Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOTY - 2015 - which game is YOUR game of the year for 2015?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTY - 2015 - which game is YOUR game of the year for 2015?

Game of the Year 2015.

Self explanatory post. Vote for your game of the year for 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not including things like, re-releases, HD remakes, or add-ons. So Destiny: The Taken King, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, Divinity: Original Sin - Director's Cut, Resident Evil: HD Remaster etc. are excluded. Poll is at maximum options so unfortunately things had to be cut and I went for the "obvious" options... sorry if I missed out something that you think is the best, but the option of Other is included for you! =D Grand Theft Auto 5 also came out this year for PC, but will not be included in below options as otherwise it's auto-win.... nah I mean it's just not fair to exclude some other things that came out this year.

TBH I didn't want to include HALO 5 or CODBLOPS3 but... well... if I sort by most popular seems I can't not include them even if I would never play them in my life.

Games that I was sad I couldn't include: Just Cause 3 (because who knows?), Life is Strange, Axiom Verge, Pillars of Eternity.

Now I know some of you might not know what each game is, so for reference:

HALO 5

METAL GEAR SOLID 5: TPP

The Witcher 3

Bloodborne

Super Mario Maker

Undertale

Fallout 4

CODBLOPS3

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

Honourable Mention that couldn't fit in Poll, but is included under "Other":

Life is Strange

HALO 5
    0%
    Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    11.11%
    The Witcher 3
    22.22%
    Bloodborne
    0%
    Super Mario Maker
    0%
    Undertale
    0%
    Fallout 4
    11.11%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
    0%
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
    0%
    Other - why did you not include this game you idiot!!!!! (add in forum post what you voted for)
    55.56%
    Last edited by yogibbear; 12-02-2015, 06:58 PM.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

My GOTY is The Witcher 3. A True Masterpiece.

I also completed Fallout 4, Halo 5 and MGS 5, but those are clearly not better than The Witcher 3 (although they are all great games too!). Can't say anything about the other games, since i did not play them.

My personal honorable mentions:

Killing Floor 2 (still Early access, but already great);
    Dirt Rally (best Codemasters-game since F1 2011)

I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
      Killing Floor 2 (still Early access, but already great);
      Dirt Rally (best Codemasters-game since F1 2011)
      Yeah early access games and kickstarter, as well as racing/sports games are awkward to include in GOTYs. Like I mean has a FIFA/Forza/Gran Turismo/Colin McRae Rally game ever won a GOTY award that wasn't sports only? Also competitive shooters are awkward as well.... e.g. the currently just about to be released Rainbow Six Siege.... really it's a multiplayer only game.... with AI bots. Do you include it if it's only as fun as your friends/random internet peeps make it? (I'm saying this and I'm one of those people that can and did play Counterstrike for like 6 years and then TF2 for 3 years and now DOTA 2 for the last few years...)

Of the list I've personally finished [should be obvious from the screenshots that are clearly mine vs. the interwebs] The Witcher 3, MGSV, Undertale. And am still playing Fallout 4 & The Binding of Isaac Rebirth. (Don't own a XBONE, PS4 or WiiU so can't play the others, except BLOPS3 which doesn't interest me without dedicated servers being a thing like proper dedicated and not hybrid i.e. go back to COD4:MW servers).
      Last edited by yogibbear; 11-30-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

It was very hard choice between Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Halo 5. But then I went with Life is Strange and felt good about it. Little Alan Wake nostalgia there helps a lot.
        My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Finally fixed the YT BB code. My absolute favorite this year was

P.S. yogibbear even though Arkham isn't on the list, you're not an idiot. Thanks for the poll!

Comment

Ori and the Blind Forest.

Loved that game. Will probably do another playthrough again.
            "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
            -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post
              Finally fixed the YT BB code.
              Hahahahahah! I purposefully left all those [yt]'s there hoping you might fix it

Comment

Life Is Strange!!!

The impressionistic simulation of the autumnish college life + solving heavily realistic real world dilemmas.

Talking a person out of suicide, anyone?

It is harder than you think. 50/50 chance, really. You might succeed. Or you might fail miserably. And if you fail - you'll get a real world depression for a week. It was that convincing As if you've lost your own friend

Other devastating dilemmas as well.

It was both artistic and crushing experience at the same time.

Therefore, game of the year!

Comment

I'm cheating and picking two, but none of them are on the poll, so I'm sliding them in under the cover of daylight.

My first one is Life is Strange because... My God, that game is intense. Each episode just carried on the momentum of the previous one and just kept increasing it. There were three memorable decisions in the game which was so beautifully done but... geez, some of those scenes can be surprisingly emotional. More than that, I am haunted by Lisa, whose life was taken so quickly from me. Lisa, there will never be another houseplant like you. Except PottedPlantRMD. He's from the future!

My second one is Rise of the Tomb Raider. I've been a fan of the series for about 15 years now, so I may be slightly biased *shifty look*, but it just feels much more confident than the previous TRs from Crystal Dynamics. Playing that game, it felt as though the developers have really become comfortable with their Lara. Plus I was playing it on the XBOX One and the environments looked absolutely incredible. You can tell that the game has fallen in love with adventure and beautiful vistas. The one main downside I have with the game is the publishing deal. I don't want to get too much into it here because I REALLY don't want to get into it. In short it's a multi-platform series which had a platform-exclusive timed deal, and so there's a lot of frustration and anger in the community. So saying something like "this game is cool, and I like it" or even mentioning you've played it or what console you played it on, almost always leads to an argument.

If I had to pick one.... Life is Strange.
                  RIP Lisa
                  The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Dammit guys.... if I had my life over I'd have swapped out CODBLOPS3 with Life is Strange and anyone crazy enough to want to vote for CODBLOPS could've lined up under Other. At the moment my poll is clearly broken. Anyway Life is Strange is in the lead with 3 votes!

Comment

The only game I bought and which was released this year was GTA V for PC. It would be the third time it'd win the GOTY, so my vote goes to one game I managed to play for good 4 hours when I stole my friend's PS4. It's the one game where you do cool action movie-y stuff and blow shit up.

You know, Just Cause I can.
                      The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by CatoNator View Post
                        The only game I bought and which was released this year was GTA V for PC. It would be the third time it'd win the GOTY, so my vote goes to one game I managed to play for good 4 hours when I stole my friend's PS4. It's the one game where you do cool action movie-y stuff and blow shit up.

You know, Just Cause I can.

Yeah honestly I could never imagine a year in PC gaming where I got to play GTA V, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, MGSV:TPP & Elite Dangerous & Pillars of Eternity & Undertale & Axiom Verge. Year of INSANITY. I just don't want to talk about GTA V on PC because of the ridiculous delay before it was released here.... but it was still one of the best games ever. 2016 looks to be an even better year with Half Life 3, No Man's Sky. Despite this my most play time in HRs was in DOTA 2 and Hearthstone.

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                          Dammit guys.... if I had my life over I'd have swapped out CODBLOPS3 with Life is Strange and anyone crazy enough to want to vote for CODBLOPS could've lined up under Other. At the moment my poll is clearly broken. Anyway Life is Strange is in the lead with 3 votes!
                          Only if you could rewind time... Wait, in Life is Strange you can! It's just that great.

But no worries mate. Thanks for the poll.

My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Sooo.... I just got to play Bloodborne over a few days at a friend's house (as I don't own any of the currrent gen consoles) and honestly it was pretty amazing, finished it in about 20 hrs. Almost wondering if I am forgetting how amazing the Witcher 3 was.... or.... if Bloodborne is my new GOTY.... :/ such a good year OMG.

Comment

Working...
                            X