What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

You know, I just finished COD Black Ops 2. Although the campaign story is fascinating, the gameplay did not blow me away. There were some moments that felt great. But in the end, I felt saturated by all of the shooting. It's like eating in a buffet where you have all the appetizing dishes and when your full, you still keep eating them, and no matter how good they taste, you get sick just thinking about it. Saturation! I guess that's what it feels. Do you ever feel that way sometimes?

I need a break. Maybe go for RPG next or Hack and Slash and then go back to shooter again. A good puzzle won't hurt either. Variety is the best thing that ever happened to gaming, and of course to everything!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Jill; 02-02-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

So, ~30 percent done with Far Cry 3. Not a short game if you try to be stealthy. Trying to play through the main story while taking over radio towers etc. while going to waypoints. Like how differently you can take over outposts. I took over 7 and all with stealthy approach. Yesterday had to do nothing - just sniped a dog and wanted to snipe all 4 enemies, but a big and angry bird came from nowhere and killed one of these guys. So I had thought that I need to kill 3 - a tiger appeared and killed them all. Not a surprise considering this particular outpost is surrounded by dangerous animals (I almost died twice while going 300 meters to it). But it really feels like a real world with unpredictable situations.
      If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Dark Souls, and it's kicking my ass. A lot of cool stuff going on in it, though. (Okay, maybe not NPC dialogue. Pretty much everybody does some kind of cliche sinister laughter after speaking. What's up with that?)

The nice thing about it, aside from reminding me of the olden days of Berserk, is that any feeling of safety or confidence is just a warning sign that you are about to fail hard.

Comment

Spec ops:the line. The demo did this game absolutely no justice whatsover i thought it was just another generic cover-based TPS....WRONG. it's a great game bit of a shame it doesn't seem to have sold all that well. The gameplay wasn't amazing but not terrible either and the actual sand system was a bit dissappointing although the sandstorms and the environmental kills were pretty cool but the story more than makes up for the shortcomings. £10, what a steal, loved it.
          Last edited by Killie Lad; 02-07-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Finally got my hands on LA Noire. I love it!
            Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
            -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Killie Lad View Post
              Spec ops:the line. The demo did this game absolutely no justice whatsover i thought it was just another generic cover-based TPS....WRONG. it's a great game bit of a shame it doesn't seem to have sold all that well. The gameplay wasn't amazing but not terrible either and the actual sand system was a bit dissappointing although the sandstorms and the environmental kills were pretty cool but the story more than makes up for the shortcomings. £10, what a steal, loved it.
              Yeah, was one of the best 2012 games for me. Seriously underrated...

So, I haven't played so much in a few years - was sick last week and had a chance to play during the whole weekend. Therefore, I:
              1. Finished Far Cry 3. By "finished" I mean finishing all the story missions, all the side missions, liberating all outposts, capturing all the radio towers, finishing all extra missions (that premium DLC stuff) etc. Just had no will to gather 120 relics (what's the point?), hunting all the animals (but finished a lot of these hunting activities) and killing all the pirates with my knife. All in all it was a great game, but still got a bit boring in the end since missions are pretty-similar. And I hated those missions where I had to cover my buddies who kept dying... But still - 9 out of 10 from me.
              2. Hitman: Absolution. Started and finished the game. It was awesome. I love stealth and went through all the levels with no shots fired (classic). Loved the fact that all levels were so different. And loved getting rid of targets using environmental objects to make these kills look like accidents. 10 out of 10 for me.
              3. Sleeping Dogs. Started the game and finished a few missions. First of all, I don't like the fact that it's a bit hard in the beginning. I read about buying some food before going into fight etc., but until I read this - had died twice. Sure any game should be challenging enough, but the balance here is far from being perfect for beginning at least. For now I would say it's 6-7 out of 10 - we'll see how it evolves as story progresses...
              If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Dishonored. It's interesting.. Takes a while to get that 'freedom' of action, though.
                Please check out my artwork =D
                http://vonstreff.deviantart.com/

