Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

MOAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Supposably I'm 44% done. Up to Mission 35 mind you so...

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

51% complete.

Then this crap happens:

What the hell Kojima. Oh yah dumb scene of playing in the rain... OK totally contextual within the story and makes perfect sense. Wait.

Comment

After finishing Battlefield: Hardline - started playing Mad Max aaand kind of got lost in its World. Quite many hours spent and most missions are done. But judging by the map - I won't be able to do everything for sure. Don't want to spend 50-70 hours on one game. I like it, I really do. It's not a flawless game, but it's something I enjoy each time I fire it up.
        If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
          What the hell Kojima. Oh yah dumb scene of playing in the rain... OK totally contextual within the story and makes perfect sense. Wait.
          Hey, lemme fix that for you.

Perfect.
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

OCELOT

SNAKE

Perfect! Thanks! I was wondering where the director's cut of this scene was going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
              Hey, lemme fix that for you.

Perfect.
              I need to wash my eyes. With rain. With Heavy Rain. Anything.

Just played through Arkham Knight, 100% through I must add. Might be the first complete playthrough I ever did, and actually felt like it was worth it.

Currently hammering through the Nathan Drake Collection. My only previous experience of the Uncharted series was a random demo level I downloaded on the PS3 back in the day. Dunno if I'm really into the series yet, but still feel excited for Uncharted 4. Hype train choo choo...

Comment

OK I finished MGSV.

REALLY good game. 73 HRs. still going to complete side ops and finish building my base and maybe invade my first FOB, but story wise game is done including listening to all codecs. (Oh and like 3 repeat missions with constraints to go, but got bored and wanted to see the end). And wow, like the last few missions are some of the best in the game both action & story wise, and they take forever to get to. Oooo and I got Hideo Kojima to join my Diamond Dogs!

Last edited by yogibbear; 10-22-2015, 12:17 AM.

Comment

DayZ. Why do I keep playing this crap lol
                  Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

KINGDOM......

Got to day 55 then all my archers froze and stopped firing so I saved and quit...

Comment

Okay I thought I should write a little bit more about the things I've been playing recently.

Obviously as a huge MGS fan I played the fifth game (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain) and while it was good gameplay wise, the story certainly didn't feel like a big closure I thought the series needed. Especially the lack of character interaction and some abysmal design choices (especially Quiet as noted above) made the game a little hard to swallow. Even if the previous games were a bit heavy on the cutscene department, now it is the other way around: there is way too little exposition.

Ther first three games are still some of my favorite games and it's sad to see that the following games have not met my expectations. From MGS 4 foward the series has been disappointing for me. I think it lost something along the way: perhaps it was the way the story was presented or the abundant fan-service. It's a well made stealth game, but it's certainly not a good MGS game. The music is still good and it looks fantastic. Would still recommend it for a die-hard fan.

Now another game I played was SOMA. I have been a huge Frictional Games fan since 2006 when they released the first Penumbra tech-demo featuring great graphical effects such as motion blur and unrivaled physics interaction. SOMA continues the great track record and really shows that the developers can tell a story. I really liked the philosophical questions the game presented and the atmosphere was really phenomenal. I think it hasn't made as big of an impact as Amnesia did back in 2010, but let's be honest its near impossible to pass the mark that game did to the genre. The ending was good, but I think it would have benefited if it was just a little bit slower. The credits just start scrolling and for me that felt jarring (I always liked slower endings). For any horror/sci-fi fan I would definitely recommend this game.

Now the next three games certainly delivered as far as endings are considered and they certainly had a big impact on me.

First there is The Beginner's Guide, which is kinda like a video game made documentary-style about a guy narrating someone's games. It's a very interesting way of telling a story. The game is made by one of the designers of Stanley Parable. Without spoiling the experience, I highly recommend this game: it's only 1 hour long and if that is still too much, at least watch it on YouTube at some point. It surely had an impact on me.

I also finally finished Life is Strange too and the game really lived up to its name. I remember originally seeing the first trailer for this game last year. I thought that after the release of Remember Me, the company would not be able to recover, but DONTNOD has certainly proven me wrong: they have made an incredible experience. It is such a unique game with lovable and memorable cast and the story has been tackling some unique issues that many games do not even try. Some plot points are never really opened, but then again maybe they shouldn't be: after all Life is Strange.

