Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Cut the Rope
    On my android smartphone. Great fun. I just love that little monster.
    Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Finish South Park Stick of Truth a while ago now.

Returned to Dark Souls on PC ahead of DSII release in 4 weeks!

I was stuck on Ornstein & Smough and rage quit the game like 4 months ago. Took me 3 days of trial and error but finally managed to kill Smough first and then Super Ornstein last (had no humanity from too many invasions in Anor Londo so was doing the fight solo + hollow (wanted Ornstein's armour and the Leo Ring). Have since powered through and am at 3/4 Lord Souls achieved. Just have New Londo and the Four Kings left I think.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Yeah, I want to get Dark Souls II, but I haven't finished the first game either (and I already want to start a new game +)

I breezed through New Londo, but couldn't beat the Four Kings. I'm slowly working my way through the last leg of the Tomb of the Giants instead.

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Maddieman; 03-19-2014, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet turned out to be a real pain in some cases. Can't beat the last boss - those lasers and rockets are killing me. To avoid my nerves collapse - started playing Shadow Compex (bought years ago) and Call Of Duty: Ghosts. Last one is just as stupid as any other COD game, but it's all right.
          If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
            I breezed through New Londo, but couldn't beat the Four Kings.
            Well because it seems to be a DPS race, pretty sure it's going to be a piece of cake considering I've left it till last. My Queelaag +5 and power within are going to steam roll it.

New Londo completed. At Four Kings fog gate.

Spoiler:

Comment

Finished Dark Souls. YAH! That was an effort.

Dark Souls death counter told me 349 deaths!... I suspect ~250 of those were to Pikachu & Snorlax.

Last edited by yogibbear; 03-22-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

The Cave. Pretty good (but simple) puzzle.
                If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Ground Zeroes. Brilliant.
                  NEVER FORGET
                  Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                  5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope this convinces other publishers that you don't need to tie in rushed superhero games with movies.
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Serious Sam 3. Was fun at first - reminded of Doom/Quake times. But gets you bored pretty-quickly. And that level design varies from bad to horrible. Anyway - on the last level of the DLC. And pre-ordered 3 more games for PS4.

Next up is another downloadable Xbox Live game. State of Decay, maybe...

Comment

Dark Souls 2 (PC).

Game. Is. Exceptional.

~25 hrs in. Not that it tells you exactly where I'm at, but I'm up to Huntsman Copse, Grave thingy and Brightstone Cove. Have beaten the Last Sinner, and all other bosses pre- all those areas mentioned above. Should have beaten the rat thingy in the Grave area (as I've beaten the bigger Rat already) but having too much fun in the rat covenant.

UPDATE: Finished the Grave thingy, and then went through the Gutter and Black Gulch. The Rotten is now defeated. Now back to Brightstone Cove where there's a big spider I need to slay! (only reason I know it's a big spider is because I went down there already and she headshotted me with a LASER. Frickin' laser beam on a giant spider?! This is worse than Doctor Evil in the "I don't want another thing to enter my nightmares" disaster kind of way.
                        Last edited by yogibbear; 05-05-2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS

Fun game, even though I should have started with normal difficulty. I thought the game might get too grindy and boring on normal, and it kind of did get repetetive on hard difficulty too. Once you level up the characters.
                          The reason why I should have started on normal, is that the best part of the game is match making. Because I'm a romantic fool! You can do some weird couplings I can tell you that much.

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies 3DS

The Judge, nuff said! Except there isn't as much gameplay as I hoped. A lot of dialogue and objections! I think the episodes are too long for my taste.

Inazuma Eleven 3: Lightning Bolt

An easy JRPG. The touch screen football battles are fun, or at least different. There's too much going from place to place, especially when the story is so not interesting. My god, I hate the voice of the protagonist. Maybe I should try the Japanese voice. That fake English accent is so appalling! And he's way too upbeat. You could throw knifes at he's face and he would think it's some awesome new training method! There's no conflict in the game, after every game they're all best buddies and friends for life! YAY!
                          I know I'm all for positivity, but geesh.
                          I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

I just finished the first season of the Walking Dead...

Comment

I may have stumbled unto Minecraft again after a year of more or less not touching it at all. Ugh... what am I doing with my life?

Also, lots of Guild Wars 2 these days. Coming back to GW2 after a long time of absence really helped me, I think. I find the game immensely fun.
                              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Haven't been here for a month or so. During that time I finally gave away my Xbox 360, so now it's all about Vita and PS4. Finished the whole Walking Dead Season 1 on Vita, finished Thief on PS4 (no kills and alarms raised - the only proper way to play such game, finished half of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and left it since after Thief wasn't really up for more stealth. Have been playing Watch Dogs for 3 days straight and I must say it's 6 out of 10 points in my opinion. Remember that after finishing GTA V I thought that I've never seen a sandbox game where you felt such attention to details - don't remember even 2 identical missions there. Watch Dogs, however, is pure copy-paste. Gets awfully boring pretty-quickly. Unfortunately, another big problem is so-called car handling - feels like you are riding a piano on lard. No need to comment on the facts that all cars feel the same (small city car is almost as fast as a supercar) and boats are faster than police helicopters. And, lastly, characters are really blend. All in all the game is OK until something else of the same type is released. Sure there are a few cool things, but the game feels like the developers promised too much for us and themselves (I pre-ordered it a long time ago). Hopefully, other pre-orders (Far Cry 4, new Batman etc.) don't let me down.

Comment

Working...
                                X