• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Gears 3 and DeathSpank.

Comment

Time to re do my main Mass effect saves before 3 hits.
      Team Yu
      https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
      http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Playing Swords & Sorcery EP on my iPhone. Actually quite scary.
        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Fell back to an oldie but goodie, Vagrant Story.
          "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

Tried Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and... I absolutely hate it. I hate almost everything about it. And this is coming from a life-long Zelda fan.

The motion controls aren't intuitive; they're slow and inconvenient. I can understand the immersion Nintendo aimed for here, but it just isn't practical- not even the Wii Motion Plus makes sword-swinging any more fun due to the lag in the controller. Honestly, the only challenge from the game stems from fighting against the controls.

The second boss battle requires that you throw bombs a la the Dodongo King in Ocarina of Time... but it's incredibly easy to fail at just that. Sometimes I'd raise the Wiimote but it wouldn't register, and Link would be stuck in one spot with me flailing away until the boss just rolled right over me.

Honestly, until Nintendo gets out of this "innovation" funk, makes a return to classic controllers and gains more third party support, I'm not buying another thing from them.

Time to join the PC MASTER RACE!

(Also been jumping around between Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and more and more Mount & Blade.)
            <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Gears 3 mostly.And fallout 3, didnt like it at first but giving it another chance since i liked skyrim and twas a good decision. £5 not bad

Comment

Getting really hooked on Space Pirates and Zombies. For a game developed by two guys, they have done a fantastic job of creating a top-down space action game. For the price of an budget indie title, this game will give you hours of enjoyment.
                Remedy's currently known projects:
                Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
                  The motion controls aren't intuitive; they're slow and inconvenient. I can understand the immersion Nintendo aimed for here, but it just isn't practical- not even the Wii Motion Plus makes sword-swinging any more fun due to the lag in the controller. Honestly, the only challenge from the game stems from fighting against the controls.
                  I know exactly what you mean. I'm almost through Zelda now, and I honestly think this is the only Zelda game I have ever played that I will never play again. Like you said, I can see where Nintendo is coming from, but how the hell did they test this and think "Sure, let's keep it like this so that 80% of the challenge in Zelda is to battle the controller"? If it had worked, it would have been excellent. But it doesn't, and should never have been approved. This is silly.

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
                  The second boss battle requires that you throw bombs a la the Dodongo King in Ocarina of Time... but it's incredibly easy to fail at just that. Sometimes I'd raise the Wiimote but it wouldn't register, and Link would be stuck in one spot with me flailing away until the boss just rolled right over me.
                  Actually, it never got that bad for me. First of all, being used to the Wii's controllers (I have played a few games, and it's my girlfriend's preferred console), it's all about finding a sweet spot. Depends on whether the sensor is placed above or below the TV. And to up the ante, you need to keep your cool and use smooth movements. One over-exaggerated move, and the sensor will loose track of the controller. It's kind of hard when you're battling a challenging boss (yeah, I KNOW!), but always keep your cool and try to take it slow. Actually works better than one would think. The bosses are a tad on the slow side anyways.

I'm not giving up on Nintendo quiet yet. This generation's innovation methinks will pay off in the next generation. I have high hopes for the Wii U. If that fails, then I will give up on them.
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

still on skyrim, it is immense, 30hours in and i havent touched another game since started playing it

Comment

After finishing Skyward Sword (the last boss fights were ridiculously easy), I finally got around to start on Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm already 7 hours into the game, and I'm enjoying myself. We'll see if it'll shape up to be as good as I hope it will. So far, so good.
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Just beat God of War: Ghost of Sparta in God Mode(Very Hard). I'm doing some farming to collect all the orbs needed for Zeus' Temple.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta(PSP) - It's also in PS3, if anyone wants to play it.

I don't know if anyone played it and finished it, but I'll tell some stuff from it.

Short story
                        This game takes place between God of War 1 and God of War 2 right after Kratos sat on Ares' throne and before Kratos makes a step on the fall. Your mission is to find Kratos' lost young brother, Deimos, in request of his mother, Callisto, who has been abducted by Ares and sent to Thanatos' realm to be imprisoned in reason of being the Marked Boy, who's being predicted to destroy Olympus.

Miscellaneous
                        This game is from normal to hard in Normal Mode, but the difficulty is way harder than the Very Hard in God Mode. The difference is very sensitive between the modes. The monsters have been quite improved than the rest of the God of War series. The only bad news is that it's a bit glitchy in some points, such as when you want to slash cut in two the Tritons, sometimes the indicated button DON'T APPEAR, and such as the barrier glitch preventing the monsters from hurting you(It's also very visible in Erinys Boss). Another bad news is that as usual the PSP controls aren't very controlable and uneasy to have under control making it a bit uneasy to execute the attacks you wish. IMO, they ought NEVER bring another God of War game in PSP.

What's different in God of War: Ghost of Sparta
                        If you guys remember the Mortal Kombat 9's Krypt, where you collect the achieved collectibles and you unlock the game's stuff, you should note that you'll need to collect the Red Orbs for Zeus' Temple to unlock not only the usual stuff(artwork, background work and stuff), but also the 3 locked videos showing side stories about this particular game. You need to complete Zeus' Temple to unlock Challenges of Athena.
                        Last edited by TannosukeGR; 01-09-2012, 03:49 AM.
                        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Still doing Halo Reach and Assassin's Creed Multiplayer once in a while.
                          Just beat Halo Anniversary, very good I hope more remakes are like this, everything the same just updated graphics.

I also just finished Fear 3, I'm kind of disappointed. I liked the first 2 games, but this didn't even seem to try to be scary, the whole game is build for coop, so even in single player if felt arcady.

I've finally got around to playing Mafia 2, bought it on clearance a few months ago and only just got around to it. It's really good, it kind of reminds me of Alan Wake at times. I like the soundtrack. I love all this 40's and 50's music in games recently, why can't they play this on the radio now, it's so much better than a lot of this modern stuff.

Comment

Started since the day after yesterday Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Just defeated the 2nd boss. On my way to Lanaryu Shrine.
                            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Office Politics.

F*&)*) best game ever. Not. :/
                              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Finished L.A. Noire and realized that only 7 achievements are missing. So I'm wondering if there is a point in getting those before opening 1 of my 18 sealed games...
                                If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Working...
                                X