What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

I've been playing Saints Row 3 and 4 back to back. Whoever decided to turn these games from a GTA clone to a parody is a genius. They're not quite as refined as Rockstar's games, but they make up for it by being completely madcap. There was a point when I was strolling down a street, fighting off mutant gang members, while waiting for my spaceship to land (piloted by a ninja) that I realised "Why the hell did I spend so much time doing that yoga minigame in GTA V?"

Another thing: I wish there were more comic villains in games -- I love how the main bad guy in SR4 hosts his own classical radio show and occasionally takes a break to read Shakespeare and Jane Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
      I've been playing Saints Row 3 and 4 back to back. Whoever decided to turn these games from a GTA clone to a parody is a genius. They're not quite as refined as Rockstar's games, but they make up for it by being completely madcap. There was a point when I was strolling down a street, fighting off mutant gang members, while waiting for my spaceship to land (piloted by a ninja) that I realised "Why the hell did I spend so much time doing that yoga minigame in GTA V?"
      Ah, I know exactly what you mean. Those games were just too much fun. Whenever I'm in the mood for a good laugh, I just launch one of those two games and you just know you'll break a smile before long under the pressure of immense silliness. Not putting down GTA V - the game is really well done. Love the chaotic multiplayer. But as far as extreme silly goes, SR is the way to go.
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Finished Watch Dogs by 86 percent. What is left till 100 is some online stuff (played a bit yesterday - it's pretty-good) and small pointless side games (chess, drinking game etc.) Not sure I'll make it to 100 - the plan is to play today only and give the game to someone I know owning PS4. After finishing the game I can say it's a bit better than I said it was last time - 7 out of 10 points. Not sure what's next - it's either finishing Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes or starting something new (on PS4 or Vita).
        If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

I'm playing through Half-Life 2 again, hoping that by the time I get through everything, Valve will be ready to announce Half-Life 3
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Skullgirls!

It's an indie fighting game on steam & consoles. It looks absolutely gorgeous, the music is amazing, and plays even better. The roster is small (8 + 2 dlc characters), compared to most fighting games, but in a way that actually works in it's favour, because it's not like Tekken or MvC where you have to learn how to defend against 48+ fighting styles. Each character has a unique style, and you actually want to learn each one. It's just fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
              Skullgirls!

It's an indie fighting game on steam & consoles. It looks absolutely gorgeous, the music is amazing, and plays even better. The roster is small (8 + 2 dlc characters), compared to most fighting games, but in a way that actually works in it's favour, because it's not like Tekken or MvC where you have to learn how to defend against 48+ fighting styles. Each character has a unique style, and you actually want to learn each one. It's just fun to play.
              Yeah I went over to one of my mate's places when this came out for the 360 originally and bought it with my CC on his system so we could play it for a whole day. It is such an AWESOME super competitive ultra deep fighting game. The tutorial is totally waaaaay more extensive than I was expecting and you get into this wicked attack/counter play styles when you both understand how the combat mechanics work. It truly is a remarkable game.
              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Due to Steam Sales:

Planet Explorers - Early Access:
                Played ~8 hrs into the story mode. This game is like if Minecraft had babies with a 3rd person alien planet shooter that I can't think of... um... it's prettty damn epic in terms of what its aiming to achieve and fully engrossing in what is there already. So so awesome to make your own guns and jeeps and helicopters and stuff and then take on the alien lifeforms and explore more of the planet. Only into the second zone and it seems like there's quite a few more different ecosystems I'm yet to see.

Saints Row IV:
                I don't buy these games on release as they usually look like they're going to be lame, and I know there's always 10,000 pieces of DLC. So when you can grab absolutely everything for almost nothing off of Steam that's my chance to jump on board. Well all I can say is I loaded it up and launched it after buying it on a whim, and then was fully engrossed and forget about the rest of the world while I just sat day and laughed along to this game for 3 days (24 hrs playtime) to finish the whole thing. Some absolutely ridiculous moments in this game and totally is a giant satire on the open world genre and some other games too (Mass Effect, etc.) as well as showcasing some beautifully / tears of laughters music moments sync'd into what you are actually doing in game. Definitely a game that does not take itself seriously, and that I'm sure the Devs had a great time making.