Comment

Hello folks! Got my hands on Halo 4 and just finished it last night. It was great. A couple of things I've observed though. There were some new and interesting innovations to the franchise. I also noticed that some of these innovations were probably inspired ("copied") from movies as well. I noticed one equipment, the "Short Range Spectrum Augmentator," also known as "Promethean Vision," is an armor ability that once activated, allows the Spartan to see through solid objects and provide an outline of enemy bodies. I believe this concept was borrowed from the movie "Predator." Even the way it looks in the Halo 4 game and in the movie is somewhat similar. Well, we really can't blame them, a lot of games have already copied the "invisible camouflage" from the movie Predator, to say the least. That is also present in all of the Halo Franchise, probably inspired from Predator as well. It's not surprising, considering a lot of Game Developers also get inspired and copies from movies.

Anyway, I like the new enemies. Prometheans. In fact, the "Short Range Spectrum Augmentator" was mentioned by Cortana in Halo 4 as alien in origin, and that this is how the Prometheans could see through the thick and dense fog. The Prometheans even emits a sound like the alien in the movie Predator. I guess there are really a lot of inspirations there from the movie Predator.

It's nice to see the Covenant enemies still involved in Halo 4. The only thing I could say against them is that they make these funny noises. They're like "premature" sounds, especially the ones coming from the "Grunts." Sometimes, it's like borderline annoying, especially when you are on headphones. It kinda' makes the game somewhat childish, you know?! I just wish it was different. But the Prometheans are great. They are an interesting addition to the franchise.

There are a couple of things that could probably be improved. The gaming industry has come a long way that a lot of things are really possible nowadays. I wish they could have incorporated a good "cover" mechanism in the game play. And also add a "roll" or a "roll-and-cover" mechanism. I know that the Halo Franchise is a "first person shooter." But so is Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and they manage to incorporate that in the game. It just makes it more realistic for me to get some proper cover sometimes. Besides, sometimes I get tired of this "guns-a-blazing" style of gameplay. It's time to be more realistic. And with the technology today, it is definitely possible.

All in all, the campaign mode is awesome. Graphics are stellar, as usual, and one of the best in this generation. 343 Industries did a great job in taking over the franchise. The story is intriguing. It's interesting to know that they've already planned this out to be a second trilogy in the franchise. And Master Chief is back! I guess we'll see where they will take the Chief's story next.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by Jill; 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Omerta: City Of Gangsters

Rushed/unfinished might be the right word to describe this game. I love mafia related stuff, so I can overlook the flaws. If they make a second game and can fix all the issues it would be a fantastic game. I hope that happens.

Also finally played The Walking Dead. Loved it!!
                    Spoiler:
                    I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Max Payne 3

A great game. However, I didn't like the shift of tone as the story progressed.

In early chapters it was very artistic & stylish. Almost an example how to make a perfect action game. Yet later it turned out to be a generic shooter where the story didn't make any sense at all.

Marketing pressures, I guess

I'm going to replay Act 1 & 2 (that is Chapters 1-10) because these were stellar. Truly enjoyed them.

Comment

Haven't played for a while - had a overdose of FarCry 3 and Hitman: Absolution (both finished in a few days). So, tried the new Metal Gear demo. Well, removed it from my "to buy" list.

Need to continue playing Sleeping Dogs (which I didn't like too much)...

Comment

Dead Space 2. Trying to make some dents into my steam holiday sale back catalogue... Played it for about 3 hrs, up to Chapter 6. Enjoying it... I think?! Mainly for the sound design and the zero gravity bits.

Oh and I also just got a 3DS for taking with me to site now that I'm working FIFO. Started playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. It's pretty interesting. Though not sure if it's actually a video game or just a choose your own adventure book disguised as one. In any case, it is very very good at pulling you into a weird and quirky world.
                          Last edited by yogibbear; 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM.
                          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Skyrim. Only £15 on XBL this week which is cheaper than the shops so i thought why not.
                            Team Yu
                            https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                            http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Last game I played was Assassin's Creed 2. Yep.

Comment

Just finished Dead Space 2. Yes that's right. No. 2, not 3, 2. Was sort of fun.
                                Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Working...
                                X