Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Currently, BrightFalls.net is the frontier for Remedy news, and also has a direct link from the forums (named Remedy News).

As for this site being about Alan Wake only: well, it started off as an Alan Wake fan forum, and then over the years with increasing activity from Remedy members themselves, ADM handed the site over to Remedy. That said, it does not only contain Alan Wake, but has sections for other Remedy topics as well. But considering how Alan Wake is the primary title for Remedy right now, I don't see why there is a reason to generalize it any further.

Perhaps, down the road, it will be more of a General Remedy site. But for now, this works well.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I guess. It just makes sense to have everything on one site.

Comment

As future games come out, the forum will shift to accommodate those new titles. Just like when Max Payne was the main focus, the home of Remedy will be wherever the official site lies.
        We still keep sections for the older games for when fans get that occasional nostalgic feeling.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

*Dusts off thread*

I apologizes if this has been covered or if I'm somehow missing it, but I think a nice feature to have would be a "recent comments" section at the bottom of the forum's home page. I know a couple boards that have this and I think its a cool feature. Basically it would show the 10 (5 even) most recent comments or you can even show 1 comment from several of the most recently active topics. That way its much easier to see where the "action" is happening. I know the "Recent Posts" and "Today's Posts" links kinda do something similar to this but I'm talking about seeing the actual comments as opposed to just being taken to a list of active topics. Again, this may already be in place and I might be overlooking it, so just point me in the right direction if that's the case.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post
            *Dusts off thread*

I apologizes if this has been covered or if I'm somehow missing it, but I think a nice feature to have would be a "recent comments" section at the bottom of the forum's home page. I know a couple boards that have this and I think its a cool feature. Basically it would show the 10 (5 even) most recent comments or you can even show 1 comment from several of the most recently active topics. That way its much easier to see where the "action" is happening. I know the "Recent Posts" and "Today's Posts" links kinda do something similar to this but I'm talking about seeing the actual comments as opposed to just being taken to a list of active topics. Again, this may already be in place and I might be overlooking it, so just point me in the right direction if that's the case.

Thanks.
            Thanks for the feedback.

I think it could be done, its just whether anyone would actually use it. Perhaps limiting it to the most recent posts by Remedy staff would make it more useful.

To show you how I check the forums on a regular basis, here's a screenshot.

First click on the New Posts link, which will show you all of the threads that contain posts you haven't read since your last visit.
            From that list, I open up each thread in a different tab by clicking the small arrow icon next to the title. That will open the thread, starting from first unread post from your last visit.

Hope that helps!
            Attached Files
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
              Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps limiting it to the most recent posts by Remedy staff would make it more useful.
              This would actually be great too. I'm sure you got what I was saying but I'll just add this:

When you would click on the "10 most recent posts" link it would take you to a page that's setup exactly how the "Find All Posts By [Insert User Name Here]" link works on this forum. It shows all the comments on one page with a link to their respective threads right above it. I always found it to be useful. Either way thanks for your time and input.

Comment

[MENTION=1356]joukoRMD[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION], could you guys implement the "video" tag along with the other tags(picture, link, quote, etc)? It'd avoid this much writing code.
                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                  [MENTION=1356]joukoRMD[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION], could you guys implement the "video" tag along with the other tags(picture, link, quote, etc)? It'd avoid this much writing code.
                  Do you mean linking to youtube and vimeo videos?

We have the youtube [ yt ] video id [ /yt ] and vimeo [ vv ] video id [ /vv ] tags set up for use.
                  Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                    Do you mean linking to youtube and vimeo videos?

We have the youtube [ yt ] video id [ /yt ] and vimeo [ vv ] video id [ /vv ] tags set up for use.
                    yep, but I don't mean them in HTML code, but in icon implemented code. An idea is to do the same system, like how we press the link or the picture icon above and then we insert the url, so the same system would happen here.
                    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

yep, but I don't mean them in HTML code, but in icon implemented code. An idea is to do the same system, like how we press the link or the picture icon above and then we insert the url, so the same system would happen here.
                      Ah, I see. You want an icon in the Advanced Post box. That's something ADM would have to look in to.
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

yep, but I don't mean them in HTML code, but in icon implemented code.
                        It's not HTML, but yeah, I get your point. A quick button for these things would be useful.
                        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

These are both changes I'll need to look into after the new year. Things are a bit too busy now, unfortunately.

Quick note though I'm leaning away from your suggestion, [MENTION=21812]Skip[/MENTION], as I'm not sure how much it differs from the "New Posts" link at the top Navigation bar.

Comment

Speaking of tags, include the Spoiler Tag's icon in advanced post box, too. It's not included in yet.

[MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION], you also need to look into the spoiler window's closure, because once you open the spoiler window, you can't close it. :/

Comment

Is there a way to post youtube video's here? Not just the link where the video is located, I mean directly watch it here from the youtube website?
                              "Men must be free to do what they believe. It is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no matter how much we disagree!” -Altair

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimecia View Post
                                Is there a way to post youtube video's here? Not just the link where the video is located, I mean directly watch it here from the youtube website?
                                Yes:

[yt]url to youtube video here[/yt]

Comment

Working...
                                X