• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming news

Just keepin' it real, yo.

Comment

^Er, did I really write that.

Great news today -- I just heard that Ron Gilbert, Dave Grossman, and Tim Schafer will be doing an audio commentary on Monkey Island 2! The best adventure game just got even better!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...id=78883723363

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
        ^Er, did I really write that.
        Fo' sho'!

Great news today -- I just heard that Ron Gilbert, Dave Grossman, and Tim Schafer will be doing an audio commentary on Monkey Island 2! The best adventure game just got even better!
        That's... awesome. Yeah, awesome. That's what that is.
        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Rumour: Dante's Inferno 2 In The Works

Some job listings which indicate that a sequel is currently in the works.

The first listing, searching for a Lead Character Artist states that "Visceral Games is looking for an experienced senior Character Artist for an existing action/adventure franchise. This is a major opportunity to contribute to a bold new franchise, heavily backed by the EA Games Label."

More hints come later on in the listing where it says that the "project is the sequel to a major new IP at the award-winning Visceral Games, creators of Dead Space and Dante’s Inferno."

"The game sequel will set new quality standards and make the franchise the world-leader in the action/melee-combat genre." it concludes.

Source
          Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

You guys should check out the online price drops at Ebgames.com

Bioshock 2 was only $25 for a few days. Now it's $40, but that's still not bad at all. That's a damn fine game. I'm still itching to play, a couple weeks after I beat it on a rent.

Comment

Insomniac Signs Deal With EA Partners For New Title.

Longtime Sony partner and Resistance and Ratchet & Clank developer, Insomniac Games, has struck a deal for a game to be published by EA Partners for a multi-platform title.

The unnamed PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 project will be the first time that the developer has put a title out on a non-Sony platform in its 16-year history. "Our goal at this point," said Insomniac founder Ted Price, "is to reach as many people as possible. We're certainly excited to bring this game to our fans on the PlayStation 3, but we also want to reach out to Xbox 360 players as well and bring the kind of experiences we've been creating for a long time to them."

An important component of Insomniac's deal with EA Partners – like Respawn before them – is that the developer will retain the rights to all the titles based on the new universe it is creating with this upcoming project. Although Price told us that the deal was for a single game, it would like to work with EAP if this first title took off and demanded more. "Our goal is to work with the best partners in the world. We also, as you can tell from our history, have a history of long relationships. So, when we find somebody we like working with, we prefer to continue working with them."

Unfortunately, Price and Insomniac aren't saying word one about the upcoming title, and Price said that although the company has been thinking about a multi-platform title for a while, not even the genre is set in stone at this point. "Our deal with EAP is about creating great content and about a great partnership. There isn't any particular genre that would be allowed or disallowed by working together."

Source: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...-partners.aspx
              Last edited by cubanito305; 05-26-2010, 05:34 AM.
              Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

David Cage and Quantic Dream (Indigo Prophecy/Heavy Rain) have already started to begin casting for their new game, a science fiction story. Codenamed, "Horizon". Sweet.

I already cant wait for it. haha. Let's just hope they go with American voice actors this time around.

A source told Videogaming247 that the new project will center around a twenty-something couple, and that the plot is about a "curious man raised very insularly meeting a free woman who is hesitant to exercise her freedom."

Comment

So, is Ben Stiller attached, then?
                  NEVER FORGET
                  Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                  5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                    Check out the future of video games!!!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/12/se...interactivity/

Very cool! For arcades and special events.
                    Pretty sick.

Comment

Rumor: Halo Reach Delayed 'til 2011 Due to Black Ops

Larry the Hobo is at it again! The pansies at Bungie are apparently scared to release their upcoming Halo Reach game, and it is all due to Call of Duty: Black Ops. Official quote below:

"Black Ops scares the hell out of us, so because of that, Halo Reach won't come out until 2011. Sorry guys, but Black Ops is the better game."
                      Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Good news for all you guys that haven't tried Mass Effect 2. Next Tuesday Bioware will release a demo of the game along with a new DLC called Overlord.

According to a post on the blog of Xbox front-man Major Nelson, the upcoming Overlord DLC for Mass Effect 2 will be available on Tuesday June 15th. Along with the release of the new DLC, EA will also be releasing a demo for the game to give those who haven’t tried it a chance to check it out.
                        When sent to investigate a Cerberus research base that’s mysteriously gone silent, Shepard arrives to find Geth overrunning the base. The sole survivor, Chief Scientist Archer, paints a dire picture: an experiment to fuse a human volunteer with a virtual intelligence created a dangerous hybrid “VI overlord”. The rampaging VI has already attacked three other Cerberus bases, controlling any technology it finds in an attempt to break free—and unleashing Geth across the planet. Unless Shepard can infiltrate the VI’s fortress and shut it down, this homicidal intelligence will beam itself-off planet and wreak havoc on other systems. The action unfolds over five new level areas, with two new achievements.

The DLC, which features five levels set across one planet, will cost 560 Microsoft Points ($7.00), even for those who belong to the Cerberus Network.

Here is a pic from the new DLC:
                        Last edited by cubanito305; 06-11-2010, 05:52 PM.
                        Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Urgh, very bad news for the UK games industry, and Scotland in particular:

http://beta.thecourier.co.uk/News/Na...ax-breaks.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...l/10382765.stm
                          Last edited by Maddieman; 06-23-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Ah well, guess all they dont care about the millions (AND MILLIONS...) of £'s the industry rakes in every year.

Dont the guys who make Arkham Asylum develop in the UK? Would be sad to see them go. Also within 20-30 miles of me is Rebellion, Rare, Codemasters, Sumo Games....

Want to say some really bad things about the Torys but this isnt the place.
                            tHe OwLS aRe NOt WhAT tHey SeEm

Comment

Puzzle Agent is gonna be FREAKIN AWSOME!! MUST SEE MUST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbMF...layer_embedded
                              I'm back.

Comment

Urgh, very bad news for the UK games industry, and Scotland in particular:

http://beta.thecourier.co.uk/News/Na...ax-breaks.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...l/10382765.stm
                                We had a similar situation in Brisbane - the state government dropped their funding and it closed down a lot of big name studios and investment.
                                There have been some decent titles over the years - Dark Reign, Rome: Total War, Destroy All Humans...all of those studios are now either closed or struggling.
                                Remedy's currently known projects:
                                Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X