Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOTY 2012 - AWF - The Poll to Rule Them All - VOTE NOW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTY 2012 - AWF - The Poll to Rule Them All - VOTE NOW!

Alan Wake (PC edition)
    25.53%
    Dark Souls Prepare to Die (PC edition)
    2.13%
    Dishonored
    8.51%
    Far Cry 3
    21.28%
    Guild Wars 2
    6.38%
    Hitman Absolution
    2.13%
    Resident Evil 6
    0.00%
    Spec Ops: The Line
    6.38%
    The Walking Dead
    25.53%
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    2.13%
    2012 GOTY Poll. Selected based on forum nominations.

Pick your GOTY. Or post below about how your choice isn't here and you want to strangle me

There were around 50 games that deserve to be listed here... but there's only 10 spots... and we're including two 2011 games that had PC conversions.

Great games that were tough to miss out and not be nominated but obviously well respected: Borderlands 2, Halo 4, Journey, Mass Effect 3, AC3, Torchlight 2, FTL, Max Payne 3 etc. (guess none of us thought they were GOTY material).

Personally I can't pick between XCOM, Dishonored, Far Cry 3 (and I also want to mention Hotline Miami!).... they're all completely different games... and yet totally badass at their respective genre.... Oh how terrible I feel trying to pick one.

Okay... that's it... going to do it scientifically based on game time on steam stats.... 95 hrs in XCOM, 32 in Far Cry 3, 21 in Dishonored, 5 in Hotline Miami.... Meaning........ I don't know
    Last edited by yogibbear; 12-08-2012, 08:09 PM.

• Jill
    replied
    Re: GOTY 2012 - AWF - The Poll to Rule Them All - VOTE NOW!

As much as I wanted to vote for AW PC edition, I would be lying to all of you if I did. Honestly, I did not get to play AW on PC because my rig is kinda' old it would be considered to belong in the Jurassic Era in this current digital age of ours.

In lieu of that, I would like to vote for Borderlands 2 as my personal GOTY of 2012. It is not on the list, so I'm making this a personal vote. By the way, I prefer the solo campaign first. This is the game that really made my year. I don't know what it is but every time I play Borderlands, it takes me to a different level. I guess it's the lack of inhibition. You are in this strange and different planet, shooting psychos and weird beasts without inhibitions and nothing or nobody is holding you accountable for your actions. The guns are the best part of this experience. Every time I found a weapons cache or a dropped weapon, I get so bloody excited and h*rn¥ that I just wanted to try every gun that I found. F@ck, did I mention the Guns?! Awesome!

Anyway, that was the best for me from 2012. The replay value of Borderlands 2 is also high. You could play it in 4 different characters with different skill sets. And online multiplayer also rocks! But I prefer to go solo first. Every time I finish a boss fight feels like I'm having a bloody org@$m or somethin' you know?!

Try it folks. Just make sure you don't explode everywhere coz' it's freakin' org@$mi€!!! That could be messy!

Cheers Everyone!

Leave a comment:

• RadiNightingale
    replied

Originally posted by Fabregasgunner View Post
    Resident evil 6 tho has to be up for a golden raspberry award.. It was that bad. Since code Veronica not including 4 for a separate standalone action game, capcom have tried to destroy the franchise
    Yet I don't know if you can blame capcom that much, it's just apparently what people want, the more actiony it gets the better it sells.

Leave a comment:

• thebestbit
    replied

Originally posted by alan brooks View Post
    Glad to see far cry 3 is winning ..... I picked far cry 3 cos it struck me in the heart ... others I would def say hitman absolution is second ....but far cry 3 ...nnothing has beaten it
    Not any more

Originally posted by spiderfan96 View Post
    T.
    Might want to tag the spoiler as not everyone would have played it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Fabregasgunner
    replied

Resident evil 6 tho has to be up for a golden raspberry award.. It was that bad. Since code Veronica not including 4 for a separate standalone action game, capcom have tried to destroy the franchise

Leave a comment:

• Fabregasgunner
    replied

Originally posted by spiderfan96 View Post
    The Walking Dead for sure. Carley's death was so abrupt and impactful. Just that one scene elevated the whole game to a new level for me.
    I agree, this game stood out for me this year. As great as dishonored was.. WD was a revelation

Leave a comment:

• spiderfan96
    replied

The Walking Dead for sure. Carley's death was so abrupt and impactful. Just that one scene elevated the whole game to a new level for me.

Leave a comment:

• alan brooks
    replied

Glad to see far cry 3 is winning ..... I picked far cry 3 cos it struck me in the heart ... others I would def say hitman absolution is second ....but far cry 3 ...nnothing has beaten it

Leave a comment:

• LSKzane
    replied

For me its definetly Max Payne 3.
    The only games that come close to it would be Resi 6 or GW 2, so i voted for GW2.

Leave a comment:

• Yog-Sothoth
    replied

Close call between Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead, for me.

I'm just bummed that Spec Ops isn't getting much recognition now on other sites. Such a good game.

Leave a comment:

• edcar007
    replied

Alan Wake for me.

Leave a comment:

• Killie Lad
    replied

Farcry 3 amazing. Genuinely gutted when it finished. None of my others are there ac3, max payne 3 and borderlands 2

Leave a comment:

• djshauny1
    replied

I voted for AW PC edition

But if it wasnt for that it would be The Walking Dead for sure

Leave a comment:

Working...
X