Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

This is site related only and not related to Alan Wake, so please no posts saying "New Screenshots" or "New Media" etc.

Are you happy with the way the forums are currently? Is there anything you would want to see added here.

Do you feel we need a frontend for the news? Or are you fine with how the news is handled now. BrightFalls.com was our frontend but unfortunately due to a crash went down, since everything was handled on the forums there was no rush.

So if theres anything you would like to see then say so here. These forums are for you, the community, so feel free to suggest anything

---
    EDIT: Just to reiterate: This topic is for suggesting improvments to these forums and alanwake.com. All suggestions for the Alan Wake game should be posted here: Alan Wake Wishlist. Thanks -Maddieman

• Stammy
    replied
    Help & Issues subforum is much needed for Quantum Break. Now possible game discussion get lost under technical discussion. Also story (spoiler) subforum is needed for deeper discussion of the story.

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    Re: Forum/Site Improvements - What would you like to see? (Please comment)

Gaah, I've been staring at it for a while and at one point it worked like a charm (although quite sluggishly). I reckon Twitter wizards changed their API and the current connection doesn't work for reasons beyond my comprehension. I'll do some magic on it (as in "shazam, now you see it, now you don't").

Leave a comment:

• Ruuttu
    replied

Hey, are you ever going to do something about that broken twitter ticker on the index page?
    The one that just says "loading latest news post..."
    Last edited by Ruuttu; 10-03-2013, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maddieman
    replied

Why do you have rate limiting on reporting spam?

Leave a comment:

• Morry
    replied

Originally posted by SandraCopes
    i think every thing is going fine with the forum and according to me it does not need any change for its improvement. All Things are well managed by the formers.
    Disclaimer: No bribery was involved in the above post

Leave a comment:

• QuantumWake
    replied

Originally posted by TheJerkstore View Post
    Actually I think you'll find that's not a typo. Google "GameSpot", it's a gaming site, just like IGN.
    -___- Yeah, I know that. Maybe typo was the wrong word. More like a mix-up?

Leave a comment:

• TheJerkstore
    replied

Originally posted by QuantumWake View Post
    There is a bit of a typo in the Alan Wake Store, it says "Gamespot" when it should say "GameStop".
    Actually I think you'll find that's not a typo. Google "GameSpot", it's a gaming site, just like IGN.

Leave a comment:

• QuantumWake
    replied

There is a bit of a typo in the Alan Wake Store, it says "Gamespot" when it should say "GameStop".

Leave a comment:

• sidetwo
    replied

Originally posted by Ultimecia View Post
    Is there a way to post youtube video's here? Not just the link where the video is located, I mean directly watch it here from the youtube website?
    Yes:

[yt]url to youtube video here[/yt]

Leave a comment:

• Ultimecia
    replied

Is there a way to post youtube video's here? Not just the link where the video is located, I mean directly watch it here from the youtube website?

Leave a comment:

• TannosukeGR
    replied

Speaking of tags, include the Spoiler Tag's icon in advanced post box, too. It's not included in yet.

[MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION], you also need to look into the spoiler window's closure, because once you open the spoiler window, you can't close it. :/

Leave a comment:

• sidetwo
    replied

These are both changes I'll need to look into after the new year. Things are a bit too busy now, unfortunately.

Quick note though I'm leaning away from your suggestion, [MENTION=21812]Skip[/MENTION], as I'm not sure how much it differs from the "New Posts" link at the top Navigation bar.

Leave a comment:

• Kahr
    replied

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
    yep, but I don't mean them in HTML code, but in icon implemented code.
    It's not HTML, but yeah, I get your point. A quick button for these things would be useful.

Leave a comment:

• Morry
    replied

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
    yep, but I don't mean them in HTML code, but in icon implemented code. An idea is to do the same system, like how we press the link or the picture icon above and then we insert the url, so the same system would happen here.
    Ah, I see. You want an icon in the Advanced Post box. That's something ADM would have to look in to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X