IN SPACE!
                                The controls are certainly similar to RE for sure. The camera angle and general look are right out of RE. But Dead Space has majorly improved upon it, because it doesnt feature the horrible tank controls that RE has. A simple thing like turning your character or turning around is an annoyance in RE. You cant even shoot while running. It's about as dated as it gets.

You're easily in the minority with the Dead Space hate, so I see it'd be pretty difficult to convince you otherwise. But the Dead Space series is a fantastic one. One of which, that features great atmosphere, fantastic mood setting sound and ambience, stylish design, innovative HUD, enthralling story (especially in 2), fun and intense action sequences, and top notch gameplay and mechanics.

I really dont know what else I could tell you...they're excellent games. And have been recognized as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X