Official Remedy Discord server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Remedy Discord server?

Let's face it, these forums have been kind of dead lately. But I still think there are Remedy fans eager to contact the team or just talk about Remedy games in general, so I an official Discord server would be beneficial. Quite a few gaming companies (although none probably quite as large as Remedy) have built their community interaction almost exclusively on Discord.
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

It has always been a lil bit quiet when there are no remedy-related news.
    Either way, an official Remedy discord server would be nice.
    I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

*Clings to Volunteer Moderator position like Luke clings to that weird beam thing at the end of The Empire Strikes Back*

If I remember correctly, I think the Associate Community Manager role mentioned desired experience with software including Discord? So depending on Remedy's direction, it is certainly possible!

I've been trying to get to grips with Discord as I know there's a Quantum Break community on there as well as a Max Payne modding group, but I haven't found the interface that welcoming. I'll probably get used to it at some point and look back at this post like "....oh boy" now. Forums are a little easier to join for new members, and these boards in particular have a special place in my heart located between the photos of really fluffy cats and mint hot chocolate. I would genuinely miss these boards a lot if they got replaced. I do know the benefits of having Discord buuuuut... I have really nice memories of this place.

I'm not sure how much influence I actually have when it comes to forum-y things especially as it's an official channel for the studio and everything, there would probably have to be a discussion about that, but I would love to bring back some of the old traditions we had sometime in the new year. There's been a lot of stuff which, as a forum, we just stopped doing just because there wasn't time or things just didn't work out or life took over.

I don't know how well those ideas would fit with Discord... but if we could have both an active forum AND an active Discord, I'd definitely be up for that!
      The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

That stuff I said about discord email issues seems to have cleared up. If I remember, discord requires invitation links to join chats and those can expire. Is this only for private rooms or can there be public discord rooms?
        Last edited by Maniac; 12-01-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You can set the expiry time to never expire when creating the invitation.

I don't think a Discord server would completely replace the forums. It would be a place which keeps up casual conversation, but bigger events or proper support wouldn't really be possible there. I guess it would just be a neat place to keep up the buzz.
          The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

One thing which I maybe prefer Discord over vBulletin is that adding custom avatars is just so much simpler! Since my previous post, Invisible Rain started an Alan Wake fan Discord and added me as a mod on there. I had that dog-at-keyboard-meme impression at first, but I've warmed up to it and there are conversation styles which are better suited to the chatroom style that Discord has. I really appreciate Kristy adding me and also tolerating me. We have some custom Alan Wake themed emojis over there by Katerina and Carla, which have been really popular, and you can add them in less than a minute very easily. I've looked if it's something that might be a thing here too but just reading about the vBulletin emoji adding process melts my brain a little.

Comment

You're all talking some weird feline language for all I know. It's alright though. It' all dust in the wind after all, or cat litter. Hairball? No matter.. energy? Spiritual journey across the universe, with no apparent purpose. What matters is steady flow of cat pictures and....cat stuff.

I've contributed enough, for now.
              I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Ahhh, I've missed you Pickman!

Comment

You know what! I miss this forgotten place.
                  I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

So there is hope after all...

Father Thor...bless this war.

Comment

Working...
                    X