Personal notepad for member CP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal notepad for member CP

Hey guys (more Pete than anyone)! I just have a simple, low priority request.

Could we get a simple personal notepad in our User CP that we can type odds & ends into?

I know IP boards have this feature, but I'm unsure about vBulletin boards. Excuse my technical ignorance if I'm mistaken.
    Last edited by Raveness; 05-26-2008, 08:37 PM.
    Mirrors are more fun than Television

Re: Personal notepad for member CP

That would have to be a custom addition and I'm not too sure of any addons for that at all unfortunately. I try not to code anything specifically for the forums as the codebase changes a lot and I don't want to keep up with the certain hooks and code changes that come with that

Comment

Also, we've been putting off a major upgrade to the forum software which adds a LOT of (imo useless for a forum this size) facebook-style features like blogs, friend lists, social groups, etc. If you can wait a bit for that stuff (sometime after I get back), maybe that'll work ok as a substitute.

Comment

I looked into a personal notepad and it's doable, requires a tiny template edit but as far as I could see should work with this version of the forums and any later ones.

It's up to Maddie if he wants it added here though. The new forum software upgrade doesn't add anything like this that could work as a substitute.

Comment

If you've got the time and it doesn't break the forums, I'm happy for you to proceed.

However, as always, if it becomes a hassle to maintain/moderate...

Comment

I'll look into it a bit more tomorrow then.

Comment

Looks like the wheels are turning, even if they end up going in circles. I can't imagine having a notepad function being a difficult thing to implement and maintain. It's been a staple of Invision power b's for ages, and consensus is that IPB's are the lesser board software these days compared to vBulletin or phpBB.

Can't wait, cuz I really need to write some important things down here, ex. Go round mums, get Liz back, sort life OUT!
              Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Working...
              X