X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gaming news

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
    Three “big announcements” from Valve in next 12 months

Valve boss Gabe Newell has said the developer has three “big announcements” coming in the next year.

“I can guarantee you people are going to be surprised at stuff we do. That isn’t going to stop any time soon,” Newell told PC Gamer.

“I’m just laughing because… people will be shocked again.”

He added: “We have three pretty big surprises in the next 12 months at least.”

One of them has to be Episode 3...
    Gabe, you fat man give us Episode 3!
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

First Resident Evil 6 info coming “shortly,” says Inafune

Capcom’s Keiji Inafune has said in an interview with a Spanish website[SIZE="1"](Danza/ Cubanito go ahead. google translation sucks)[/SIZE]

“Given the great success that supposed for us Resident Evil 5, we want that Resident Evil 6 leaves as rapidly as possible to the market. In fact, you will shortly have the news of Capcom about this…”
      ------

Jun Takeuchi won't involve in Resi 6 which is a perfect news for me. As it's promised, Resi 6 brings back the fear and the atmosphere of first series. I hope so
      Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Due to the great success that Resident Evil 5 had for us, we want that Resident Evil 5 come out to the market as fast as possible. In fact, you will have news about this from Capcom shortly.

Also he stated that RE6 could use PS Move and maybe Kinect but it won't obligatory to play with them. And again that shortly it will be announced.

Yeah it's something like that in conclusion RE6 is coming out and they will announce it really soon
        Last edited by Danzaiver; 09-02-2010, 02:15 PM.
        Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Oh my lord.

Anything Resident Evil 6 would make me wet. 'Shortly' is effectively 'longer than hell' in excitement speek.

And if Ep3 isn't among those Valve announcements then Gabe has officially gone awol from sane land. The man and his cronies are complete bonkers. I can't stay mad at them though.

L4D3 will totally be among it though, another yearly itteration plox.

Edit> Thanks for the accurate translation Dan.
          Last edited by Lunapocalypse; 09-02-2010, 02:17 PM.
          Encounter. I Will Kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunapocalypse View Post
            Oh my lord.

Anything Resident Evil 6 would make me wet. 'Shortly' is effectively 'longer than hell' in excitement speek.

And if Ep3 isn't among those Valve announcements then Gabe has officially gone awol from sane land. The man and his cronies are complete bonkers. I can't stay mad at them though.

L4D3 will totally be among it though, another yearly itteration plox.

Edit> Thanks for the accurate translation Dan.
            No problem dude

If Vale doesn't announce HL2 EP3 and it is another random game I'm going to kill that fat ass!

Comment

Here is the trailer of Lair of the Shadow Broker, the latest ME2 DLC. Really awesome stuff. I will be posting some pics and comenting on them. I took the pics from the Bioware forum. Here is the trailer: http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Here is Feron of course. We all knew he was going to be in this DLC since he is pretty much the reason for this DLC. Going to rescue his sorry ass.

A new flying Shuttle mini-game. A chase/fight scene.

An Asari Spectre. She appears a lot in the trailer maybe she will help us in the mission. Hopefully she will last longer than Nihlus.

Shepard and Liara holding hands. Soo romantic.
              [/quote]

The Shadow Broker goons listening on Liara. The salarian is probably Tazzik. I would have expect him to be stronger but I understand that creating a new character model is too much work. I can't wait to fight him.

Shepard doing his hero impersonation and saving Liara. It looks like Thane in the back but it could also be Feron. I put my money on Thane though.

Finally a nice view. Liara may be joining the squad at least for this mission.

Last but not least Bioware said that even though this mission can be played before the suicide mission. They recommend playing it after the game is completed. The dialog is going to be richer and the entire experience is going to be much better.

And that's it I'm done with my weekly Bioware report. I'll be back next week.
              Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/3d-rea...pigs-fly/2512/
                You see? This is what happens when you don’t always bet on Duke. You’re going to be taken for a ride.

Last week, we heard a rumor that, somehow, the long-in-development Duke Nukem Forever--currently in a state of limbo after 3D Realms was forced to lay off the development team due to the company's inability to continue self-funding the game--was going to be “resurrected” in the hands of Texas-based developer Gearbox, the developers of last year’s excellent first-person RPG, Borderlands. When asked to comment on the rumor, Gearbox president/Samba De Amigo fan Randy Pitchford tweeted that he would be able to "clarify" the rumor at this weekend’s PAX.

And now, just days before the start of PAX and that supposed clarification, George Broussard, current president of the empty office that is 3D Realms, tweeted the following image.

ALWAYS BET ON DUKE. Even when everyone wants the game to die already, I for one will smile to this news. It may be bad or it may be good, but Duke's back!

Also, check this interview from 2006:

1UP: Wait, wait. You guys are working on Duke Forever?

