What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

I like Dead Space games. Not because their particularly scary. I like the parody on human race.

Man dries out earth from resources. Starts cracking other planets. There is a religion with beautiful ideology, but it turn man into monsters (like we already weren't). I maybe not a big fan of the story, but I love whats underneath, the mythology.

The weapons are fun.

I liked translating alien fonts into... these sticks that we use. I'm quite fluid with it

That said, I was still a little disappointed with Dead Space 2. Probably because it didn't reveal anything new. In the mythology department.
    I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I really dont know what else I could tell you...they're excellent games. And have been recognized as such.
      Agree. Love both DS games and don't like RE at all. I guess we have similar tastes Dead Space is the series some people love and some - hate. So it would have been odd if no one wrote that the game sucks
      If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

I loved it - thought the game did a terrific job of staging certain sequences to amp up the tension e.g. the indestructible monster.
        The use of music was fantastic and perfectly executed in those moments when a monster runs past the frame.
        I haven't had such a tense experience playing through a game like that in a long time.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Batman Arkham Asylum is amazing if you ask me. I need to get it so I can finish it.

The Scarecrow levels are undeniably genius.
          Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

It is a great game...I like the level design as a whole. That said, the combat could get a little repetitive and there isnt much varaition between the Joker's roided up clown baddies...but I still absolutely loved the game.

Comment

Well, the combat only got a little bit repetitive in the middle acts, but the stealth was still amazing. It wasn't stupid Splinter-Cell stealth, it was Deus-Ex stealth.

And by the way, Mark Hamill as the Joker= One of the best voice-acting performances of all time.
              Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Playing through arkham asylum on hard...I'm stuck on the poison ivy fight right now...can't seem to dodge those damn vines.

Think I'll be renting driver: san francisco tomorrow because of all the good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
                  Batman Arkham Asylum is amazing if you ask me. I need to get it so I can finish it.

The Scarecrow levels are undeniably genius.
                  Yeah, they are, since the creators had the platform idea from the old Batman games.
                  The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Also, the horror element was genius. That morgue level was so well-thought out.

Comment

Also, the horror element was genius. That morgue level was so well-thought out.
                      Indeed, but in my view, it's psychological thriller. This scarecrow used to be a doctor, especially a psychiatrist, but now based of his psychokinetical powers, he has the ability to create illusions to his victims, according to its own psychological problems.
                      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                        Indeed, but in my view, it's psychological thriller. This scarecrow used to be a doctor, especially a psychiatrist, but now based of his psychokinetical powers, he has the ability to create illusions to his victims, according to its own psychological problems.
                        Scarecrow has no psychokinetic powers. He uses chemicals.
                        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

i too thought Batman was an awesome game, although i too got stuck on the hardest level and havent played on it for over 2 months now, but not only does it look stunning it plays very well.

Cant wait for Arkham city, should be awesome

Comment

Been playing Oblivion for the first time. 40 hours in. It's really nerdy for my taste, but I'm def. enjoying myself. Although, I guarantee I wont remember a single location or person's name when I'm done with it. I can hardly pronounce most of this stuff. lol. It's interesting. But yeah, its been fun. No where near as good as Fallout, as far as Bethesda goes, but I really like it. I'm going to try and be done with the main quest by the time Gears 3 comes out. We'll see. I tend to be a bit of a completionist sometimes...so I'm going to try and get as many of these side quests done as I can, before I get really bored with it. I havent really touched all that much of the main quest, really. Last thing I did was save Kvatch and bring Martin to the Cloud temple, and that was about 20 odd hours ago. I just completed the Mage guild storyline. So I plan on getting through a bunch of side quests I've accumulated, like 20ish, and then I'll get back into the main story.

Oh...one part I absolutely hated, was when I became a vampire. Finding the ingredients to get rid of it, was incredibly annoying and time consuming. Bleh. Just awful.

And I'm big on finding all the locations in these games...but I just dont know if I'll have the patience to trek up and down the map, finding every spot. I've already actually done a lot of this already, but I was getting bored, just registering locations and not actually visiting them for real yet.

As fun as these massive single player RPGs are, sometimes they feel like work. haha.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-09-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                              Scarecrow has no psychokinetic powers. He uses chemicals.
                              Mikki, I'm pretty sure your right, but Batman has gone through lots of stages. Who knows what they changed about him? Heck, in one spinoff, they gave Batman super-strength.

And M.O.T.H. I could [SIZE="5"]NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE.[/SIZE] The vampire idea could have been fun, but it's so time-consuming and overly difficult that it nearly breaks whole sections of the game. I had the entire ending of that game ruined for me because I constantly had to get out of the sunlight.

Comment

Mikki, I'm pretty sure your right, but Batman has gone through lots of stages. Who knows what they changed about him? Heck, in one spinoff, they gave Batman super-strength.
                                Sure, there's all sorts of versions of this stuff out there, but the particular version we're talking about is Arkham Asylum, in which Scarecrow takes the classic approach and uses his fear gas to mess with Batman's head. (Here's a clip where Bats gets a good lungful of it in the beginning, with the usual results.)
                                Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Working...
                                X