What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Dead Rising 3 on PC. Up to chapter 5. It's pretty damn fun. Though not amazingly compelling. If you enjoyed Dead Rising 2, then this is a good game for you, but it doesn't really have a good deal of hooks beyond insane amounts of ways to gruesomely destroy hoards of zombies. So ok it does have one big hook, but it doesn't have lots of other little hooks. The drop-in/out co-op is neat and not having to deal with GFWL this time around makes everything awesome.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Finished Dead Rising 3.

Yep. It didn't really get any better than previous post. But I'm done with it and it was worth the money, but nothing special or memorable. Though 2014 has been a pretty slow year for new games... and I've been slowly working my way through a bunch of 2013 & Steam Sales games that I didn't finish yet. I feel like starting my first ever playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 4 next.... or I might go back and finish off Dark Souls 2...

Actually I forgot to mention I'm also playing Fire Emblem: Awakening on my 3DS and WOW! This game is epic and addicting for how simple it really is. I am loving it. A good relaxing Turn-based party RPG. Perhaps about 16 hrs into it from memory.
      Last edited by yogibbear; 09-15-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Finished Dark Souls 2.

No spoilers in any of this, just my end gear for a quality/dex/curved great sword build I guess you'd call it:

Put it on hold for a while there after I'd first gotten to Shrine of Amana. Then decided to roll through the rest of the game in ~5 hrs or so. Completed absolutely everything & did a little NG+ too.

Wow those last 5-6 levels were absolutely amazing. I swear it felt like the game was designed in reverse direction. Whereas a lot of games usually feel like only the starting area is awesome, and by the end most games turn into a blank canvas/corridor. Not in Dark Souls!

Grabbed a bunch of all the best stuff (got all boss souls and traded them in for sweet sweet weapons) and stocked up on everything ahead of NG+. Though I think I will go try and knock off another game first and come back when the third DLC is out.
        Last edited by yogibbear; 09-15-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Congrats, I beat it this weekend as well. I had a dex build for most of the game, but had to respec for one of the optional bosses. After that, I bumped my str up to a quality build so I could use the greatsword. Maybe I'll post my end-game stats when I get home from work.

With all bosses down and most of the enemies despawned, I'm just milling about with the PvP covenants. I'm not sure whether to wait for the DLC (I'm hoping they figure out the season pass nonsense), or jump into NG+.

>>>I swear it felt like the game was designed in reverse direction.

I know what you mean, as good as the gameplay is, the presentation does feels a tad rushed/unfinished in places -- there's a part in the forest, where you look at the horizon and see about two dozen n64 style cardboard trees. In some areas the skybox doesn't load half the time. It doesn't look terrible, but some areas could have done with a few more months polish. Publisher pressure maybe?

Comment

I finished with something like:

+29 Vig
            +21 End
            +23 Vit
            +16 Attun
            +30 Str
            +32 Dex
            +28 Adapt
            +24 Int
            +5 Faith

With Fire Murakamo +10 / Alonne Knight Leggings & Gloves +10 / Penal Jacket (sp?) +5 / Veldstat Helm (sp?) +5 / Drakekeepers Shield +10 / Sorcer's Catalyst +10 / Pyromancy Flame +10 / Dragonrider Bow +3

Once I get my Dex and Adapt both to +40 in NG+, then I'll start working on Faith so I can uses Hexes and Lightning Spears as well to round out my quality build.

Other weapons that I want to use when my Dex gets higher is a bit more of my +5 Arc Greatsword (has an A in Dex) & the Curved Dragon Greatsword (only at +3 atm... didn't have enough Petrified Dragon Bone) (has an S in Dex) you make from the ancient dragon or whatever soul it is in lategame.
            http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.co...gon+Greatsword

In NG+ that ring with dark/fire/magic/lightning DEF from that guy in Aldia's Keep that you can get for doing his sidequest is pretty epic and blocking all the spells. Feels waaaaay OP right now. In the first two hours I have cleared Pursuer, Last Giant, & Heide's Tower (both bosses).

Then I have a feeling at some point I'll start rolling the Ruler Sword once I can handle running around with 1 million souls.
            Last edited by yogibbear; 09-15-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Finished Lifeless Planet.

