• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
    Hours and hours and hours of Guild Wars 2

Happiest gamer alive.
    Arrr, yes! What server are you on?

Just got my human elementalist to 15 today, gosh is that a fun class.
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Okay should I play:
      Dead Space 2 (PC) - 0 hrs
      Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - 4 hrs in haven't touched it in months.
      or finish off RAGE (PC) [got bored after getting to prison]
      or play ICO (PS3)...

Metacritic scores: (Reviews/user)
      Dead Space 2: 87 / 8.1
      RDR: 95 / 8.5
      RAGE: 79 / 4.5
      ICO 90 / 9.1
      Last edited by yogibbear; 09-02-2012, 11:44 AM.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Botanicula

Pros:
        - the art style
        - the humor
        - bright & vivid environments
        - creative ways to convey the goal

Cons:
        - if this game is meant for kids, I'd say there are too many psychodelic references
        - if this game is meant for kids, I'd say certain sections are too dark
        - some puzzles were not fair, in my humble opinion

Still, a positive impression. The score would be around 8/10.

A recommended purchase during sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
          Arrr, yes! What server are you on?

Just got my human elementalist to 15 today, gosh is that a fun class.
          Blacktide. Human ranger at 28. So much to do and to see! I have always loved the lore of Guild Wars, and number two just expands it all so much!

Geek mode to hyperdrive.
          We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Finished that boring and cheap BloodStone 007: Reloaded. Put Batman: Arkham City in my Xbox. Hopefully, will go further that just looking at the box this week. Planning to spend a few hours playing
            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

First time playing BioShock. Not half-bad.
              Please check out my artwork =D
              http://vonstreff.deviantart.com/

Comment

Went back and finished S.P.A.Z. & BH's.

Had to CLEAN UP THE GALAXY so wasted quite a while finishing off the zombies before finishing the game. (Stupidly picked one of the largest maps so even in Act IV I still had 60+ star systems left to disinfect). (it reduces to a smaller no. after Act III [had ~500 odd or so it felt in Act I-III).

Comment

Mass Effect 2. It's my fourth the whole franchise's playthrough. I can't wait for ME3!

Comment

I played a little bit of Spec Ops: The Line and then a little of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, but didn't get super into either (though I think they're both good games, just not my thing gameplay-wise). So I decided to go back and finally play Enslaved. It's pretty cool so far (I'm only a few chapters in). The gameplay isn't anything all that new or fabulous, but the environments are gorgeous (I have a thing for manmade structures overtaken by nature) and the story/premise is pretty interesting.
                    Fandomania.com // Raptr Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                      I played a little bit of Spec Ops: The Line and then a little of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, but didn't get super into either (though I think they're both good games, just not my thing gameplay-wise).
                      Wait until Chapter 8!

This is heavily an idea and story-driven game. With at least 3 definitive moments that define this game as a tragedy (one way or the other).

The atmosphere is depressing, gloomy, once we pass the area, and because of that it is so memorable.

Gameplay is just the camouflage.

A visual hint:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ancient View Post
                        Wait until Chapter 8!

This is heavily an idea and story-driven game. With at least 3 definitive moments that define this game as a tragedy (one way or the other).
                        Don't get me wrong! The story is excellent and I understand the game's merits. I just couldn't get into the gameplay — something which I believe is intentional (my husband told me he read that the lead developer wanted the combat to not feel "fun" as a commentary on typical military shooters). I don't mean to disparage the game at all, it just wasn't something I was really enjoying playing, though I was into the story.

Comment

Well, needed to make a few screenshots of one specific car (don't ask why, but his was needed for my work), so played Forza 4 a bit. This is not the game I will be playing a lot - I play like less than 10 hours a month and remembering Forza 3 - you can't finish it in 1 month even if you play daily. But the game is great - especially with a decent wheel.
                          If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

I also recently started playing Dance Central 2 every other day (alternating with the Total Gym). I'm not a huge Kinect fan so I was skeptical at first, but it's definitely a workout! Hoping to get in better shape so if I ever end up having to run from Taken I'll have a fighting chance =)

Comment

Playing Guild Wars 2 since pre-launch, loving every minute of it. I am not an MMO guy but the Guild Wars games do it for me. The amount of content in GW2 is mind blowing. I'll be set for a looooonnnng time.

Comment

Jagged Alliance : Back in Action

Loaded it up... died on first map. Good times. Probably fastest game I've ever gotten the credits to roll on. (Because most games take you to a loading screen rather than the credits when you die). Only had two baddies left on the map as well... I assumed that I would cakewalk the last 3 guys and stopped crawling everywhere... turns out this meant all 3 of my guys missed almost all their shots while a guy with an axe ran up and slaughtered one. Then the other two kill him off, then they ran out of bullets and the last two guys heard all this commotion and came along and gunned us down. :'(

Comment

Working...
                                X