What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

I've been playing Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights. I've also scratched the surface of Battlefield: Bad Company. Along with Stranglehold, those are the three games I got during the Christmas season.

I haven't played the first of the Juiced games, so I don't know how it is. But from what I have experienced at the second installment, the game is much alike what you expect to find in the current flow of Need For Speed-games. It's all about tuning cars, racing (including drifting, but not drag here), hot chicks that I just don't see why they have put there at times and getting the hottest car with each new league you unlock.
    I'm currently in posession of the Köenigzegg CCX (yeah I still don't know how to correctly spell Köen...!), but it's a deathly fast car. Which some of us fast-car gamers already know from Need For Speed Undercover (at least).

I'm not getting into Bad Company since I haven't REALLY started playing it yet. It'll have to wait till I'm done with Juiced 2. And then I'll play Stranglehold whenever I have nothing better to do with my spare time, which is rearer and rearer these days. It just seems so... pointless. There's tons of action and shooting and somewhat cool nifties you can do, but WHAT THE HELL!? It's JUST that! I guess I could have expected just this from John Woo, I suppose. I have seen plenty of his movies.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
      And then I'll play Stranglehold whenever I have nothing better to do with my spare time, which is rearer and rearer these days. It just seems so... pointless. There's tons of action and shooting and somewhat cool nifties you can do, but WHAT THE HELL!? It's JUST that! I guess I could have expected just this from John Woo, I suppose. I have seen plenty of his movies.
      C'mon, Hardboiled had a story. With guns, or something...?

Let me know how Bad Company is. I've heard too much of both sides on this one.
      "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

Lately, Littlebigplanet...and I'll soon start Mass Effect. Neither is really my type of game but, they've sparked my interest.

Comment

Got GTA IV PC for christmas so i've been occasionally playing that.

Also got Left 4 Dead, which i only started the other day, and MY GOD its good. At first glimpse i thought it couldn't be that good, but i wanted it anyway because the developers at Valve are very good. Then i started playing online, and its fantastic. Its all about teamwork, which is great. Sure, there are some right noobs who go on their own and expect to be revived and patched up with your own medkit, but its funny asking the other guys hanging with you whether you want to bail on him lol.

Comment

Been playing GTA4 as well, got to say I love it despite the relatively poor port (only optimization is a problem), very addicting, and a great stress reliever to just go on a rampage for the heck of it. XD

Also playing Left 4 Dead, it really is that good. Playing online, last level Blood Harvest on expert. Dug in upstairs, all the doors closed, gun trained at the entrance at the bottom of the stairs. Trigger the horde, the distant screams of the infected growing louder. I'm actually sweating while we wait for the inevitable. The cracking of wood and breaking glass adding to the ever louder screams.... Then the door beside me explodes outward and I am face to face with some screeching, clawing undead girl ready to tear my face off... That will go down as one of my top gaming moments, and it was my very first time playing Left 4 Dead. XD

Comment

GTA4 is right up there with Resident Evil 4 amongst poorest PC ports I've ever experienced. But, like RE4, the struggle is worth it. Eventually, I look forward to replaying this game patched when Niko might be able to throw a grenade confident that it won't bounce back off of some barrier rendered invisible by all the texture dropout.

Comment

I finally finished The Darkness on 360. It's been sitting on my shelf for quite a while and I felt like some good gory FPS action. Great game, interesting story and amazing atmosphere.

Didn't really like the ending though, left it a bit too short.. now I can't wait for the sequel.

Comment

Silent Hill Origins was the last on my list it was short but simply amazing now im workin on Alone in The Dark but im stuck and this game nowhere near as fun as SH0 and ive found so many glitches in it im losing interest plus the puzzles in it are a bit confusing so much that it is essential that you go over every detail and have a head for remembering what people say so overall so far im just interested in the whole fighting scheme and enviroment which is nice

Comment

Originally posted by LastSurvivor View Post
                    Silent Hill Origins was the last on my list it was short but simply amazing now im workin on Alone in The Dark but im stuck and this game nowhere near as fun as SH0 and ive found so many glitches in it im losing interest plus the puzzles in it are a bit confusing so much that it is essential that you go over every detail and have a head for remembering what people say so overall so far im just interested in the whole fighting scheme and enviroment which is nice
                    Yeah man. Alone in the dark (2008 game developed by Atari) was weird. Don't get me wrong, there were certain parts which were great, and i found parts of the story quite compelling. But the odd controls and inventory interface was slightly akward, the incredible glitches have stopped me literally from finishing the game, and there was that odd sense that the game hadn't really been polished completely. Nice to see though that they're addressing the problems for the PS3 port thats soon to come out.