Lastly but certainly not least is a game I just finished and as far as amongst these titles definitely the most surprising title. I haven't had an experience this memorable since I was a child. The game is obviously Undertale and its been making headlines all over the internet in the span of last few weeks. It certainly deserves it.

The game mechanics are really interesting: combining basic RPG elements with not-so-standard SHMUP bullet hell mechanics and an unique combat elements (such as the ability to spare anyone). The constant fourth wall breaking moments and multiple ways the game defies player's expectations make this one a title to be remembered. It's all tied up with a memorable cast of characters and soundtrack that kicks ass. After the credits stopped rolling I knew that this game was going to be remember for many years to come. Undertale is a remarkable title, especially when you consider that the game is coming from a single guy without any experience in game development.

Trying to go more deeply into the story or the gameplay would be a disservice to it: this has to be experienced. It doesn't matter if you are a RPG-fan or not: it's just something unlike anything else on the market and definitely worth your money or at least play the demo. Undertale is my current favorite game of 2015 and I hope that it's going to be getting some recognition at the end of this year.
                      KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Life Is Strange

Impressionistic art style is my favorite in this game.

Also the fact that it's very close to the real life - a rare thing in games. Daily situations of acceptance, friendship building, certain forms of abuse. The academy, the college, the university... Reminds me the pictures that are "filled with good old times" (c) Lovable.

Lots of heavy references to Twin Peaks. Especially in the last episode that effectively turns everything upside down. Indirect references to Alan Wake - the lighthouse / Max Payne - the dream sequences. The fourth wall destruction - similar to Spec Ops: The Line.

My favorites were Episodes 2 & 3. Genuine "ouch" moments... Handling the situations that are very close to real life. Contemplating for half an hour how to navigate the verbal mine field of sensitive subjects. And then feeling crushed for several days no matter what... because of the one detail missed. The soft tones of the beginning of Episode 4...

The certain surreal parts of Episode 5 - that snow globe...

::

The journey has already ended. Sigh. I can only hope the French studio Dontnod will create something similar in the future again. Because this is pure art - where the game in its entirety is more than just the sum of its parts.

Fantastic music, by the way Including excellent voice acting.

Comment

Just started playing SOMA like some of you, only an hour in, but already pretty cool game as usual from the masters of this sort of thing. Got freaked out...

...so decided to finally buy a couple (ahem! a LOT) of Hearthstone packs so that I could actually build a semi-reasonable deck and now I'm hooked. Asides from that still playing the odd game of DOTA2. Anyway Hearthstone is awesome, but servers are down at the moment and was working my way through Blackrock Mountain for the last couple of cards I need for Dragon Priest deck to be tried out. Already got an awesome Midrange Hunter rocking, a Zoolock deck that got me from Rank 25 to 13. But have terrible card draw with the Hunter deck so I seem to always lose to Secret Paladin, Midrange Druid and some sort of Hybrid Freeze Mage / Control Mage decks that just outlast me and then I can't draw fast enough to use my mana to finish them off when they're on like < 5 health. Zoolock also started to lose to Control Warrior and Face Paladin or whatever it must be called.

Comment

Finished SOMA. Oh it was GOOOOOD. Short but sweet. Like 10hrs or so.

Now I'm replaying Fallout New Vegas, because well... I put like 50 hrs into it back in 2010 but never finished it like at all... just did a LOT of side quests.

Anyway, vanilla at 2560x1440, [then downscaled in stupid image websites] looks pretty funny... haha:

Last edited by yogibbear; 10-31-2015, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Oh YEAHHHHHHHH it's here baby!

Comment

• Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - done! It sure had its moments, but got repetitive really fast (not unlike a certain psychological thriller game, ehrmm...). Nevertheless great writing and acting, and of course top notch cinematics.

As if watching Mr. Drake fall into the abyss a couple millions times wasn't enough, I ended up continuing my gaming marathon sessions with Rise of the Tomb Raider. So far it's been Uncharted + animals + shivering - humour.

Comment

Working...
                                X