GB: [Laughs] And ever and ever.

1UP: And when's that due out again?

GB: [Laughs] I think it'll be out when pigs fly. But it's definitely going well now. Things are together; we're in full production. We're basically just pulling all the pieces together and making the game out of it. There's a lot that's finished. All the guns are finished. Most of the creatures are finished. And as I said, we're just basically pulling it all together and trying to make it fun. We've kind of got all these disassociated elements that make up a game, and you put them together and things happen. And then you just tweak it and polish it until it's fun, and that's kind of the phase we're in now, just trying to make something that is really fun to play and interesting.
                http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager....=1&cId=3147571
                Last edited by AnttiApina; 09-03-2010, 12:39 PM.
                KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
                  http://www.giantbomb.com/news/3d-rea...pigs-fly/2512/

ALWAYS BET ON DUKE. Even when everyone wants the game to die already, I for one will smile to this news. It may be bad or it may be good, but Duke's back!

Also, check this interview from 2006:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager....=1&cId=3147571
                  Why do I think of a similar case for Max Payne 3 ?? Unless 3D Realms staff settled in GearBox, we can't be at ease...
                  The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                    Why do I think of a similar case for Max Payne 3 ?? Unless 3D Realms staff settled in GearBox, we can't be at ease...
                    They had 10 years to make it and honestly those leaked videos looked like thay had still lot of work.
                    I dont see this same as Max Payne 3 at all. We havent seen Duke game in long time. Also if i understood correctly Gearbox is mostly using stuff 3D realms had created.

Comment

Fist shots of HD ICO

You already know about Team Ico Collection. It's about ICO and Shadow of colossus being released in HD on PS3. Seems we're getting the first glimpse of it.

Fumito Ueda was showing it off at CEDEC. A quick comparison shows wider aspect ratio and better resolution from original ICO on PS2.

--
                      Ico and Shadow of Colossus are in my TOP 10 ever. I can't wait to get my hands on The Last Guardian.
                      Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Thank God I won't buy this game in HD. I have the original. If they say that they remade it only in HD way, then no need for me to buy that.

I don't have yet the SoTC...
                        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

^Oh, you must get it - it's quite a unique and beautiful game. Ico I was less fond of (it's your classic - trapped in a labyrinthine dungeon/castle game - like Vagrant Story and Solstice), but I still love the concept and imagery.

I think it would be good for another developer to finish up DNF. 3DRealm's strength is in production, as we saw Max Payne and Prey; as well as all the classics published in the Apogee days (including Wolfenstein 3d).

My only concern is that Gearbox have a lot on their plate already (Aliens, etc), but they're good developer.
                          Last edited by Maddieman; 09-03-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                            I think it would be good for another developer to finish up DNF. 3DRealm's strength is in production, as we saw Max Payne and Prey; as well as all the stuff published in the Apogee days.

My only concern is that Gearbox have a lot on their plate already (Aliens, etc), but they're good developer.
                            Speaking of Apogee, Apogee is about to release the Duke Nukem Trilogy, alongside with Sam Suede, a new adventure game.

When I saw those news from Apogee, I remembered old games, i.e. Halloween Harry, Dangerous Dave etc, and almost cried...

Maddieman, what do you mean with that phrase ? As far as I know, they closed, because they had economical problems.

I'm worried about the similarity of RMD to 3DRealms and Gearbox with Rockstar, because I can't be at ease, if they change the whole game from scratch, like what RockStar did with Max Payne 3...

Comment

Yeah, and they ran into economic problems because they were developing DNF indefinitely, with no foreseeable end in sight. Morale was low and people were leaving. You simply can't afford to pay salaries for years on end, with no money coming in. There was an article that came out some months ago (I think it's linked in the DNF thread) that talked a lot about it.

I'm worried about the similarity of RMD to 3DRealms and Gearbox with Rockstar, because I can't be at ease, if they change the whole game from scratch, like what RockStar did with Max Payne 3...
                              Don't worry. IF it happens, here's what's going to happen: Gearbox will take the game, which, I remember right (from an article), has a fair amount of gameplay already, and just needs a year or so's work, and they'll wrap it up. 3D Realms will creatively supervise and direct the project, to make sure it meets their standards (like Max Payne and Prey), but Gearbox will do the hands on, actual development.

Comment

2K Games is unveiling something BIG at PAX this year – and we want to share it with everyone – whether or not you are going to the show.

We’ll be streaming the first day of PAX live from our booth and giving you exclusive access to everything we’re doing – and it’s going to be AWESOME.

RSVP for the show now – and see you at 10 AM on Friday, September 3rd – live from PAX!
                                http://www.ustream.tv/2kgameslive

Don't know what it is but I'll be watching it

Will start in about 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X