What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Put I Am Alive on hold - got a bit bored, but will finish it soon.

Started and finished (it was short) Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. Yeah, it's cheap, but better than the first one. We don't get many sniping games to choose from. I would say that screwed up the AI again - there are not as stupid, but see you like you have LEDs on your head. That was annoying. Finished it and skipped the DLC.
    If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Battlefield 3. With a girl I like. Awesome fun.
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
        Battlefield 3. With a girl I like. Awesome fun.
        You seem that you found an army-horny chick over there.

I'm playing Ni No Kuni. I finished completely Castlevania: Lord of Shadow with a platinum(except of the epilogue).
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Finished Metro: Last Light a few days ago, gameplay was better then 2033 but the story was not, still a great story though, actually felt emotions in a game for the first time in a few years.
          Mulligan's no.1 Fan

Steam ID

Comment

I DID IT!

After many hours of horrible deaths, I finally beat Dark Souls!
            I love this game so much! While there's little background information about the characters and the world, Dark Souls managed to suck me in for over 60 hours of painful trials!

It was worth it.

The ending boss fight was one of the best in recent memory! The soundtrack sets a fantastic mood to the fight, where every inch of your swordman skills are put to test.

While the ending feels short, it's not meant to give closure. The lasting mystery is what makes this game strong.

The sheer variety of different areas is astonishing for a single game!
            From Undead Burg to The Abyss, every new area brings something new, something different.

Just as I was about to quit the game after the credits roll, the game sent me back to the beginning with all your equipment.

Usually I just quit my game after the final moments, but with Dark Souls I have to go for another run! There are many moments in the game where only with complex steps, you can find a rare story path or a new covenant to join. I still haven't joined Darkwraiths as I had progressed too far in my last game.

So in the end, was Dark Souls worth it? Absolutely!
            I've never been so engaged with a roleplaying game.

As I said earlier, I recommend this game.
            I had lost some hope in games, because of their easy difficulty curve. Dark Souls gives you a challenge unlike any other game in recent memory. It's one of the best games this generation, perhaps even one of best RPG ever made.

And with that I'm finally ready for Dark Souls 2!
            KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Playing through Alien vs Predator (new one).
              Just finished the Marine campaign and I was quite impressed. The action was intense, the story didn't get too ridiculous, and the gameplay was enjoyable. My only disappointment is that the fear factor seems toned down. I remember the original game had me in absolute suspense whenever I heard that motion tracker beep, but this new game didn't seem to orchestrate enough scary situations for me.
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Fahrenheit ( Indigo Prophecy). Great game, but the climbing actions were annoying, maybe it was my controller. Loved the score, Angelo Badalamenti did a great job. Loved Heavy Rain as well, but I'm not too excited for Beyond: Two Souls.

Comment

Playing original silent hill on ps3 again and new tomb raider which is amazing
                  How can I miss you? If you never go away....

Comment

Bioshock Infinite.

Spoiler:

Videogames can be art, and I'm so glad I'm a gamer.
                    I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Skyrim! Yes, yes, I'm a little late to the party. I really enjoyed it! It looked incredibly beautiful especially at night, and it's very immersive. I finished the main questline recently and currently getting through some of the side missions.

I'm looking at buying Bioshock Infinite next. I really enjoyed the previous two games and I'm pretty interested in seeing where they've taken the recent game. Also looking at the new Star Trek game, I heard it has had mixed reviews and I saw Kranitoko play it a little while ago (which I really enjoyed) and he seemed ambivalent about it too. But I'm going to risk it.
                      The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman View Post
                        Bioshock Infinite.

Spoiler:

Videogames can be art, and I'm so glad I'm a gamer.
                        Bioshock Infinite's opening is fantastic, but I really didn't like how the game continued from there on. The style of gameplay, that Bioshock is known for, just doesn't click for me.

The constant, overusing of violence just makes it harder for the player to be immersed in this fantastic enviroment and to feel empathy both for Elizabeth and other characters.

The beginning scenes are VERY detailed, but the core gameplay in itself is lacking, it's just way too overblown and this is one of the biggest issues with the games of today.

If Bioshock franchise was geared more towards exploration, I think it would've greatly benefit from it.

Telling a story while shooting your way through the game is in my opinion not the right way to do storytelling in games and I think it's a shame.
                        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

[MENTION=2606]AnttiApina[/MENTION]

I agree. After the brilliant start the game slowly turns into "meh". There's cool stuff between the shooting and mayhem, and I think the best parts of the game are the "silent" parts where you can catch a breath and look around the world.

I'm going through second playthrough. Easy difficulty this time to make the action stuff go away faster.
                          I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Thomas Was Alone

A stylish puzzle game. Currently included in the Humble Indie Bundle 8

Comment

I'm playing through Alan Wake's American Nightmare for the first time, having just finished another playthrough of the original game & DLC.

It's great to finally see how an open world style Alan Wake game works. Enemy variety feels much better this time as well -- the guys that can turn into crows are especially cool. Also, Mr. Scratch is awesome -- having a highly visible, very charismatic antagonist rubbing your face in it at every turn, as opposed to the ubiquitous dark presence, is something the game benefits from greatly.

Comment

DMC
                                Virgil's downfall is with no doubt the best title for this game. Where is that proud, arrogant, silent demon slicer really? DMC3's Virgil was one of my favorite characters ever but this one, oh common! NT didn't do a good job on writing the dialogues, too. Dante is NOT fun.
                                Anyway, it is a good hank& slash, probably the best in DMC series, gameplay-wise.
                                Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Working...
                                X