Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
    Put some hours into Dark Souls now, and after being pounded to oblivion by a few bosses here and there, I am slowly learning their patterns and behavior. I've managed to retrieve lost souls almost every time, apart from that one time I lost nearly 10K souls... Sufficient to say, I was not happy when that happened.

Dark Souls is just as great as Demon's Souls was, if not even slightly better (I guess they learned from the previous game). Loads of challenging boss fights (as well as just plain tough enemies) and defeating them is its own reward. Trust me, after being slain countless times by a demon, defeating him in return gives you a satisfaction you cannot find in any other game (at least I haven't).

Highly recommended for any fan of the RPG genre that is looking for a more challenging game.
    For the noobs, please, go play Demon's Souls to get used to its awesomeness.
    Dark Souls isn't for the noobs, for the moment. It's too much for them.
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I found Demon's Souls to be tougher than Dark Souls. I'm having an easier time getting into (and overcoming the challenges in) this game. But maybe that's because I played Demon's Souls. I don't know. They're both quite the challenge, that's for sure.
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Just finished Assassin's Creed Revelations, it took me a while to do all the side quest, such as getting enough money to buy everything, and take over all cities. For a few days, I just left the game on while I did other things.

For Christmas, I asked for a few cheaper games so I got Halo Anniversary, Singularity and Fear 3. Played a little of Halo and Fear 3 and they are pretty good so far.

Comment

Little big planet 2. Bout to go pick up rayman origins.

Comment

Portal 2 Again. The game was perfect in length, in my opinion. I hope that the next Portal game does explore the prequel idea.

Cave Johnson and the Mighty Mantis Men.

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
              So I've started playing Skyrim... It's a lot like Fallout, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I guess I'm more of a mutant guy than a dragonlover. I'm just running around the rivers killing crabs with my axe and getting sacked by all kinds of guards for lockpicking random doors. I think it's one of those games you get a better grip on in your second playthrough. Or perhaps I'm just bad
              Nah don't worry, just do what you want in the game, forget about the main quest and characters, explore and kill everything.

Use magic, that helps a lot

Use your shouts too! FUS-RO-DAH!
              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

well got skyrim for christmas and i have to say that after probably half an hour of not really getting into it i now am addicted, its a truely fantastic game!

also got myself a new laptop for christmas so thought hell, il see how well it can run crysis and to my suprise it runs it fantastically so thats a bonus, good job its got a dedicated gfx card as i forgot how much i miss playing on a pc / laptop till buying this laptop... good self christmas present!

Comment

Having bitched about Skyrim on boxing day I'm now 40 hrs into it.....

Game has its issues, but it sure is engrossing and I love a lot of the sidequests hardly touching any of the guilds/mainquests yet. Just stumbling into whatever runs into my path.

I think it could easily take 200 hrs to 100% this which is a pity as I go back to work on the 9th and if this game isn't finished by then it will ruin me.
                  Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                    Having bitched about Skyrim on boxing day I'm now 40 hrs into it.....

Game has its issues, but it sure is engrossing and I love a lot of the sidequests hardly touching any of the guilds/mainquests yet. Just stumbling into whatever runs into my path.

I think it could easily take 200 hrs to 100% this which is a pity as I go back to work on the 9th and if this game isn't finished by then it will ruin me.
                    I know what you mean dude. Skyrim has a lot of flaws in it but its still engrossing and can be fun to play.
                    Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

More Saints Row The Third. I'm planning on completing Saints Row, then move on to Dark Souls and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword before I start playing a game I've wanted for so very long: Xenoblade Chronicles. Oh, life shall be so sweet.
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

There was this dungeon in Skyrim where I used two replica swords to get into the main final dungeon-y bit which was pretty straight forward, and I was already there for another erand so I thought... whatever I can do this! Having read through the strange piece of a journal torn out and left on the floor by the entrance to the crypt...

So... before going back to my brothers I enter the final dungeon-y bit and go through doing my typical sneak 1-shot kill of all those fake sleeping Draugers... easy as pie. This game is easy... get to the final room... start hearing the chanting... "oooo i'm gonna get another shout!" I think to myself... see boss dude... "HA! you shall die!"... bust out my sanguine rose buddy, switch back to my bow, sneak attack him... he takes no damage.... switch out some potions and fortify my resistance to frost/fire/poison/shock/etc. and then CHARGE! and get attacked by a giant water/ice dude and a skeleton and the boss dude and get mauled.... have to spam potions and made a save just at the start of the battle. Tried to beat him for ~30 mins trying different combos... (side note: i'm playing light armour/one-handed/swords/destruction/archery/sneak)

Reloaded before I entered that final chamber. Switched to dagger. Gulped down an invisibility potion. Snuck up behind him. He half spots me... I crawl over to a dark corner... he starts looking for me and his buddies spawn.... he turns his back to me. I charge forward and go for the backstab. Instant kill animation! BAM! DEAD! SUCK IT YOU STUPID DRAUGER DEATHLORD!!! ROARWRAWRAWRAWRWRAWRARW VLAD THE IMPALER GOT YOU GOOD!
                        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear
                          Basically the game sucks.
                          Glad to see you're having fun
                          Remedy's currently known projects:
                          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                            Game has its issues, but it sure is engrossing
                            I think that really sums it up. There's definitely stuff I can bitch about, but that doesn't change the fact that I love playing it.
                            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

X-Men Arcade - 6 players

Comment

Dark Souls... and the bosses keeps on getting harder and harder to defeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X