• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
    I just downloaded the stalker bundle from steam

Anyone played these games?

If so what do you think ?

They are the greatest free-roam FPSs ever created.

First one is remarkable. You have to experience a few of the different endings and just play through it with no looking at any help the first time through as there's about 7 or so different endings.

Second one is something a bit different to change the pace up.

Third one is amazing.

No. 1 is the best, 3rd second, 2nd is third best. But I really did enjoy the 2nd one and would rate it on my list of top ten fps' overall somewhere. HL2 is obviously king of the hill, but HL2 ain't no free roam DX11 puppy.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

S.T.A.L.K.E.R series deserves more attention. All the little elements of roleplay that are woven into the game, just brilliant and so different. I have said this many times before, but in my opinion STALKERs are more rpg's than many games that are actually calling themselves rpg's. All the quests, atmosphere and the AI make the game an impressive immersion to the world of post nuclear fallout world. The games have flaws of course, but for me they are easily forgiven.

And still adding the graphics in them. They sort of are beautifully rugged and believable. Sure, there are a lot of games that look better, but with the right weather(raining, evening or dawn) and the right view, the light shining through the sky, reflecting from the raindrops, it's the most beautiful game out there(imo). Completed with the third best ambient soundtrack for a game out there, they really are games of the highest marks.

INFACT, since I bought a new graphics card, I started the third one again yesterday. Hell yeah!
      We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Gonna get Skyward Sword for my bro this Christmas, and I also bought Dark Souls and Arkham City for myself. This is gonna be an awesome Christmas.
        Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

I'm taking a break from Magical Starsign(DS), and started playing God of War: Ghost of Sparta at long last!

It takes place between the GoW1 and GoW2.
          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

World of Goo - a smart & stylish puzzle game.

Triangulate towards your goal!

Demo available on Steam

Comment

Put in a few hours of Battlefield 3 last night, and some hours in Saints Row The Third. I also bought Trine 2 on XBLA, and I'm going to be playing it with a friend during the hollidays.
              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Just started playing Arkham City. The stealth is great, the A.I. awesome, the world is STUNNING, and the story is much better written than the last one. This could just be a last-minute entry for my Game of the Year.
                Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Playing Skyrim as picked it up on xmas night in the steam sales...

So far... I am not liking a lot of things and am investigating which mods fix all my issues. Basically the game sucks. But the world it is set in is awesome, but the actual core mechanics and gameplay are just terrible. Everything from mouse accell, inventory management through to just swinging a sword all feels so wrong compared to other RPGs. Beth have failed miserably. Although in a year, this will be stunning with mods. Glad I didn't pay full price.
                  Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Saints Row The Third. I don..I don't even..What the...

Comment

Been playing Little Big Planet 2 with my girlfriend and a friend. Loads of fun!
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

When I eventually get a PS3 I look forward to playing the Little Big Planet and Uncharted games.

Recently I've been playing Arkham Asylum (trying to get caught up so I can play Arkham City). I just got Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Zelda: Skyward Sword, so I'm be getting into them soon too.

Comment

I have Skyrim, and it's amazing.

Comment

Alice: Madness Returns.
                            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Put some hours into Dark Souls now, and after being pounded to oblivion by a few bosses here and there, I am slowly learning their patterns and behavior. I've managed to retrieve lost souls almost every time, apart from that one time I lost nearly 10K souls... Sufficient to say, I was not happy when that happened.

Dark Souls is just as great as Demon's Souls was, if not even slightly better (I guess they learned from the previous game). Loads of challenging boss fights (as well as just plain tough enemies) and defeating them is its own reward. Trust me, after being slain countless times by a demon, defeating him in return gives you a satisfaction you cannot find in any other game (at least I haven't).

Highly recommended for any fan of the RPG genre that is looking for a more challenging game.

Comment

So I've started playing Skyrim... It's a lot like Fallout, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I guess I'm more of a mutant guy than a dragonlover. I'm just running around the rivers killing crabs with my axe and getting sacked by all kinds of guards for lockpicking random doors. I think it's one of those games you get a better grip on in your second playthrough. Or perhaps I'm just bad

Comment

Working...
                                X