Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New features added!

Hey all.

We've added two new features to the community forums for your convenience.

First one is something that has been requested for a while now and that is the ability to embed YouTube videos into posts.

To do so is quite simple. All you need to do is use the following bbcode [yt][/yt]. In between the tags just copy and paste the url to the youtube video like so:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmk2dus1BhU&feature=channel_video_title[/yt]

The result is this:

The second new feature is the ability to mention users! For those on twitter it's the same, so basically using the at sign at the start of their name to mention them like so [MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION] - if someone typed that I would be notified of their post and "ADM" would be linked to my profile, like it is here.

It's that simple!

Hope you guys like the new features and any questions feel free to ask.

Re: New features added!

If you want, you can shorten the youtube link to this as example

FROM
    [""yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmk2dus1BhU&feature=channel_video_title[/yt]

TO
    [""yt]fmk2dus1BhU[/yt]

This is indeed successful, because an admin in a Greek forum i'm in used it and the youtube videos were visible. So I thought of telling you this.
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Actually no, that won't work. It needs to be the url to Youtube to work. The way I said in the first post is the correct details for this implementation of YT embedding.

It can actually be any url that YouTube provides so you don't need to go into the effort of editing/stripping things out.

Comment

Thanks for the update ADM
        Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Since [MENTION=1]ADM[/MENTION] has been so kind to give us some new updates, I thought I'd celebrate it by embedding one of my favorite YouTube videos.

"So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

That is AWESOME. Thanks for adding the new feature!

This is pretty cool too.

In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?", but there cannot be any explanation.The unanswered mystery is the one that stays with us the longest, and it's what we'll remember in the end.

Comment

This Batllefield vid is better

Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I noticed in a user's profile, there's now a "Thread Tag". What's that about?
                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Yeah I haven't actually enabled that yet. Still deciding on it as it needs to be worked into the design a bit better.

Basically it allows you to tag users to a thread so they are notified.

Comment

Hmmm. I have a good idea for it. Can you try creating a new box just like the "New Posts" to let you notify that there are ""a number"" of notifications"? With this, it won't mess up with the Private Notifications, as they're only for PMs and Personal Messagings in the user's profile(Not inside the mailbox).
                    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Well now Private notifications include mentions and the like. Not worth the work to separate notifications into two when they're all just notifications anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the updates!
                        Listen to Tera Melos - Patagonian Rats

Comment

Working...
                        X