XCOM Enemy Within (the expansion):
                Well I didn't pick up the expansion when it originally came out as I had already logged ~150hrs into the original base game and sort of burnt myself out on it. Well this expansion is waaaaaaaaaaay better than I was expecting. Really fixes my only annoyance with the original despite considering it a 9.5/10 as the base game. That is that the repetition / mission flow is more varied and interesting this time around. Wow. Playing with just my pistol and rampaging through those goons just puts a sweet spin on things and I love it all over again! I also find that the meld makes me have to rush through maps a little more which causes me to extend my troops a little more, creating very interesting situations. And just WOW that Chrysalid map... OMG was that horrifying and can I just say that on Classic mode first go around I got my team out, unscathed, but it was soooo damn close. 1 turn from complete failure. My assault with those close combat automatic shotgun kills saved that day multiple times.
                Last edited by yogibbear; 06-30-2014, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Got finally back to Killzone: Shadow Fall (played 1 level only when I bought the console last year) and finished 3 or 4 chapters. The game is quite good and challenging (health doesn't restore too quickly). Also started playing Resistance: Burning Skies on Vita. Finished 2 arcades on PS4 before these 2 (Contrast and Stick It To The Man). Looks like I have around 5 games for PS4 left and 7-9 for Vita. Luckily, one of pre-orders is coming in 2 weeks...
                  If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Dishonored, still playing, looks very good and I like the atmosphere.
                    Also the gameplay is really good, reminds me of Bioshock and Assassins Creed.
                    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Dishonored is really great -- Blink is such an awesome ability.

I'm currently re-playing Bayonetta, trying to learn what I can about how Platinum make action games.

Comment

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action.

Has been sitting around in my steam library for years now and I hadn't bothered to get past the first mission after hating the ability to see the entire map and all enemies from the get go. Anyway I loaded it up and low and behold one of the patches it received added a Fog of War / Tactical Line of Sight Option at the start of the game. Sadly I'm now 25 hrs into the campaign and LOVING THE HELL OUT OF IT. Tactically it fixed all my problems with my first hour and now it's a lot better.

Comment

WRC 4 for Vita - completed everything you can there. Not if it's great game - just played a bit almost daily for a few weeks.

Started playing Last Of Us: Remastered on PS4. Now I know why it got over 200 awards.

Comment

Bravely Default. Haven't played many JRPG's in a while. Except that Inazuma awfulness... Bravely Default good, Inazuma bad. I wish there's an island where you could battle a log, Smiley face.

Zelda Windwaker HD. I'm so regretting not buying Gamecube, or begging for money from my parents to buy one. Dumb teenage me and my that looks childish, bullshit! Here's hoping for more gamecube games for Wii U.

Borderlands 2. Kinda fun in the beginning, then just gets repetitive and boring...

Wolfenstein: The New Order. I love Starbreeze. The Darkness is one of my all time favorites. This didn't connect with me so much, but I must say. That weird german duo, was fantasticly disturbing and awful in a good way. Maybe I'm just done with shooters.
                            I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Finished Last Of Us: Remastered and its single player DLC. What can I say - that was a masterpiece. I even started playing it once again, but after 2 chapters realized that I remember everything too well - may give it a try some time later.

Got back to Killzone: Shadow Fall. Couldn't finish it since last year - when I got my PS4. Not if it's horrible - just always played something else. Now I'm on the 7th chapter - guess the end is near.

Comment

I just finished The Walking Dead, Season 2, and The Wolf Among Us. I won't post any spoilers, but I thought they were both fantastic - TellTale are really hitting their stride with these games.

Comment

Working...
                                X