Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC: NFS:MW 2012 - Criterion will fail again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC: NFS:MW 2012 - Criterion will fail again?

Hi folks!
    I am a dedicated NFS fan (but currently my dedication has been dying since 2010).
    I'd like to share and to hear thoughts from you guys on the topic.
    Yesterday I watched EA's and Criterion's presentation of "old" new NFS title "Most Wanted".
    The gameplay that had been shown to us wasn't breathtaking for me... All that I've seen was that they use damn frostbite2.0 again (non-optimized buggy engine that is definitely not for racing games), they have cool car crashes (Criterion's Burnout style) and crazy show elements (once again - Criterion's Burnout game, baby...), and open world...
    The info that has been taken from descriptions on presentation and on official game's page makes me feel that the game will have no story, will have multiplayer as the main component (go to pre-order page for pc and read about bonuses that you'll get for pre-order), and it seems to me that the game will be like NFSW but with the main goal - to become Most Wanted... Crap? I think so.
    At least I'd like to point on several items that I think are critical to old NFS PC players:
    1) As the game is developed by Criterion, we can expect this things for 99.9%:
    - the game once again will be a crappy port from consoles, it will look like a jaggy trash on big screens, and nothing will be done on dev's side to get rid of that (I remember NFSHP2010 polemics on official forums, with no response and total ignorance to PC players)
    The in-game settings will be short and stupid, as it was in NFSHP.
    - the game will have lots of bugs, most of them will never be fixed, to fix any other bug it will take 4-5 months for them (and normal support of PC users will be ended on the launch day - TY to EA and Criterion (and Black Box for "The RUN" trash)) on that
    Also, from the previous communication with devs I can guarantee they will tell us that "according to their telemetric the game has no bugs to be fixed anymore" , no matter that the game will be packed with bugs.
    - PC will never get a single DLC (yeap, we still pissed off by the things Criterion made in NFSHP)
    - the game will be cheated in a day or two, so you can only dream to get Most Wanted rank and to get 1st places Their answer will be - "well, it's PC, it's always cheated, we can do nothing, but we try so hard..."
    Yeah, they try so hard that they have never banned a single cheater in NFSHP2010 - way to go Criterion...
    I understand it's hard to fight cheaters, but that's why I think they should not provide world ranks. The ranks should only be between your friends, like in NFSHP at least (you can always kick out a friend that has been spotted cheating). Of course it won't solve the problem of cheaters while playing massive MP modes, so once again our nerves will be burnt into ashes because of silent policy to cheaters.
    - The game's single player difficulty level (if we have one) will be hardcoded to higher than normal, so the game won't be interesting to the most non-hardboiled gamers in the world (believe me, that's huge, e.g. more than 20 of my friends declined to buy the game after 3-4 hours of demo play on my PC).
    And speaking about demo - they won't give any demo to PC again, because the game will suck, so the PC players will have ability to know this only after buying the game.
    - The autolog wall will be crapped by punks from Russia, and EA will do nothing to get rid of them

The only pluses that I've seen in Criterion's NFSHP was not badly optimized engine, good graphics on lower screens (e.g. 1440x900 is playable, but higher - nope, and no AA?! - wtf with them?), interesting Hot Pursuit MP mode, Win XP support (it's critical to me), and as a hardboiled player I can say - the single mode is really interesting (except several modes that was just a simple copy-paste).

2) The 1 item was dedicated to really possible things that are based on experience from NFSHP play and communication on official EA's forum.
    This item has just suppose notes, because we still have not that much info about the forthcoming game, but nevertheless:
    a) if the game will be mainly MP based, than the story will be really short (I hate "The RUN" for basically 2hrs gameplay, it's ridiculously short) and not interesting. If we have the story at all... Because it seems to me that the single player will be simple arcade in NFSHP's style... So why the hell to call the game NFSMW? Trolling players is new politics form EA?
    b) Really - why the game's title is "NFSMW"? Not MW2, but MW... I think this is another alert about non-story game... And to sum up - can someone give me example of Criterion's game that has a full interesting story??? Nope, I can't remeber one. Of course I understand lots of ppl will say - "naaaaaaah, stories suck", but once again - the game is titled MW, so the game MUST have a story, otherwise it's a spit in the faces to all of the MW fans around the world.

For now it seems I've done with my post, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on that.
    Last edited by Pax Mayne; 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM.
    ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
    Support Alan on Metacritic
    raptr friends are needed

Re: PC: NFS:MW 2012 - Criterion will fail again?

- The original MW was a good NFS.
    - didn't the last criterion NFS have a 30fps limit? That really sucked.
    - which burnout game did criterion make, paradise? Paradise wasn't that bad.

atm I'm playing dirt3, I totally dig the gymkhana-mode. The next racing game I'll get is most probably Dirt Showdown, I don't mind that it's more action than simulation this time around. Since I don't have a steering wheel and play racing games with my PC-XBOX controller simulation-racers are rather difficult to "properly" control with a controller anyway. Racing simulations require a steering wheel imo. I still like Dirt3 though.
    Last edited by jester131; 07-02-2012, 11:37 PM.
    If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION

Comment

Re: PC: NFS:MW 2012 - will Criterion fail again?

Originally posted by Pax Mayne View Post
      The gameplay that had been shown to us wasn't breathtaking for me... All that I've seen was that they use damn frostbite2.0 again (non-optimized buggy engine that is definitely not for racing games), they have cool car crashes (Criterion's Burnout style) and crazy show elements (once again - Criterion's Burnout game, baby...), and open world...
      Actually, it's not Frostbite 2.0, it's Chameleon, same engine used in Hot Pursuit (2010) only a littlebit modified and updated.

Originally posted by Pax Mayne View Post
      The info that has been taken from descriptions on presentation and on official game's page makes me feel that the game will have no story, will have multiplayer as the main component (go to pre-order page for pc and read about bonuses that you'll get for pre-order), and it seems to me that the game will be like NFSW but with the main goal - to become Most Wanted... Crap? I think so.
      Well, in the end Need For Speed's don't really need storyline, as from 1st ever NFS (Road & Track Presents: The Need For Speed, 1994) to Hot Pursuit 2 (2002) didn't have any kind of storyline, and that was the first era of Need For Speed. So called "Classic era" or "Golden era" like some NFS fans call it.
      Well. Crap? Maybe. Need For Speeds truly has sucked last years, but surelly this one can't be as bad as The Run is. At least I hope so.

Comment

Working...
      X