• Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

For the last months I played:

God of War: Ascension(PS3)
    El Shaddai(PS3)
    Worms: Armageddon(PS3)
    The Last Story(Wii)

Now I'm playing Chaos on Deponia(Part 2 of the trilogy of Deponia games) in Steam.
    Last edited by TannosukeGR; 04-22-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the last story...
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Tomb Raider, the first game I finished in last two years! Except for that Survival instinct feature that made the game so simple, the rest of it was good. As a big fan of Prince of Persia games, it reminded me a little of POP2 and it was pleasant.
      Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Rayman: Origins - a great game.
        If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Just finished Chaos on Deponia. I'll think of which game to start next.
          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Right, finished Rayman: Origins. Almost broke one of my controllers during the last level. Hated it so much that almost thought of not buying the new game (which comes out soon). But guess I will

Tried "the mighty" COD: Modern Warfare 3. Stupid as usual.
            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Just started the Last Rebellion(PS3), however, I'm about to try Castlevania(PS3).

I'm also trying to install some retro games called Legend of Kyrandia. Westwood(you heard it right) created this awesome adventure games before creating some army-horny games, such as Red Alert.

Comment

Still knee deep in GW2 these days. Finally brought my first character up to level 80 (max). My Elementalist reached 80 first.

Also recently started playing some Battlefield 3 again after a few months of break. 'Tis fun, although I feel very rusty.
                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

After hitting the complete map exploration mark and getting the two gifts of the travelers in Guild Wars 2, I was feeling up to looking at the next step towards making a legendary weapon.

After seeing it, I was like "pfffff, yeah that should be a walk in the park"... 500 medals from World versus World games! And that is only the gift of battle! It's a piece of a piece of a piece of a piece that goes into crafting one of those weapons. Then there is the job of finding the pre-requisite weapon for the legendary.

I have been leveling my other characters since my main character has hit the end of the story, and has completed most of the dungeons. I will be working the last exotic armor piece for him, and then leave the character completely at peace for a while.
                  Last edited by Zhinarkos; 05-03-2013, 10:36 AM.
                  We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

I did it! I downloaded ScrummVM and started playing Legend of Kyrandia, a retro adventure game. I wish I knew about it and start playing it, while I was still young.

Comment

Slender the arrival.

Dont waste your money.
                      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Mass Effect 2. Believe it or not - it has been sealed since 2010 That's what you get when buying Xbox with dozen of games at the same time - some will surely wait for a few years considering you buy new games regularly and don't have much time to play (like 2 hours a week usually).

Anyway, liked the game. Maybe a bit to long (played for 2,5 days a lot), but that's RPG. Still have a few main story missions left (5-6) and 3 DLCs. Might not finish this week (won't have time), but Mass Effect 3 will surely wait it's turn a bit - don't want to play the same game for 40 hours

Comment

Kind of silent in here- guess everyone is enjoying sun (and presumably - beer) outside.

Anyway, put Mas Effect 3 in my Xbox, imported a character from Mass Effect 2 and left the game. After 32 hours of Mass Effect 2 and its DLCs - needed something fresh. Considering new console generation is almost here - decided to "clean" my collection by selling still sealed copies of games like Skyrim (I won't have so much time on it anyway), Borderlands 2 etc.

Then I realized that I have dozens of bought and untouched arcades, so played I Am Alive. Well, it's quite bad to be honest. Mainly because of the graphics. And I hate that stamina. Sure I understand that is to make the game more complex (you are surviving), but considering sometimes you don't see much because of dust - gets annoying to find a pipe to climb up and refill your stamina. All in all I like some things - you really value your bullets, afraid to encounter enemies etc. I would say the game is 5-6 out of 10 max., but those 5-6 points are enough for me to finish it.

Comment

Dark Souls.

Man this game... This game is absolutely amazing! Now you might hear people say that is hard and unfair, but really it's all about knowing your surroundings. The game is like a modern version of a classic roguelike games, where stupid mistakes are punished. I accidentally killed a blacksmith and couldn't upgrade my weapons => 5 hours of gameplay lost. When I started again, I conquered the same areas under an hour!

This game is all about making mistakes and learning from them.

I love it, in fact I think it's one of the best games this generation. I started playing it back in last October and took a big break from it. Finished some really hard areas and the game is finally starting to open up for me.

This game has everything! Great leveling system, different kind of spells (Pyromancy, Miracles, Magic), deep weapon crafting, fantastic combat, factions that contribute how you play your game with other players etc.

When you finish a hard area or find a hidden secret (believe me, there are some amazing hidden areas in this game) the sense of discovery and enjoyment is something a few games have ever achieved.

The bosses are also amazing; I actually thought that an optional area, I found was a DLC area included with my edition. Turns out it's just a normal area intended for the game.

You really have to think your steps through with this game:
                            Should I turn human, so I can call a co-op buddy to help me with the area boss? Oh, but I have sinned so other players might invade my world... And what if I lose? I will lose all my souls that I could use to buy equipment! So perhaps I should buy some new stuff, but wait can I use them and how much will my character slow down with all that heavy stuff equiped? Or perhaps I should request absolution from the priest, so that all my sins will be cast away, but damn that costs 40 000 souls. Damn.

You have to carefully plan each of your steps, overcoming your obstacles and there's no unnecessary handholding - from the beginning area you can choose many paths, but not all of them lead the places you should go.

It all comes together to make this cool and bizarre world with really interesting areas.

If you haven't already bought this game now is certainly the time. Dark Souls 2 is propably going to come later this year or early next year.

If you are planning on buying this game, do not watch any videos online it will ruin one of the best experiences in gaming.

Trust me, you will die a lot, but you will also conquer your enemies. If you fail, rethink your strategies. There's a lot to this game and those who want to challenge Dark Souls are in for a journey!

The online community is really cool too; you can find a lot of interesting YouTube videos (EpicNameBro for example) and forums (subreddit Dark Souls) dedicated to the game. A big wiki is also available, when all is lost. so the community is really there for you

Buy this game!

It's not only one of the best gaming experiences in recent memory, but perhaps one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. The sense of achievement you get from the game is something you can only get from a game like this.

It's addictive as crack. Damn, I need to go play some Dark Souls now.
                            KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                              Just started the Last Rebellion(PS3), however, I'm about to try Castlevania(PS3).
                              Enjoy Castlevania LoS, it is.. amazing!
                              Please check out my artwork =D
                              http://vonstreff.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by VonStreff View Post
                                Enjoy Castlevania LoS, it is.. amazing!
                                Already enjoying it. I borrowed it from a friend. I'm on my way to take the last 2 trophies before (I hope) going for platinum. Then I'll return it back.

Once I buy the collector's edition of this very game, I'll try to download the DLCs to see the epilogue.

I hope they think seriously to bring the rest of the games as remastering to this graphic level and of the new gameplay, just like this game.

Whatever Kojima touches is godlike!

Comment

Working...
                                X