Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone support for forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iPhone support for forum?

    I know I saw a thread about an easier way to browse this forum on the iPhone, could someone direct me to it please. Thanks.
    Waiting for Alan Wake sequel.
    Great job Remedy, you made the best and greatest single player game I've ever played. Thank you for your creativity.

  • #2
    Re: iPhone support for forum?

    Hi there.

    We had it but due to some issues we have to disable the support. Sorry about that, if something better comes up we'll definitely be implementing it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: iPhone support for forum?

      Okay, thanks. I think I found the app that was used, forum runner I think. It's not that great anyway.
      Waiting for Alan Wake sequel.
      Great job Remedy, you made the best and greatest single player game I've ever played. Thank you for your creativity.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: iPhone support for forum?

        Originally posted by ADM View Post
        Hi there.

        We had it but due to some issues we have to disable the support. Sorry about that, if something better comes up we'll definitely be implementing it.
        Tapatalk maybe?
        It is an Android App.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: iPhone support for forum?

          Did I mention that Tapatalk support would be nice?




          I'm pretty sure I did...

          I can't be the only one using my android phone for catching up with the latest posts on the forum?
          Can I? Really??

          So Adm!
          Tapatalk? Pretty please with sugar on top?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: iPhone support for forum?

            Unfortunately I don't have an Android device to provide support for Tapatalk. Sorry!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: iPhone support for forum?

              ok fair enough.
              You went for the half-eaten fruity device didnt you :-P

              Anyway.
              Tapatalk isnt just for Android.
              The same software works for a lot of devices and mobile OSes.

              Taken from Tapatalks front page:
              Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free). Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin.
              If you havent had the chance to experience reading a forum by using this system then you are missing out.
              Unless ofcourse if you only use a proper computer for your forum fix.

              Would you be so kind and look at this plugin first and then decide if you want to use it or not?

              BR
              Crow

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: iPhone support for forum?

                Originally posted by Crow View Post
                Unless ofcourse if you only use a proper computer for your forum fix.
                No I use my iPhone a lot as I need to always check up here when I'm out and about.

                Originally posted by Crow View Post
                Would you be so kind and look at this plugin first and then decide if you want to use it or not?
                Definitely. Since it's available on iPhone I'll be able to test it out. I'll have a look at it the next chance I get (most likely this weekend) and let you know if we can provide support for it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: iPhone support for forum?

                  Excellent!
                  I will keep an eye on this thread for your reply.
                  Let me know if you need amother tester.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: iPhone support for forum?

                    Hey Crow,

                    I had a look at this and I'm still not 100% sure on moving to support this. There are two major reasons:

                    1) We will be moving and upgrading our community to a new version soon(ish) so I want to be less plugin reliant as possible before this move.
                    2) Supporting external plugins is a lot of work both security wise and upgrade wise.

                    I'm also still not happy with the implementation and also allowing a third party with the type of access this plugin allows.

                    Sorry.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: iPhone support for forum?

                      Bummer!
                      Oh well, atleast you took a look at it.

                      do you have any plans on making a "small screen skin" to the site by any chance?

                      As I mentioned I use my mobilephone more and more for netrelated stuff.
                      And navigating this forum is a bit of a hassle on a small screen.
                      Scrolling back and forth to read the information.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: iPhone support for forum?

                        Hi, since you're getting a lot of new users/posts on here due to the release of the PC version of AW and of course, AW:AN, please could you look into ways of making the forum more user-friendly for mobile devices. Forum Runner was working fine until the site needed to install the updated plug-in. It's really a pain to read this forum without Forum Runner or at least a mobile version of the forum.

                        There's an iOS app which runs forum views without any plug-ins but each site needs to be added to the app manually via an app update so new sites don't get added very often. I don't have my phone with me but will post the name of the app later.

                        Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: iPhone support for forum?

                          Originally posted by seizeseptember View Post
                          Hi, since you're getting a lot of new users/posts on here due to the release of the PC version of AW and of course, AW:AN, please could you look into ways of making the forum more user-friendly for mobile devices. Forum Runner was working fine until the site needed to install the updated plug-in. It's really a pain to read this forum without Forum Runner or at least a mobile version of the forum.

                          There's an iOS app which runs forum views without any plug-ins but each site needs to be added to the app manually via an app update so new sites don't get added very often. I don't have my phone with me but will post the name of the app later.

                          Thanks.
                          The iOS app I mentioned is called Forum Reader (or Forum Reader Free) by Milkcowblues Studio.

                          http://milkcowblues-studio.blogspot....um-reader.html

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: iPhone support for forum?

                            This forum really needs some love for mobile devices. Now it's way too heavy with those BIG banners and such. Please enable Tapatalk or at least make a mobile friendly skin.
                            My Alan Wake Collection

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X