What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

In other news, Hotline Miami 2 banned in Aus. Great... Just great. Thanks o glorious overlords that is the ACB that I must every year or so find a way to procure that which is illegal in my country. Presumably a simple VPN, or GOG or a key reseller will help me out of my misery. I was going to buy the special edition though which comes with a key to d/l off steam along with some vinyls of the game music so should still presumably work. I just don't understand how a game as openly obvious about its themes and story, and so unrealistic would be the game that gets banned amidst a bunch of other games that had surprising content (nothing wrong with them, just thought we'd moved on because older games with the same content got bans). We've got the R18+ rating now, it seems that this was a lie and the definitions of R18+ in films/movies/music are different to games so it's made zero difference. I expect the scene to be contextually beautiful and intentionally confronting.

Last year it was South Park: the Stick of Truth. Which was an absolute joke. I wonder what other 2015 titles will be impacted.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Up to Chapter 9 in the Evil Within.

Oh man I don't like this chapter.... bloody Ruvik chases you and he's invincible and kills you in 1 shot. If you like high tension pumping music coming on randomly while you're trying to sneak kill a "zombie" thing and then going to hide under a bed and listening to music going "THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD" like a nightmare heartbeat DJ trance as you see Ruvik's feet approaching your location... Not fun! BUT I WANT MOAR!

Comment

Finally got my hands on Skyrim, which I know is older but as the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers. It's the resale shop for me! Anyway, the environment is gorgeous! I have always loved the Elder Scrolls games ever since Morrowind. I've always played a Khajit warrior, but this time I've managed to become a pretty decent archer. It never ceases to amaze me how perfect the music is. It's never annoying, always soothing, yet never puts you to sleep. I love the chanting in this version. And of course you get to slay dragons! How cool is that? I'm also very impressed by the depth of the storyline. Whoever came up with the idea to leave history books and the like lying around everywhere is a genius. And yet it's all arbitrary. It's rare for me to want finish every little quest I run across, but it is so much fun!
        Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
        -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Recently? Uhh... I've been playing original Max Payne, finally finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare and I've also been playing some Sonic games. Also Alan Wake's video commentary mode. As much as I love the idea, I gotta say, the small video clips get annoying from time to time, especially when enemies spawn together with it.
          The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Well, quite a few updates since last time. After finishing rather boring Battlefiled 4 campaign on my PS4 bought Watch Dogs again just to play Bad Blood DLC. It was way better that the original game in my opinion. Then finished Never Alone - can't say it's on par with games like Limbo, but was still good to play. The unwrapped Wolfenstein: New Order - this is the next game I will finish.

And ordered 5 or 6 games for Xbox One that I don't have. I know people usually buy either PS or Xbox, but knowing that Quantum Break will come and occasionally missing my Xbox 360 with Kinect - decided I want Kinect again with access to some exclusives as a bonus. Obviously will play multi-platform titles on PS4. 1080p is always better
            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

~ Life Is Strange ~

A highly atmospheric, interactive, mysterious college life story.

Music is excellent, interactivity is believable, art style is impressionistic. Very detailed.

The main catch or the selling point of this game - it's possible to rewind time and pick another path if the current choice turned out to be quite disastrous - by the lead female protagonist who came here to study photography.

I see influences of Alan Wake (in terms of the lighthouse) and The Walking Dead (choices).

Already waiting for the episode 2, set to be released in March 2015

Somehow I got hyped

The atmosphere, college life nostalgia, and the desire to explore everything... seems to me the strongest parts of this game.

A very unexpected discovery this weekend. A nice one

Steam says user reviews are "overwhelmingly positive" - 96% of positive recommendations.

I agree

Comment

What I've heard is that Life is Strange is a great combination of Twin Peaks and Telltale's style of narrative gameplay, so no wonder there are some common denominators. And surprisingly one of Life Is Strange's Lighting Artists is currently working on Quantum Break.

But anyhoo, yes, I really need to check out Life Is Strange. Or at least play any other game than Infamous Second Son or GTA V, as they're the only games I've really played during the past year or so. And of course there's been some thrilling QB gaming sessions, but playing in front of an audience doesn't really count as a pastime hobby.

Comment

Playing Sunless Sea.

On to my 4th captain so far (first two died pretty quick, third died due to 100 nightmare < half a cell from Adam's Way with 2 fuel left and more than 3k echoes... scion died due to Salt curse, so I had to pick between carrying over weapon or money or map... what a horrible choice. Went with weapon.)... Steam says 19 hrs played. Have explored pretty much the entire map and feel pretty comfortable exploring everywhere... but have not upgraded ship yet, so still starter ship with +1500 engines and hellthrasher deck weapon and all the officers. Done a lot of the quests etc, but I struggle to remember where items are and the 40 hold makes it impossible so far for me to stockpile on other useful items... I wish there was a hold back in London to store stuff that I didn't want to fill up my hold with, but that I want to hang onto. Venderbright cook & that Ape island mascot are the best so far I reckon.

Here's a screenshot of closest survival on my 3rd captain (that since then died... awwww...)

Last edited by yogibbear; 02-21-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Wooohooo 26 hrs in. Finally have a new ship with 120 hold space! OMG I did a lap of the whole map and because my crew is larger now, my re-supply cost is waaaaaay higher. Don't rush upgrading!!! Har har. Limped home with 20 echoes and cashed in for 3000 echoes! All my stories are moving forward. Just still stumped in how to get a Judgement Egg asides from spending 10 secrets to do it (which I really don't want to do!). Finished my First Officers questline... now I don't have a first officer

Comment

Finally found a judgement egg for a quest reward, got a new first officer finally as well. Game rocking on. Still surviving on my 4th captain, 30 hrs in and everything is going sweet. Two trips to the surface and back. 6k in the kitty. Just working on finishing off all these stories.

Comment

The Order 1886.

Looks great but everything else was just boring to me.

Wouldnt recommend it to anyone tbh.
                        Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Finished Wolfenstein: New Ordered. Now unwrapped Assassin's Creed: Unity. Haven't touched it for 1+ week though.
                          If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Finished Assassin's Creed: Unity. Was quite a long game I must say - especially considering I wasn't playing too many side missions. All in all I liked it - yeah there were still glitches (I was patient enough to wait for all those patches to be released), but it looked and played really nice - I especially liked that the combat became tougher. In any case I liked Black Flag more.

Not playing through its Dead Kinds DLC. Only on the 1st mission, so hard to say if its worth it. Once done - will start playing Sniper Elite III in 3D. Should be good

Comment

Ori And The Blind Forest.

This game is a masterpiece. The music is very beautiful and fits like a glove. The story will make you cry, and go hug your mother. Gameplay is very fun and solid. Probably the best platformer in a long time. The game is just gorgeous.
                              I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman View Post
                                Ori And The Blind Forest.

This game is a masterpiece. The music is very beautiful and fits like a glove. The story will make you cry, and go hug your mother. Gameplay is very fun and solid. Probably the best platformer in a long time. The game is just gorgeous.
                                So tempted to try this.
                                Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Working...
                                X