Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
    I think you're in the majority actually, but so far I'm enjoying it.
    Actually, WW is very well-recieved amongst LoZ fans. Twilight Princess is the one that gets ridiculous amounts of hate (I hate TP as well).

Speaking of Zelda, I just finished Phantom Hourglass for DS a few weeks back. Now, that's a Zelda that gets a lot of hate that I don't understand. Yeah, the Temple of the Ocean King is terrible and annpying as hell, but overall it's pretty damn good portable follow-up to WW. Much better than the awful TP. Oh, and I've never played a game that takes so much advantage of its hardware. It brilliantly uses the DS's stylus control scheme like nothing else. One of the most unique games I've ever controlled.

Right now, I'm playing LoZ: The Minish Cap for GBA. I haven't finished it, but I can already say, this is the best handheld Zelda by far. Man is it good.
    I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Actually, WW is very well-recieved amongst LoZ fans. Twilight Princess is the one that gets ridiculous amounts of hate (I hate TP as well).
      So I've fallen with the mainstream opinion again? Noooooo....

I'll have to check out Minish Cap some day -- Link's Awakening is still by far my favourite of the series (but it was also the first RPG/Adventure I played, and that counts for everything).

I'm currently playing Wind Waker (obviously); Tekken 5 - up to Shihan with Kazuya; and I'm just about to polish off the first chapter of NWN.

Comment

I've been playing Braid.. it's quite difficult but wow are the puzzles very well done. The manipulation of time is just executed incredibly well, great game design that's for sure.

You all must play it.. it's on Steam as well as the 360.

http://braid-game.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bstarter29 View Post
          I found Twilight Princess to be awesome. Wind Waker was the one I didn't like. Not Majora's Mask either. There are basically three Zelda-games I truly like;
          - A Link to the Past
          - Ocarina of Time
          - Twilight Princess'

Anyways, completed Resistance: Fall of Man. I have no moved over to Resistance 2. Resistance 2 seems to have slightly better graphics, upgraded arsenal and better sceneries you're fighting in (well, new, but also better yeah). I'm still enjoying the story. The second game picks up right where the first one ends.
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Spider-man: web of shadows

its game for fans of spidey, but am not sure if its game for mainstream, not very interesting, but yeah there are some new things that werent in previous spiderman games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
              I found Twilight Princess to be awesome. Wind Waker was the one I didn't like. Not Majora's Mask either. There are basically three Zelda-games I truly like;
              - A Link to the Past
              - Ocarina of Time
              - Twilight Princess'

I just didn't like TP. It was such a disappointment for me. I'll admit coming after WW (my favorite LoZ), and expecting better things was a mistake on my part because I hold WW in the highest regard. TP just felt like it was trying to duplicate the epicness of OoT (I hold this one right up there with WW) and be darker than Majora's Mask. Needless to say, I felt it failed miserably on both fronts.
              I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Finished Resistance 2. Now I'm looking forward to Resistance 3.
                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Well, looks like I've fallen back into the Unreal Tournament universe. I've reinstalled and started playing Unreal Tournament 3 again. Fun! :cooler:

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                    Finished Resistance 2. Now I'm looking forward to Resistance 3.
                    I like chicago levels, cinematic when you fight against that "cloverfield" monster

Comment

and I finally beat Fallout 3. 62 Hours total. That is a long ass time, it got tedious after a while. I did enjoy the ride, though.

Comment

Finally finished Braid. Love the twist at the end, even if the game really had no story.

Comment

I recently got Assassin's Creed and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, but haven't been playing them much as I'm always too tired to play Xbox, when I come home.

Comment

I found a store called trade & play or something like that, and I bought a ps1 game there. Soul of the Samurai. I liked it.
                            NEVER FORGET
                            Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                            5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Quake Live.

After several hours of playing, I finally had one of those "In the Zone" moments where I absolutely dominated the match. It's been quite a long time since I've been that focused in a match (Bullet-time has seriously eroded my shooting skills). I was like John Preston -- 'shooting where the enemy is most likely to be, while not being where the enemy is most likely to shoot'.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                                Finally finished Braid. Love the twist at the end, even if the game really had no story.
                                Yeah! The ending was so great! Finished it just now!
                                KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Working...
                                X