Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Originally posted by Ruuttu View Post
    I've got another one.

The AlanWake.com main site has two ways of navigation - you can either click on the "icons" (the TV or the photos on the ground, for instance) or you can choose a location from the horizontal bar on the bottom of the page. This is the bug: when I click - for example - the photos on the ground, I get instantly transported to the Screenshots -page. However, if I choose "Screenshots" from the navigation bar at the bottom of the page I get a black screen instead - the navigation arrows at the top and the left and right borders of the screen are visible, but clicking on them causes no action - the whole thing is stuck.
    Did you read this, ADM ? That's what I meant earlier..., but maybe it's the reason you said earlier that they removed anything...

The only thing I saw from there were the cursors...
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Yeah, it's same problem, in the forums and in the site, with a bit different results. but it needs to be fixed
      We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

I've reported it, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruuttu View Post
          Try it: Hover your mouse over the book, then move your mouse away from it. Then hover your mouse over the magazine, and then away from it. Notice the difference? I've got a 3.4 Ghz processor and the Radeon HD4870 - it's not about performance - it's a bug. Or something.
          Yeah, I can confirm that. It might depend on certain versions of Flash player, or be related to browser versions, if it does not appear for everyone.

Anyways, thanks for reporting this. I can pass this on, but won't promise that it will be fixed. Somehow, I have a feeling that there will be a bigger overhaul for the site during the Spring...

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
          Same happens with the rest... When I entered the www.alanwake.com (NOT THE FORUMS), I did wanted to go in the screenshots, but they're no longer there like they were previously there.
          There's a known bug in the screenshots (ie. the page with the polaroid shots), so that the page does not load every time.
          Basically just reloading the page loads the photos correctly.

So far we've thought that it's related to situations when the page has been updated (ie. screenshots added/replaced), but as that hasn't happened for some while now, it might be something different. I'll dig into it deeper.

Thanks for the report, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you make a Remedysite as a central and then will include all forums of their own games, just like Bioware did ? It'd be easy, so no-one would go off-topic.
          We've had plans around this idea, and it might happen one day. But as we do not have the Max Payne rights anymore, nor do host those web sites, the game list would be quite short

BTW for the current colors, I'm more than enough satisfied. It helps my eyes to chill and be ease from the pain the white background does.
          Heh, thanks. The site uses the color schemes from the Alan Wake game and it's brand guidelines.

- J

Comment

I can also confirm, that the text navigation bar is broken. Apparently only "Press and Reviews" and "Community Forums" links work there. Also the forum links are broken. I'm looking into this right now, and might get it fixed sooner than later

- J

Comment

Originally posted by joukoRMD View Post
              I can also confirm, that the text navigation bar is broken. Apparently only "Press and Reviews" and "Community Forums" links work there. Also the forum links are broken. I'm looking into this right now, and might get it fixed sooner than later
              Naah, it wasn't that easy... Thanks for reporting though guys, I'll see that this get fixed one way or the other.

- J

Comment

Ok, two of these bugs have now been fixed, ie. the text navigation at the bottom of the page should now work ok, and the direct links from the forum (about, screenshots, videos...) work also.

Our web designer is still investigating the smoke fading animation thingie.

- J

Comment

I have to suggestions

1) I would really love to have an option to embed videos directely to the post!

2) An option to chat with other community members from your friends list!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
                    I have to suggestions

1) I would really love to have an option to embed videos directely to the post!
                    Unfortunately, this could be abused very easily. We have enough fun removing distasteful content from spammers when it's only pictures.
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I have one suggestion regarding the spoilers...

Since everybody have the Alan Wake game, should they go to the spoilered forum sectors and the rest who don't own the Alan Wake game, shouldn't enter those sectors and oughtn't be visible to the non-owners of Alan Wake...

Everyday there are this many spoiler threads, that we don't know which one of them are the actual spoilers or not... :/ It's initially a mess at the "New Posts" search machine...
                      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

The Help & Issues section and Gameplay Discussion section have spoiler warnings at the Index, so that should be self-explanatory.
                        As for New Posts - I just read the title of the thread and if it seems like the subject matter relates to content in the game, I just don't read it...for now.

It's a matter of time really, after a few weeks, most people will have played the game and we will clean up a few loose ends.
                        Remedy's currently known projects:
                        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Didn't read the previous posts, but what surprised me is that I cannot edit topic title.
                          Please change this if possible!
                          Also, why is it forbidden to post more than 8 pictures in a post?

Comment

The topic title is a restriction by the software that we are unable to change, unfortunately. If you have a topic title needing to be changed than contact one of our mods and they can do that for you.

As for the 8 pictures per post; that is by design. There really is no need to post more pictures than that in one post. If you have a legitimate reason to need more pics in one of your posts than contact me as I'm the only one able to override that restriction on a per post basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                              The topic title is a restriction by the software that we are unable to change, unfortunately. If you have a topic title needing to be changed than contact one of our mods and they can do that for you.

As for the 8 pictures per post; that is by design. There really is no need to post more pictures than that in one post. If you have a legitimate reason to need more pics in one of your posts than contact me as I'm the only one able to override that restriction on a per post basis.
                              Okay, thank you!

Gonna have to contact you sometimes.

Comment

I think a front page with a news section would be excellent. And why is this site just for Alan wake, why not a general remedy website?

Comment

Working...
                                X