X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Sleeping Dogs
    & CS:GO beta.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Sleeping Dogs, been running around dressed as Ryo from Shenmue.
      Team Yu
      https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
      http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

'Deadlight': It was actually really good, though a little short. Epic backgrounds.
        Please check out my artwork =D
        http://vonstreff.deviantart.com/

Comment

Yeah i enjoyed DL and would love a follow up
          Team Yu

Comment

Mafia II

The story & atmosphere were surprisingly good. Superb voice acting & facial expressions. Music!

Checkpoints could have been more frequent though.

I enjoyed the storytelling a lot. One of the best usage of cutscenes.

Excellent dialogue lines and believable story transitions, especially in the first half of the game. Later I got slightly confused about the rival factions and who belongs to who. Still, I played it non-stop because it was sooooo interesting to know what happens next.

Collectibles that make sense!

It took me 15 hours to complete it on easy... that means it's quite lengthy if you don't mind driving a lot while hearing good retro music on the radio. I'd also say this game is an excellent example how to mix a fully linear story with a living breathing open world environment.

Take a note! Open world is possible in the context of a tightly controlled story

Overall 8.5/10

Comment

True, but doesn't the open world seem empty and adds nothing, in terms of the story. It could have easily been just a linear game and it wouldn't have affect the story in any way.

That said, of course I would have loved to drive into different parts of Brightfalls, but doing that every time you move into the next part of the game gets boring in a thriller story, or in any story IMO. We do have driving parts and downtime in Alan Wake and I think the way Remedy did things, was the right way to do it.

And I hate when you have to drive cars, and listen to inner monologues/conversations at the same time.

I liked Mafia 2 for what it was, but for me the open world didn't add anything.
              I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

My problem with Mafia 2 was that if you did stray from the linear path set before you and attempt to see if there was anything to see or do you QUICKLY realised there was a TONNE of cut content. Some of that was packaged up into day dot DLC, and the rest was just scrapped as 2k screwed around the devs behind that game bad.

The shooting mechanics and story and atmosphere were BRILLIANT! But they just messed up the over arching game and it had a huge time jump at one point that you just couldn't help but wonder about all the cool missions they didn't let you do, that they'd probably 50% completed.

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                  My problem with Mafia 2 was that if you did stray from the linear path set before you and attempt to see if there was anything to see or do you QUICKLY realised there was a TONNE of cut content. Some of that was packaged up into day dot DLC, and the rest was just scrapped as 2k screwed around the devs behind that game bad.

The shooting mechanics and story and atmosphere were BRILLIANT! But they just messed up the over arching game and it had a huge time jump at one point that you just couldn't help but wonder about all the cool missions they didn't let you do, that they'd probably 50% completed.
                  I agree completely. I also feel that the ending was a bit incomplete, but otherwise I was very engaged in the story the whole time. Not to mention just some of those moments- walking home in the snow, for one- had such nice pacing and aesthetic/emotional value. Great game.

However, I've been playing more of Skyrim again lately. I'm only level 21, but somehow all the challenge has gone out of it; all I have to do is shoot one or two fireballs to clear a room. Ah, well.
                  <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Can agree with both guys above my comment - Mafia 2 is a great game with some negative moments (but nothing criminal). Looking forward to Mafia 3 - especially considering it's a next-gen game.

Anyway, wasn't playing much lately - going through GoldenEye 007: Reloaded. Can confirm now that it pretty-much sucks. Will still finish it though (there were 2 games I couldn't finish on my Xbox - they were even worse). The worst thing is the AI - man they are stupid.
                    If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time... such a classic!
                      Please check out my artwork =D
                      http://vonstreff.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by VonStreff View Post
                        Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time... such a classic!
                        In which Jordan Mechner, his creator, was still around... pity that he stopped producing the upcoming Prince of Persia from The Two Thrones till now.
                        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Hours and hours and hours of Guild Wars 2

Happiest gamer alive.
                          We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Just finished Sleeping Dogs. IT WAS AWESOME. Probably my favourite game so far this year.

Favourite Song in the Game:

Going to add it to my driving list in my car... just hope I don't try and do a stunt jump or something silly... in real life...

22 hrs. Didn't even get close to 100% the game.

Comment

The Walking Dead season 3, i hate myself for not waiting for the disc version knowing ill probably re buy it.
                              Team Yu

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                                Just finished Sleeping Dogs. IT WAS AWESOME. Probably my favourite game so far this year.
                                I finished the story last week but just got my 1000/1000 (took about 55 hrs overall). GREAT game. Definitely in my top 2-3 of the year.
                                Fandomania.com // Raptr Profile

Comment

Working...
                                X