Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
    I'm pretty satisfied with the forums, because it works exactly like guildwarsguru forums, the appearance is different of course. I guess it's made from the same "mold" what ever that means
    vBulletin. It's the forum software. GWGuru is using the exactly same software, only a different template/theme (colors, slightly layout differences, fonts etc.). It's a very good software too, I've used it myself plenty of times on other sites. I highly doubt we're even close to considering changing from vBulletin.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

i really like the reputation system from 2K FORUMS and a ranking system would be nice
      Last edited by SGT. RAMIREZ; 02-26-2009, 07:14 AM. Reason: cuz atlas told me to..
      "WOULD YOU KINDLY?"

Comment

Well, we've considered something like that before, along with post counts and whatnot. Personally, I can't say I'm a fan of such systems, regardless of the implementation -- it just creates a 'respect' hierarchy on the board, and can give people an excuse to push newbies around.

Besides, I'm sure we can find a better way to recognise and encourage thoughtful, interesting, and enthusiastic posters.

Comment

no no, ranking system is not good... usually people with higher ranking are more arogant, aggressive to new users - I know, I was new one in one forum

Comment

how about a thumbs up/ thumbs down system like on youtube? you know if anyone likes or agrees with someones post they can put thumbs up or if they dont then they put thumbs down..
            "WOULD YOU KINDLY?"

Comment

Originally posted by SGT. RAMIREZ View Post
              how about a thumbs up/ thumbs down system like on youtube? you know if anyone likes or agrees with someones post they can put thumbs up or if they dont then they put thumbs down..
              Something like this could work. I'll look into it and discuss it with the other staff as well, I'm pretty sure I brought up something like this awhile ago.

Comment

Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Comment

There's a little bug in the main page (alanwake.com).
                  As you know, when you hover your mouse over the typewriter, for example, the text "Community forums" appears below it. When you move your mouse away from it the text turns into smoke and fades away. The same cool effect appears for all the "icons", such as the TV. However, when you move your mouse away from, ie. the book, the animation of the text fading away is much more laggy than with the typewriter. The animation plays about 2 frames, then stops for about 0.1 seconds, and then plays till the end smoothly. It seems like the video file is corrupted or something. The first 3 icons have this lag, the "press and reviews" and "community forums" work perfectly.

Try it: Hover your mouse over the book, then move your mouse away from it. Then hover your mouse over the magazine, and then away from it. Notice the difference? I've got a 3.4 Ghz processor and the Radeon HD4870 - it's not about performance - it's a bug. Or something.

Comment

Same happens with the rest... When I entered the www.alanwake.com (NOT THE FORUMS), I did wanted to go in the screenshots, but they're no longer there like they were previously there.

For a change

Can you make a Remedysite as a central and then will include all forums of their own games, just like Bioware did ? It'd be easy, so no-one would go off-topic.

BTW for the current colors, I'm more than enough satisfied. It helps my eyes to chill and be ease from the pain the white background does.
                    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Ruutu: Thanks for that. Unfortunately I couldn't seem to replicate it. Either that or I couldn't notice a difference in animation.

It was a little choppy for me the first time but after a while it smoothened up so I just blame that to loading that particular movie file.

I've let Jouko know about it either way though.

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                        Same happens with the rest... When I entered the www.alanwake.com (NOT THE FORUMS), I did wanted to go in the screenshots, but they're no longer there like they were previously there.
                        What do you mean they weren't there like they used to be? Do you mean the old screenshots not longer show up and only the newest show? If so that's how the site has always functioned, the older screenshots get removed as soon as a new batch comes along.

Comment

The animation plays about 2 frames, then stops for about 0.1 seconds, and then plays till the end smoothly. It seems like the video file is corrupted or something. The first 3 icons have this lag, the "press and reviews" and "community forums" work perfectly.
                          For what it's worth, I get this as well -- it's consistent, not a one off thing while it's loading. I've no idea why it would happen though -- maybe something to do with the flashlight or sound effects?

Not exactly a disaster, but it is strange.

Comment

I've got another one.

The AlanWake.com main site has two ways of navigation - you can either click on the "icons" (the TV or the photos on the ground, for instance) or you can choose a location from the horizontal bar on the bottom of the page. This is the bug: when I click - for example - the photos on the ground, I get instantly transported to the Screenshots -page. However, if I choose "Screenshots" from the navigation bar at the bottom of the page I get a black screen instead - the navigation arrows at the top and the left and right borders of the screen are visible, but clicking on them causes no action - the whole thing is stuck.

Note: to reproduce, please try navigating with the bottom bar before you click on any of the icons. The bug may disappear if do it the other way around.
                            Last edited by Ruuttu; 01-25-2010, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Something is wrong with the main site for sure. The navigation bar on the forums site for instance doesn't work in a way it should. It doesn't matter what option you choose(screens, videos, press..), it always goes to the main site and stops there. You can of course choose what you want from the icons there, but what I mean is, having seperate options for screens, videos and stuff is useless if the same main site transfer happens from all of them. You get what I mean?
                              We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Yes, the forum navigation bar for the alanwake.com is broken.

http://www.alanwake.com/index.php?go=screenshots
                                Doesn't lead to the screenshots -page, but the main page instead.

So there's at least 3 bugs to fix at once, that's kinda handy. 1, 2, 3
                                Last edited by Ruuttu; 01-25-2010, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X