GOTY 2012 - Alan Wake Forum Nominations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTY 2012 - Alan Wake Forum Nominations

Okay everyone go ahead and nominate your GOTY for 2012. You can nominate 1-3 games. Next w/e I'll compile the nominations into a poll. :/ If there's more than 10 or whatever the poll options are... I'll have to whittle the list down based on frequency of the nominations.

I'll start, no particular order:
    -XCOM:EU
    -Hotline Miami
    -The Walking Dead

EDIT: Still playing Farcry 3... so... not sure yet... but once I start to ignore the ridiculously annoying UI the actual game is growing on me a LOT. There is story here for once, and most of the terrible gameplay issues from Farcry 2 have been removed / improved. I have a reason to explore and I'm not punished for it, and I care about some of the characters even though they're all jerks that deserve to be sold into slavery. I love some of the dialogue that I wouldn't say breaks the wall... but at least is Jason Brody commenting on his own transformation: mentally, physically, psychedelically.

EDIT#2: Just finished Farcry 3... Move over Hotline Miami/XCOM/The Walking Dead....

HELLLLLOOOO FAR CRY 3. You weren't even on my radar this year... actually none of these games were really... and I was totally not interested in FC3 at all... but WOW! Just WOW! Hands down one of the best singleplayer storylines in an FPS I've experienced in a long time! I think it actually felt more cohesive than Dishonored.

Far Cry 3 is my only nomination, and my personal GOTY for 2012 now. (Haven't played any of the MP, and don't care about the MP. Far Cry is an SP experience. MP is tacked on for the shareholders).

Sound: 10
    Gameplay: 10
    Graphics: 9
    HUD: 8
    Immersion (not inc. HUD): 10
    Story: 10 (Wow... thought I was going to hate the "frat boy" storyline... turns out they didn't do something completely terrible... in fact... I would say it was AMAZING!).
    Last edited by yogibbear; 12-02-2012, 07:26 PM.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Re: GOTY 2012 - Alan Wake Forum Nominations

- Hitman Absolution
    - Alan Wake (I know it was released in 2010, but only for Xbox 360. The PC version is the one I played and it came this year so....)

Not much else actually. For me, 2012 was a bit lame year for gaming since most of the games which I was looking for got delayed for 2013.
    ''Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear...''
    -Stephen King

Comment

RE6

na that game was crap

Um id say the walking dead
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

-Dark Souls: Prepare To Die edition for PC
        -Telltale's The Walking Dead
        -PC ports of Alan Wake games
        -Dishonored
        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

- Spec Ops: The Line!

aka post-traumatic stress disorder

in the meta land of the fourth wall

I was actually surprised that the infamous Yahtzee has recommended this game in his cartoon review even though he usually bashes games

Comment

-American Nightmare
            -Dear Esther
            -Farcry 3 (So far...)
            -Walking Dead was decent I suppose
            Mulligan's no.1 Fan

Steam ID

Comment

Guild Wars 2 and the Alan Wake PC versions. I know there has been many, for the lack of a better word, good games this year, but I have only managed to play so little.

So, my field of vision, as it were, is quite limited in this discussion.
              We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Think it will be The Walking Dead for me.
                Team Yu
                https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Far Cry 3 by a mile. One of the best games I have ever played.

Comment

Farcry 3, a little disappointing story-wise towards the end but only 1 bad mission in the whole game.
                    Mulligan's no.1 Fan

Steam ID

Comment

Poll now open: http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=9519
                      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Working...
                      X