X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

been playing dead island on pc

pretty dam good i think
    Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
      Scarecrow has no psychokinetic powers. He uses chemicals.
      It's true that Scarecrow uses chemicals, but he uses them to blind and force his victims to sleep. He also uses psychokinetic powers in his world. Didn't you hear the patience memos? In this game, they said that he used to be a doctor, but now thanks to the chemicals, he's now a monstrosity with psychic powers, much more with illusionary. What's more, he's nuts and makes his examinee docs to go nuts with his psychiatric questions.

BTW, I wish they would use Clayman as a boss. He'd serve as a psychological type boss with this many shapeshifting elements.
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
        It's true that Scarecrow uses chemicals, but he uses them to blind and force his victims to sleep. He also uses psychokinetic powers in his world. Didn't you hear the patience memos? In this game, they said that he used to be a doctor, but now thanks to the chemicals, he's now a monstrosity with psychic powers, much more with illusionary. What's more, he's nuts and makes his examinee docs to go nuts with his psychiatric questions.
        Um, no. Scarecrow has no psychic powers. He's very intelligent and knows how to manipulate people, and he's very, very good at creating and using various chemicals, but he doesn't have any superpowers, psychokinetic or otherwise. Batman doesn't actually enter "Scarecrow's world," he's just hallucinating because of the fear gas.
        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

I was waiting for mikkis reply

You two allways seem to be correcting each other lol

Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Hmm, maybe I'll leave the Scarecrow talk for now.

Playing Dead Island right now. Good melee combat, voice-acting is alright, and the environments look great. However, it's a little bit too gory and violent to make me feel comfortable with the whole experience.

Sadly, my Xbox Live went down the day I got it, so no co-op with buddies.
            Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Completed Deus Ex Human Revolution. Other wise liked the game really much, but I disliked the boss battles and how enemies are 100% accurate. Boss battles should never be in games where you can choose to play stealthy or go run and gun. I also don't see point of enemies being 100% accurate. Have fun in the highest difficulty level when you get killed in 1-3 shots, forcing run and gun players to play stealthy, so they can unlock auguments, which decrease damage only up to 50-60%. Anyway, 4 out of 5 radical monkeys from me and game of the year award for now.

Also, completed Haze. Singleplayer was really crappy. There isin't nothing I would find good about it, other than the start of the story. The ending was lame and such. Fortunely, the multiplayer of the game saves the entire game for me, it's just awesome. Even though it has a bit of unbalance and the maps were too big for 16 player count, I enjoyed it a lot. The community is kind of bad though, because they didn't check, if the Rebel players are just acting dead. Result: Way lower from Free Radical standard when it comes to singleplayer, but close to FR's really high multiplayer standard. 4 out of 5 radical monkeys, again.
              I should put something great to this signature, right? Well...Cake is great, isin't it? Everyone knows cakes are delicious!

Comment

playing Dead Island as of the last 2 nights and i have to say that so far this is my opinion of it...

the story is same old same old and it does feel as seem as though alot of the game has been taken from other games and stories etc.. no bad thing there, its got a MASSIVE amount to do in it, lots of side missions etc and the missions are actually fun.

graphics are a mixed bag, at times the backdrops and scenery and lighting can look truely stunning if you have a good tv and the otherhand the character models are pretty good, however on the flip side of the coin they can also look shocking when the texture load ins fail and take litterally and i do mean litterally 5-10 seconds to load in which is pretty damn poor.

Admittedly though this happens few and far between and for the most part the game looks superb.

The game can however suffer from severe framerate drop as we have noticed in the 4 player co-op.

RPG elements are well done and thought out, we are having a blast upgrading our characters and weapons, a beast monkey wrench rules zombie heads.

co-op mode in my eyes is one of the best most well dont co-op's to date, great fun and well done.

Sounds- these are great, and i will be honest, can be damn right scary if you play in the dark with the surround sound turned up, having a zombie screaming in the distance when you cant see where they are coming from and having them bearing down on you can be a terrifying experience which for a game is very good!

overall i would say, not a game for everyone by a long shot, alot of the game is aimed at RPG elements, upgrading etc and searching everything you find, if you dont, you will not get far in the game.

but for me a solid 8 out of 10 so far. on the xbox 360 it is

Comment

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
                  You two allways seem to be correcting each other lol
                  Feels kind of one-sided to me, actually. =)
                  Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

djshauny, we're quite quarelling over many things, but oh well. xD Nobody can agree with many people completely. You'll always see in your life many arguements and disagreements.
                    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Just preordered Red Orchestra 2...hit me up on steam (Invictus) if you wanna play...its 2 days til its out...i think
                      I'm back.

Comment

As people told me, steam couldent hold the deadline for orchestra...they added 2 hours and later 1 hour more again....

No gaming today then...luckily people rage on steam now lol...
                        You reap what you sow^^
                        I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
                          As people told me, steam couldent hold the deadline for orchestra...they added 2 hours and later 1 hour more again....

No gaming today then...luckily people rage on steam now lol...
                          You reap what you sow^^
                          Timer is set by publisher. Usually they're always wrong. There is no big red button on steam. It is a preset. It is 99% of the time set to the wrong time due to retards that work for publishers submitting things in weird time zones that nobody understands such as PST etc.
                          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                            Feels kind of one-sided to me, actually. =)
                            you're being harsh on yourself, he doesn't ALWAYS beat you

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                              Timer is set by publisher. Usually they're always wrong. There is no big red button on steam. It is a preset. It is 99% of the time set to the wrong time due to retards that work for publishers submitting things in weird time zones that nobody understands such as PST etc.
                              You remind me of that commotion, which happened in an anime distribution site named bakabt.com, where there was the worldwide Mahjong competition, which was very difficult to finish due of that timezone confusion. There were some peeps, who didn't know even the meaning of PST and anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Killie Lad View Post
                                you're being harsh on yourself, he doesn't ALWAYS beat you
                                I dunno, it never feels like I'm making an impact. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X