Nice little (3.5 hrs) gem of an experience. There's lots of other cool photos I could show but they probably enter the spoiler zone.

Hm... what to play next? (I'm in clearing backlog mode)
              Last edited by yogibbear; 09-16-2014, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Since my last post:
                1. Finished Killzone: Shadow Fall. Really pretty, but quite boring game.
                2. Started and finished CounterSpy. It was OK.
                3. Started and finished Child of Light. Really liked it.
                4. Started playing Trine 2 on PS4 in 3D. It looks fantastic.

Also pre-ordered a few more PS4 games since only have 2 retail games left. And a few downloadable ones, as usual.
                If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

I beat the final boss in DS2 and most of the game with:
                  VGR 40; END 25; VIT 29; ATN 13; STR 22; DEX 40; ADP 36; INT 25; FTH 8

Primary weapons were Pate's Spear (swapped out for the Partizan late game due to more flexible moveset), Ricard's Rapier, and the sorcerers staff for mid-range problem solving/weapon buffs.

Armour was virtually the same as what I used in DS1 - black leather armour + manikin mask, interchanging with Vengarl's set when needed. Probably not the most optimal gear, but the best light gear I could find that works well with different weapon configurations, and still supports a good roll.

So here's my endgame character, ready for dlc/ng+:

Turns out I died 356 times

Comment

Metro Last Light Redux on PS4

Comment

I knew it wasn't really a great game, but played Murdered: Soul Suspect on PS4. Finished it and started paying Infamous: First Light (70% complete).

Since I cancelled my Driveclub pre-order - AC: Black Flag is probably next.
                      If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

AC: Black Flag was actually quite nice. Sailing in the open waters was fun and the main character suited me better, because I don't like either Assassins or the Templars. Still, It's a AC game so at some point it got boring. Good in small portions.

Well I've played the following

Bayonetta 2 demo. Platinum guality...so..great!

Hyrule Warriors: Relaxing after a shitty day of work. Not that great, but you really don't have to use your brains to play it, so it has some merits.

Bravely Default: Maybe a small spoiler, but slaying the same bosses over and over again gets really annoying. So really repetetive. It was great in the beginning, but falls appart towards the end. I don't even know if I'm very close to the end and I REALLY want it to end already! The battle system is still great though.
                        I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Shadow of Mordor - 6 hrs in. Pretty fun game. Maybe a tad too easy and not that involved? (Though I'm still fairly early into things I think).

DOTA 2 - 6.82 - what's old (after 1200 hrs) is NEW AGAIN!

Defence Grid 2: needed something to play while Shadow of Mordor downloaded in the background (Steam was doing <1MB/sec so it took a while). Fun little side diversion.

Comment

I'm playing Watchdogs on the XONE. The game is good, but it gets old after a while, I guess they will make improvements for the sequel like Ubisoft did with the AC series. The game map is not so big but is big enough to discover locations and see different areas. The characters are cliche as hell, seriously a female hacker with tatoos? Seriously? She is hot though...

Also Titanfall on the XBOX ONE its fine I guess, I wouldn't call it a COD killer or anything like that but is refreshing at least. If I had some friends to play with it would be fun.

Other game I was planning on buying was Destiny but everyone has been telling me it's lame, I was expecting something with a good lore and story but it seems it is just a Borderlands type of game.
                            Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                            Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Finished Shadow of Mordor.

Some really fun aspects to the game but overall it kind of bored me to the end and it only took 15 hrs to finish it including doing a bunch of optional stuff. Basically it was great, but the ending kind of was a let down.

Now I don't know whether to hit up my backlog now or go play Alien Isolation. :/ Hm....

Comment

The Evil Within (Xbox 360): Well, the game doesn't do things slowly. There's no building up on horror, but the imagery is so disturbing from time to time that I was tensed up most of the time. If you are planning on getting the game there's a lot of WTF moments.
                                There's no real character build up either...(sad face). I'd say there is some survival elements, but I wouldn't call this survival horror like some people. Escpecially the end portion is all about shooting uglies....and weird stuff.
                                If you like disturbing ugly monsters. Get this game.
                                I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Working...
                                X