Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods killing the community?

Hey guys,

Don't you think mods close thread that they shouldn't, saying that the thread went off topic?

Re: Mods killing the community?

No, they're right. Every thread they've closed have been off-topic, which is a natural thing to happen. Try talking to a friend for ten minutes (in real life) and try to stay to on topic only. It's impossible. And as such, I find it somewhat ridiculous that the mods close every thread that goes off-topic, but whatever, they just do it to keep people from fighting.

A few people here are acting very rude. Me included, but I have good reasons.

Comment

If there's an action that you think shouldn't have been taken then you can report it directly to me. I can overturn anything if I feel that the mod in question went over the line.

I'm also moving this to the Information Desk forum as this is to do with the forums and not Alan Wake.

Comment

No, I don't think they close threads that they shouldn't. They do a good job of keeping it clean.

Comment

Originally posted by MilitanT-7 View Post
          Hey guys,

Don't you think mods close thread that they shouldn't, saying that the thread went off topic?
          If a thread is closed because it went off-topic, you are more than welcome to create a separate off-topic thread about the off-topic. We won't stop you...until it goes off-topic.
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
            If a thread is closed because it went off-topic, you are more than welcome to create a separate off-topic thread about the off-topic. We won't stop you...until it goes off-topic.
            True, but then chances are that no one's going to bother, and even if someone does, the new discussion is probably not really going to pick up.

I don't think mods are really killing the community, but not really doing it any favors either.
            End of the internets

Comment

As far as I noticed (and again please notify me if this is not the case), threads have been closed when they've been off topic due to it verging on the edge of having the users being offensive to each other.

Comment

Working...
              X