New site admin.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site admin.

Many may have noticed a new site admin on the forums, Maddieman. Many of you may know who he is if you've ever been in the Max Payne community.

He's the guy responsible for the Katana mod(s) for Max Payne 1 and also the upcoming Matrix mod for MP1, The Real World. He's an insanely good modder and I'm sure he'll be just as good an admin as well.

The reason why we've appointed a new admin is because I will be stepping down due to my increasing study load at University. Focus is everything right?

I started up AlanWake.net in the start of May 2005, it was the first Alan Wake fansite on the net and it drew it quite a good amount of traffic as well. Around half a month later it became the official fansite and the forums became the official forums.

We had some good times and some great competitions here on the site, but unfortunately I must depart from my duties here.

The forums are in good shape here, they're on a very stable server so we won't have any issues there and they are now in the hands of a very trustworthy man.

I of course will still hang around and post every now and then but I won't have any authority or say in the running of the forums now. So if you need anything or have a problem then please contact Maddieman.

So thanks for everything guys and I bid you farewell

Re: New site admin.

Hi everyone!

Wow, isn't this a surprise?

First I must say that I'm honoured that ADM and Remedy have offered me this position, and I can't wait to getting started and meet everyone. As some of you know, besides my mod work, I've spent some time moderating the Max Payne boards at 3d Realms, as well as Frozmods and Paynereactor -- so rest assured, you're in safe hands.

Second, I think some huge praise and support is due to ADM for doing such a great job creating and running AlanWake.net and these forums, over this past year. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him, and wish him all the best for his studies and the future.

As ADM said, I'll be running the upkeep of the forum now, although at present I'm not going to change anything too drastically -- if it 'aint broke, why fix it, right? (although if anyone has any good suggestions, now might be a good time to voice them) One thing we are considering, however, is adding a new 'Alan Wake News' section to the forum, so everyone can stay up-to-date on current news and events, and allow you to comment on them.

I think that covers everything; of course if anyone has any comments or questions, you're more than welcome to contact me or post a reply here.

Thanks again, and be sure to stay A Wake.

Comment

Well, let me just say, All Hail to The New Master Of The AlanWake.Com Forum

And ADM, good luck with your studies
      Yes, you.

Comment

I think ADM deserves a big thanks for the time he spent running the site. You did a great job. It's sad to see you go, but I understand why you have to.

I'd also like to greet Maddieman welcome to the forum. Haven't seen much of you previously, even though I've been at 3DR for a while. But I'm sure you're a great guy, considering the fact that ADM recommends you.

[/FONT]

Comment

Best of luck with your studies, ADM, you did a fine job.

Welcome Maddieman. I look forward to seeing your admin prowess.
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Welcome, Maddieman.
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

It is indeed time for happiness. ADM did a FANtastic job in setting up the alanwake.net and being the cool guy that he is. Happily enough, we can still continue to see him on the forums. Thanks for the good times.

I am equally happy to have Maddieman accept our invitation to administrate the forums. I'm sure you all will get to know him. And his coolness almost matches with ADM Plus he is an insane mod guru. Our history with Maddieman goes way back to the launch of Max Payne 1 when Maddie was, I guess, the first to come up with Max Payne mod tutorials for all to see. It was a time, that was not Remedy's finest hour since the official tutorials took a really long time to get done. It is thanks to Maddie and others who did a great job helping others - without rewards or somebody telling them to do this.

Anyway, thanks ADM, see you around. Welcome Maddieman. Glad to have you on board.

Comment

Originally posted by MikaRMD
                And his coolness almost matches with ADM
                Yes, almost heh.

Seriously though thanks guys for all the well wishes and support. I really appreciate it all and I'm glad that you guys think I did a good job with the site/forums

I'll still be around.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM
                  I'll still be around.
                  You had better, ADM. It just wouldn't be the same without you.
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Welcome Maddieman.
                    Last edited by KAMUI; 03-08-2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

glad that you will stick around adm.. it's really nice that a fansite turned in to the official forum site!!
                      i wish u the best with your studies!

welcome maddieman! hopefully you will make some great mods for alan wake 2

Comment

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

And yes, if Alan Wake can be modded, I'll be first in line to break it into little pieces and then try and put back together again.

Comment

Good luck with your studies,ADM!
                          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Welcome Maddie!
                            We could'nt have picked a better admin, trust me guys!
                            Hélder Pinto
                            Portfolio ~ Blog

Comment

It's great to have you back Maddieman.

SamiV.
                              Lead Technical Artist, Remedy Co-Founder

Comment

Working...
                              X