Originally posted by Darkness62 View Post
                    Been playing GTA4 as well, got to say I love it despite the relatively poor port (only optimization is a problem), very addicting, and a great stress reliever to just go on a rampage for the heck of it. XD

Also playing Left 4 Dead, it really is that good. Playing online, last level Blood Harvest on expert. Dug in upstairs, all the doors closed, gun trained at the entrance at the bottom of the stairs. Trigger the horde, the distant screams of the infected growing louder. I'm actually sweating while we wait for the inevitable. The cracking of wood and breaking glass adding to the ever louder screams.... Then the door beside me explodes outward and I am face to face with some screeching, clawing undead girl ready to tear my face off... That will go down as one of my top gaming moments, and it was my very first time playing Left 4 Dead. XD
                    Totally - never enjoyed a multiplayer game as much as this. As much as i love counter strike and such, the strong focus on teamwork and incredible thought really shows in Left 4 Dead. I could be wrong - i've only been playing for about 4-5 days or so, but god DAMN this is good. I got it at christmas, but you see i was too s**t scared to see what it was like. I seriously reccomend it. The quotes stay with you as well, like 'the witch - turn those lights OFF', and the character Francis, who feels as he hates everything, he must announce what he hates every time he meets something - like 'i hate stairs' 'i hate vans' and 'i hate small towns'.

Comment

Revisiting a few classics at the moment - playing through Theme Hospital and BioMenace.
                      Remedy's currently known projects:
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I've started playing Battlefield: Bad Company more actively now, and I have to admitt, it's quite fun. The graphics are alright, but the true art of this game lies with the ammount of destruction. Oh hell yeah! You can pretty much blow up everything! (well, appart from mountains, rivers and such... but blowing up house after house and then some cars is A LOT of fun!). The controls are easy and you quickly get used to them. It can be very fast pased at times, but you still feel like you're on top of the situation, even if you have a batallion of emenies bearing down on you at once.
                        The ammount of destruction and destructable potentional puts a huge boyish grin every time I whip out a heavy explosive weapon (grenades, bazooka, or one of them neat gadgets that calls for rain of bombs being dropped from the sky).

Another fun part, the one that drives the grin unto a giggle, or a chuckle, or even a laugh, is the humour. You play as "The New Guy" in the Bad Company, a group of low life scumbags that has been sent to serve the country in the battlefield instead of wasting time in jail. On your team you have an explosive expert, whom selv proclaimed only likes to blow stuff up. Your Sargeant is like a regular B.A. Baraccus, always ready to kill some Russians and threaten the team members that doesn't stick to his plans. And with funny comments along the way like "Yeah, I remember blowing up my first tank. Oooooh boooy!" and "Is that the new dispatch girl? She's got a sweet voice. Tell her I said hi!", it just cracks you up.

I haven't even gotten all that far into the game yet, but I already like it. It's like an FPS that doesn't take itself too seriously, and therefore succeeds. There are too many FPS' out there that tries too damn hard to be all serious and realistic. This doesn't. It plays on humour and blowing stuff up, and THAT works! I love it!

Is it worth the go? Yes. If you are looking for some fun times of gameplay with explotions, witty comments, hilarious radio stations in drivable veichles and fast paced action, you're in for a treat.
                        If you are looking for a sensible game that either takes you into reality, or far from it, serving you a deep and emotional story that can make you cry, and laugh, and feel joy, or even love... Then go look somewhere else. This is fun, fun and more fun. And that's all it is. Fun. Lots of it.

Thumbs up from me!
                        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I downloaded the Bad Company demo for 360 and I loved it, I was thinking on buying it, specialy for the online multiplayer. But I have COD 4 and I play it a lot, also gears 2, and well, with this 2 games I have a lot to play, but I'll give Bad Company a shot!
                          Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                          Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Yeah, I have just barely started exploring the multiplayer part of the game, and it's fun. Entered my first match last night and I won! Well, my team won... But I helped!

I can't say too much about it yet, but it really is a lot of fun.

Comment

My last finished game was Fable2. that was amazing but when I think about Fable1, gotta say the first one was in a higher level. the Storyline of Fable1 was greater and deeper. I give the Fable 1 a 9/10 score and the second a 8.5/10. However I like the peter molyneux ideas.

Now I,m waiting for Silent Hill PAL while I,m Eradicating the Lucost HORD
                              Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

My last game is Texas Hold em Poker on Facebook it is better than Uncharted, MGS 4, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Comment

Working...
                                X