Hitman Absolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitman Absolution

I am a very big fan of the hitman series and seeing how Io interactive is making absolution a more simplistic game than its preddesecors is pretty dissapointing.My reactions were pretty possitive at the begining but when i heard that they will be replacing David Bateson (voice of 47) i was so freaking angry i started swearing like Tony Montana on drugs!
    Last edited by edcar007; 03-15-2012, 09:40 PM.
    ''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
    -Stephen King

Re: Hitman Absolution

Can't agree more - love the series and all these changes will not improve the gameplay. I'm sure the game will be great (love all those scripted moments making the game look more like a movie), but surely not Hitman.
    If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Yeah the scripted moments are pretty awesome and the soundtrack too but what they are doing now is a big risk.
      ''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
      -Stephen King

Comment

What changes are they making? Aside from the V.O change, of course.

Comment

-Checkpoints (dont know if the PC version has a quick save option)
          -Much more linear
          -They replaced Jespre Kyd with Peter Kyed and Peter Peter (???)
          -It might feature multiplayer (I hope to God it doesn't)
          -The map has been replaced by a mode called Instinct which is something like
          the detective mode from batman arkham city
          -They have a cover system now
          -Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by edcar007 View Post
            -Checkpoints (dont know if the PC version has a quick save option)
            -Much more linear
            -They replaced Jespre Kyd with Peter Kyed and Peter Peter (???)
            -It might feature multiplayer (I hope to God it doesn't)
            -The map has been replaced by a mode called Instinct which is something like
            the detective mode from batman arkham city
            -They have a cover system now
            Sadly.....Agent 47 ended with Blood Money....

All the above and what is this? Diana dies from 47? WTF?????
            Death is coming. It's coming. He's coming. Get away. Get away-yahhh!!!

The flesh. The fllleshhhh-Gyahh!

Comment

He kills her and as a final wish she asks him to protect a girl.
              -Stephen King

Comment

So says the devs anyways they did the fake death before.

Either way im not happy with what ive seen so far as its not feeling like a Hitman game.
                Team Yu
                https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
                  So says the devs anyways they did the fake death before.

Either way im not happy with what ive seen so far as its not feeling like a Hitman game.
                  Without Jesper Kyd? 47 only in one location? Just remind me which Hitman from the previous 4 was only in one location.....

And here's what Jesper Kyd is...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbA4tId4zSU

Comment

Has anyone played Arcania:Gothic 4?
                    That game supposed to be a true sequel to the Gothic series yet it failed cause they've gone with a much more symplistic approach and pretty much screwed the fans.I am afraid the same is going to happen here,but I hope I am wrong.
                    -Stephen King

Comment

Previews i read made it sound like it was only in Chicago but its simply set in parts of the US which while still a bit lame is better than just being in one area.

But then ive not been paying that much attention due to being annoyed at the 47 voice actor change and the fact that IO are flat out ignored any calls/emails from David Bateson.
                      We hear briefly the new 47 voice in the 15 minute demo and it sucks.

As for Kyd it could be they went cheap or he was unavaliable what with working on atleast 12 other projects since 09 which is when this game went into development.
                      Still as i said im not happy with what ive seen so far, this scream Splinter Cell Conviction all over and thats the weakest of the SC games by far.

This has been made for ''todays'' gamers rather than long time Hitman fans IMO.
                      Team Yu

Comment

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
                        Previews i read made it sound like it was only in Chicago but its simply set in parts of the US which while still a bit lame is better than just being in one area.

But then ive not been paying that much attention due to being annoyed at the 47 voice actor change and the fact that IO are flat out ignored any calls/emails from David Bateson.
                        We hear briefly the new 47 voice in the 15 minute demo and it sucks.

As for Kyd it could be they went cheap or he was unavaliable what with working on atleast 12 other projects since 09 which is when this game went into development.
                        Still as i said im not happy with what ive seen so far, this scream Splinter Cell Conviction all over and thats the weakest of the SC games by far.

This has been made for ''todays'' gamers rather than long time Hitman fans IMO.
                        Can't say it better! We grew up with Hitman! We must not support this! But you know what happens? If no one buys it then they won't make another because they'll call Absolution a failure! If it sells well then they'll keep on doing it like that..... We won't see another great Hitman game in the near future....sadly

Comment

EVERYONE!!!!
                          CHARGE AT IO'S OFFICES!!!
                          MAKE THEM REMEMBER NOT TO F*CK WITH THEIR FANBASE!!!
                          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
                          (Gone Mad)
                          -Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by edcar007 View Post
                            EVERYONE!!!!
                            CHARGE AT IO'S OFFICES!!!
                            MAKE THEM REMEMBER NOT TO F*CK WITH THEIR FANBASE!!!
                            AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
                            (Gone Mad)
                            Can we make a petition? Very difficult I know.....

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEmperorZoRG View Post
                              Can we make a petition? Very difficult I know.....
                              Just about never work and its too late now.
                              Team Yu

Comment

Working...
                              X