What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Dirt: Showdown still, but I'm nearly done with the 3rd championship (4 or 5 races left). So, I can finish the game this week I guess - at least the majority or activities were done.

Halo 4 is probably next. It has been lying there sealed for quite a while...
    If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Quite a few, you could say. Been a while since I've mentioned anything, so I thought I'd break down the ones that has made somewhat of an impression on me (good or bad).

Borderlands 2 - Hells yeah! This games brings it all. Everything you loved from the first game. New characters (and classes), though they share a lot of similarities, the skill trees are still pretty darn interesting. Makes for some pretty funky mixing and matching to make your perfect character. I've played this game a lot since the release, and I'm still playing it frequently. Love it. Absolutely love it.

Guild Wars 2 - Was quite the rough release. Everything went wrong, and although they should have prepared better for it, I still feel a bit sorry for them. I can't help but feel like they lost a lot of potential players due to their cockups during the first few weeks.
      In either case, once they got over the rough patch, it's been somewhat smooth sailing. I played GW2 for quite a bit until BL2 and a lot of other games sort of just trolled their way into my ever so tight schedule. Now however, a couple of friends and myself have started taking a peak back into the world of Tyria, and we're as excited as ever. As far as MMORPG's go, GW2 is right out there among the best. The new take on quests is quite interesting, and makes it possible for many, many players to be in the same area without having to worry about not completing a kill-quest because someone else is already beating on the monster/boss/whatever.

Tomb Raider - I was both excited and worried about the reboot of Tomb Raider, a franchise that has been with me since the good old PSone days. I knew they were going to try to make Lara a more believable and realistic character. And I knew things were going to be different. In many ways, I was hoping for different. Because the TR-series has been sort of standing still for a long while now. Ever since they tried doing something different with Angel of Darkness (which I personally loved), but got butchered and had to go back to their old recipe.
      Now though, it seems like they have taken several big leaps in the right direction. You can clearly see right from the get-go that they have taken a lot of inspiration from what Uncharted did, with more over-the-top action, shooting and action sequences. This is necessarily bad though. They haven't gone all-out action like Uncharted seems to be for better parts, but instead kept it more survival, which is what they promised. Because let's get it straight: this Tomb Raider is all about survival.
      The one thing they have seemed to miss though is proper puzzles. The ones I came across were far too few, and far too easy / small. I expected more of the elaborate ones we've had in the past (although some of them were just insane). I miss that. Sure, I like all the other bits, but it would have been a much more interesting and rewarding experience with more and better puzzles.
      All in all though, I am exciting to see where they take the series from here. I like the new Tomb Raider, and the new Lara.

DmC: Devil May Cry - Like with the reboot of Tomb Raider, I was both excited and anxious about this one. I never really saw the need to reboot it. The series isn't even so old that they can't change things without making it far fetched. However, it was a new dawn for Dante. And I quite liked it. I've been a fan of the Devil May Cry series since the first game. Have them all, played them all. This one surpasses all of them in my opinion. Dante's new appearance does not fool anyone, he's still the cheeky badboy he's always been. And he's got new tricks and powers up his sleeves, that makes for one hell of a ride. Literally. He's part Devil, remember?
      Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys hack'n'slash action games.

Minecraft - Yeah, I still play it. Not only am I still playing it, I am currently co-admin on a network of now two severs. One Survival that's been open for over a year now, and one Factions that isn't even a month old yet.
      Want to know more? Well head on over to www.raisedfist.co.uk - we're an ever growing community!
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Finished the new Bioshock. Its a good game but not as great as some others think imo.

Now playing the Metal Gear HD collection
        Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Which world are you playing on Guild Wars 2 Kahr?

I myself have had loads of gaming hours spent on GW2. Especially during this few days, since it was has a very basic, if a bit slow, installation process.
          We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Dirt: Showdown - just 4 races left before I get gold in all of them. Hopefully, not much attempts will be required. I especially "hate" 8-ball - it's a common thing than someone hits and spins you out 1-2 turns before the finish line.

Was checking the list of sealed games I have and how long it takes to finish those. Trying to decrease the number of games I have by finishing shorter ones first. But even so - always ordering more, so this process is kind of endless Halo 4 seems to be a clear winner here - around 8 hours for the main campaign. Rayman Origins (still sealed too) is probably next if I won't order anything in between those 2.
            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
              I myself have had loads of gaming hours spent on GW2. Especially during this few days, since it was has a very basic, if a bit slow, installation process.
              We play on Desolation. We have a small Guild of, uh... four members?
              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                We play on Desolation. We have a small Guild of, uh... four members?
                Cool. We have something like 7 to 10 members. We play on Blacktide. Perhaps we will try guesting on some of these days?

Anywho, I haven't touched PvP all that much, mainly just trying to play through the regular map content with all the characters I currently have.

I am also still playing Bioshock Infinte.

Comment

Finished Dirt: Showdown yesterday. Was surprised that I got a pretty-hard achievement without trying.

So, it's Halo 4 time

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                    Cool. We have something like 7 to 10 members. We play on Blacktide. Perhaps we will try guesting on some of these days?

Anywho, I haven't touched PvP all that much, mainly just trying to play through the regular map content with all the characters I currently have.
                    Would be great fun to do some guest adventuring together sometime. Toss me your username, and I'll add you.

I have played a bit of PvP (not a lot, but some), and it is actually really fun. Especially World versus World. Love it. Massive battles of carnage, and a great way to see how any character of yours would be at level 80.
                    You get automatically boosted to level 80 when you enter PvP. Or at least WvW - not entirely sure about the other PvP modes.

Comment

I'm having a bit mixed opinions about WvW. The concept itself feels nice, but the experiences so far aren't too interesting if I may say. It's not like the gameplay wouldn't work, but most of the time it either feels like you have a lot of people rushing to points on the map, bashing through auto-attack and just gather points like in the big boss battles, or you are alone or in a small group and a large group kicks your ass if you even give a glimpse of yourself to them.

Normal competitive PvP on the other hand feels really entertaining and tactical. Kinda like the old Alliance Battles in GW 1, but better. I just need to play them more.
                      Last edited by Zhinarkos; 04-12-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Playing some Freespace 2. Love this game. Absolute classic.
                        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                          Playing some Freespace 2. Love this game. Absolute classic.
                          Dive! Dive! Dive!
                          Remedy's currently known projects:
                          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Halo 4. Yeah, it looks great, but the gameplay just can't keep up. I've never been a fan of Halo, but bought them all. I'm sure I'll buy the next one too, but doubt it will be interesting. It's not a bad game, but a bit monotonous. And I never liked enemies that die after getting 2-3 dozens of bullets

Comment

Comic Jumper XBLA. God i love Twisted Pixel.

Team Yu
                              https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                              http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Finished Halo 4 yesterday. God that game was boring (as all Halos are). It's just about shooting and pressing buttons. And I'm not a fond of enemies requiring dozens of bullets to die.

Tried Spartan Ops: Season 1 - same boring stuff, but worse.

So, after all those action and racing games - put Rayman in my Xbox. Some platforming for a change...
                                Last edited by 3APA3HO; 04-18-2013, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X