30 second search wait

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 second search wait

Is there a reason the forum has a wait time of 30 seconds between searches and other stuff?

I can understand it used for posting, to avoid spammers/trollers and such, but I find it strange that I have to wait half-minute intervals between using the search function & 'Today's Posts' & 'New Posts'.

Anyways just wondering
    Mirrors are more fun than Television

Re: 30 second search wait

To avoid search engine bots and other users hammering it. Search (especially when you have a large database of posts) is very server intensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
      To avoid search engine bots and other users hammering it. Search (especially when you have a large database of posts) is very server intensive.
      Yeah, but still, being hammered by a large number of searchers is not exclusive to this site, and we've all been to other vBulletin boards with a much larger userbase without such a restriction. Is the site hosted on a low-end server?
      Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

No it's on a dedicated server maintained by Remedy but to optimize the load levels we restrict search. There's no need to search more then once ever 30 seconds anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X