What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

And I just finished the Witcher 3 with 99 Hrs played. Was absolutely amazing and one of the most satisfying RPGs I've ever played.

Also started and finished Shadow of the Colossus in one sitting with a friend swapping the controller between ourselves while drinking (neither of us had completed it before [I think I'd gotten to no. 7 once before many years ago]).
    Last edited by yogibbear; 07-10-2015, 07:02 PM.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Playing Legend of Grimrock II.

Good game. Very interesting. Absolutely loved the first one, and this one having a lot of outside areas and less same-y same-y dungeon stuff makes it feels even better. Plus it has the whole hub-open-world-y ness to it so everyone's playthrough could be quite different from each other (in terms of order you go through the game). Haven't finished it yet, so no idea where it's going to go but I'm just up the the Pyramid bit in the Tombs and feel like I should've gone here much earlier but also missed Herder's Den and went straight through to Archives & Sewers at the start.... 3 out of 4 Orbs (Fire, Earth, Water) completed. So presumably pyramids will finish the 4th one off for me.

Nice opening area:

Oh no! These guys are back!

Comment

25 hrs into LoG II:

WooooHoooo into the castle I go!

Comment

I've been playing Her Story. It's rather brilliant - I highly recommend it if you like a good mystery.

Comment

What kind of mystery? Point & click? Action? Exploration? Puzzle? Elaborate man!
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

After unwrapping Alien: Isolation and playing half of the 1st level - wanted something more dynamic. So started playing The Order 1866 that no one liked. I'm on the 3rd chapter only and like it so far. Let's see what happens next.

Looks like I'm in the usual situation when I have 10+ still sealed games and no time to play at all. So now trying to finish shorter games first.
              If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Finished Legend of Grimrock II. Was pretty awesome game TBH.

Was missing 1 Power Gem so didn't do the alternative ending. Watched it on youtube. TBH I would rather there was a third ending where you go complete the alternative bit, but then go back on the zeppelin/balloon ship rather than Spoiler:

Now I started first part of Pillars of Eternity just to see what the game mechanics would be like, but think I'll put it on the backburner while I finish some serious backlogs... as party mechanics are similar enough to LoGII that it doesn't feel completely fresh.

Metal Gear Solid 4
                Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
                Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
                Fallout: New Vegas (yeah I never actually bothered to finish it despite 90+ HRs played)....

Also I just finished my first time through All Hero Challenge in Dota 2 110/110 done. OMG now I can go back and focus on Ranked.
                Last edited by yogibbear; 08-10-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Yogi, my man! I also played Fallout NV through and through, finally. After 160 hours and all the DLC for it known to man I think it was about time.

And as for the Grimrock, I really need to get it going. I still haven't finished the first game, and I'd hope to be already playing the second one. All in good time I suppose.
                  We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Finished The Order: 1866. I must say I liked it in general. Started playing Alien: Isolation and Life is Strange. Looks like I have time for playing today and tomorrow, so will continue with these 2.
                    If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Alien Isolation was my GOTY of 2014, so get on moar of dat!

Comment

It surely is impressive. I'm only on the 4th mission and already have difficulties. My goal is to finish it without being noticed once. Maybe I'm pervert, but this is how I try to beat stealthy games. Will continue in the evening so I can go to work with those lovely red eyes tomorrow again.

Comment

I'm up to halfway through Act 3 of MGS4: Guns of the Patriots (which I think is halfway through the whole game). It's sort of fun and not fun all at once. Like I know I suck at the game, so half the time I'm being super sneaky and traq'ing everyone and what not [but as far as a "game" goes I'd say there's no instant gratification for doing this... because it's ages before I see a clear screen that tells me if I did any good], then someone wakes up or someone discover a body and the shit hits the fan and well... then it turns into an action game... or a game of roll under a car and wait 90 seconds...But then it's weird because other parts of the game absolutely want it to be an action game e.g. the APC escape in Act 2. Then it's totally weird how I don't need to buy anything from the gunshop except suppressors and traq ammo, and unlocking some stun grenades. But there's a billion other things to buy that I'll never use.

Having said all that, that game is really really interesting and I'm just picking on the weird bits that I'm not so sure of.
                          Last edited by yogibbear; 08-13-2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

OK being the total weirdo that I am I gave up on Skyrim having accomplished not a lot of anything and dabbled in everything at 55HRs back when it came out a long long time ago on PC. Anyway I finally resolved the issue where I couldn't use the magic menu at the time with a mod conflict and got to playing again... finished the Mage Guild questline and done a bit more of the Dark brotherhood / Thieve's / Stormcloak's questlines. Better game than I remember, though the controls are still totally wonky for fighting compared to pretty much anything else but whatever. Also entering a Dwemer dungeon with 300/370 load is crap, because you know you're leaving like 800 in weight in the dungeon behind of stuff that you could melt down and sell as Dwarven Bows.

Finished Mage Guild.
                            Finished Dark Brotherhood Line.
                            Finished Act I of Main Quest.
                            Finished Thieves Guild Questline (got all the sidequests to do though...)
                            Sided with the Stormcloaks and started liberating cities.
                            Doing a bunch of the Daedric stuff as well.
                            Last edited by yogibbear; 08-18-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Practicing take-off for No Man's Sky in Skyrim:

Comment

Was checking in once every 24HRs on Twitch plays Dark Souls.

Decided to roll a new toon. Went Pyromancer like the stream. Got up to where the stream was within 10 minutes. Got up to the Capra Demon within 1hr of play. Didn't die to anything, none of the bosses. The funny thing was there were no invasions despite being human as soon as getting to Firelink. I remember when Dark Souls came out it must've taken me 15 HRs to get to the Capra Demon. HAHA.
                                Last edited by yogibbear; 08-22-2015, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X